PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a tuned Mini One?

AN03REW
15th December 2005, 02:27 AM
Just wondered if any ones tunned a Mini one. Ive got one and its got a 30bhp chip from Lohen(featured in go mini October 2005)Ive also got the viper pipercross induction kit. You should have see the look on my mates faces when they couldnt pass a mini one in there coopers. Does any one know of any other little things to change for more B.H.P ?

Smitty
15th December 2005, 03:10 AM
uprated spark plugs n leads???

dunno if it'll do much though since its not a high powered engine to strat with

i'm sure some experts on here will no much more!!

pete
15th December 2005, 04:05 AM
Zorst?

GAJ
15th December 2005, 04:17 AM
Playmini with straight through front pipe is recommended (and cheap)! And it's tuned, not tunned!!;)

monkimagic
15th December 2005, 09:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ And it's tuned, not tunned!!;)

Thats you told :p

bpirie1000
15th December 2005, 04:25 PM
terri Has a Few Mods on her mini one.. might be best speakign to her or john..

Burple
15th December 2005, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

Just wondered if any ones tunned a Mini one.

Not Yet! ;);):p:D

But it's getting my Playmini exhaust, Ram Air filter and a cheeky wee MTH chip as soon as it's run in!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Go Playmini like GAJ says - lots and lots of :D:D:D:D:D:D:D for the £££££££££!!!!
You could always bin the Cat too.. then it's gonna start getting expensive to make faster! Chuck on a turbo? ;);):p

:cool::D

T6 KFR
17th December 2005, 04:35 AM
Definatetly go for a playmini exhaust, straight through pipe for performance.

Could always get rid of your runflats too perhaps... that will get your mini off the mark quicker!....its something i need to do

zoot
18th December 2005, 05:55 PM
mini one chiptuned, pipercross intake, laser double exhaust left and right.... makes a BIG difference.... performance and of course SOUND:cool:

AN03REW
19th December 2005, 09:14 AM
Is it possible for any car to be slower than one of the exact same spec? because i feel my mini one is slower standard than my first mini one. Ive yet to have it on the rolling road. But if it aint got 90bhp like it should. What can I do?? Does getting rid off your run flats make the car quicker off the mark? And fits a play mini exhaust and where do you get them from??:question:

redpoint rallying
20th December 2005, 03:47 AM
See www.essentialmini.co.uk for your Play Mini exhaust. And yes, If you do away with the runflats there is a marked difference, they are blumin heavy things. I now carry Minis bottle of goo and compressor as an alternative.

cheers

M

T6 KFR
20th December 2005, 05:44 PM
I know its your post An03rew, but redpoint i have a question.

Is the playmini exhaust the best one out there for performance for the one / cooper? I will be buying one after new year and need to know, cheers!

MartinSullivan
20th December 2005, 05:55 PM
The playmini is a good exhaust KFR, John ran one on his race car towards the end of the season.

GAJ
20th December 2005, 06:47 PM
The Playmini is recommended although I haven't tried any other aftermarket exhausts. The JCW exhaust sounds a bit 'poppier' but you can't buy that on it's own.

I was surprised at the difference the Playmini made to my car - it now feels much more free-revving and it sounds the mutts!:)

Burple
20th December 2005, 07:06 PM
It is one of the best. Cheapest too! Makes a lovely sound, even without an air filter swap :D when you do both however, wuff!!!!! :D:D:D

Pretty easy to fit yourself too, providing you have axle stands or a handy car-lift (I wish) :D

The Playmini exhaust I had on my classic Cooper was on it for just over 5 years.. and it STILL sounded great and was still shiny when I sold the car!!

redpoint rallying
21st December 2005, 01:53 AM
Yep, just what they all say above!

All reports are that it is a quality item. Probably one of the best.

To get the best out of any 'tuned' exhaust you should really use a free flow manifold matched to it also....they are expensive but allow the full benefit of the exhaust pipe, but not entirely essential for a mildly tweaked road One which I think is what is in mind.

cheers

M

zoot
21st December 2005, 03:24 AM
i prefer laser exhaust.... big sound, easy to fit, not expensive, very nice view from the rear end (low)... no big muffler sticking out underneath....
just view my pics on the link below section "aanpassingen" is dutch for mods...:cool: