PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Light

sw
13th December 2005, 10:54 PM
Help my Airbag light has just came on!!!!!! My car was running, tipped passenger seat forward to get stuff in the back and when I got back in the light was on. GREAT. How do I get it off or is it a trip to dealer? (52 plate so no warranty left)

MartinSullivan
13th December 2005, 10:57 PM
Its a trip to the dealer I am afraid - there is a known issue with the cable stretching when the seat goes forward and breaking the circuit. There was a bulletin about it telling dealers how to relieve the strain on the cable. If you find a friendly dealer and plead your case they might do it as a fix.

sw
13th December 2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks

sw
14th December 2005, 09:29 PM
If they do charge for the repair/reset whats it likely to cost me?

MartinSullivan
14th December 2005, 09:50 PM
It should be a minimal fee - say 30 quid or something like that, it only involves hooking up to their computer to reset the light, although I would speak to them about getting the mod done to airbag wiring too.

Gismo
14th December 2005, 10:04 PM
If your car is still covered by warranty i'd expect it to be reset free of charge and the cable sorted so it does not happen again

MartinSullivan
14th December 2005, 10:11 PM
Read first post again Bonnie ;)

Gismo
14th December 2005, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Read first post again Bonnie ;)
:eek::I:I;)

Vicki
25th December 2005, 02:20 AM
my passenger airbag warning light came on about 3 months ago and my cars out of warranty as its a 51 plate, they fixed it all for free cos its a fault with the car and it had some form of warranty what the customer dont tend to know about. but anyway, they fixed mine for free ...... mien had an actual fault and the wires needed to be replaced, it was £30 for parts and £90 for an hours labour

sw
27th December 2005, 04:59 AM
Wire harness below the passanger seat had to be replaced, total cost £82. I was quite pi$$ed off.:mad:

Mini Me
27th December 2005, 05:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by sw

Wire harness below the passanger seat had to be replaced, total cost £82. I was quite pi$$ed off.:mad:

Is that not a car i sold :question::question::question:. Icould be wrong :I
If it was ,let me know ;)

sw
30th December 2005, 03:18 AM
No it was my MC, right person though, my fiancee bought a Black Mini One from yourself earlier this year. Thanks Anyway.