PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAaaaaaahhh!!!!

Burple
10th October 2003, 08:15 AM
What can I say...
The B@st@rd neds strike again!!!
Some pissed up little scumbag just drove into the side of me on a roundabout!!
Minding my own business coming back from the gym, going round a roundabout and out of nowhere this red fiesta slams into the side of me! (He was doing about 40mph when he hit me). It all happened in slow motion... he appeared from behind another car (which was stopped at the roundabout waiting for the traffic) in the inside lane. next thing I saw was tire smoke (God knows how fast he *WAS* going!!) and Blam... he hit right at the front of the passenger door and smashed me into the roundabout. I look up when we stop, and he's going for his keys, gets the car started and spins the wheels off into the distance! what a feckin mess!! wrecked door and front panel and suspension and wheel buggered on the Driver's side where he pushed me into the roundabout - the bottom suspension arm is now 'V' shaped.:blackeye:
Some nice friendly motorists (cheers guys! and thanks for stopping to make sure I was ok! :D) chased the wee £$^%^"£$, his car gave up 300 yards away. 3 of them were then seen legging it away from the car throwing their beer bottles over garden walls... :eek:
Police all over the place (more thanks.. couldn't have been nicer)
Last I heard they think they 'might' have found them.
MiniEmergency were VERY good :D They had a truck out to come get me in less than half an hour... but the final kick in the teeth was seeing that piece of Sh*t fiesta on the back of the truck FIRST!!!!!!:mad::mad::disapprove:
So now I have the fun job of all the hassle with the insurance company, and getting the car sorted and sorting out a courtesy car...
won't be getting much sleep tonight!
Got a few pics of the car... :(
they're here:
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/pict0144.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/pict0145.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/pict0146.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/pict0147.jpg

What a bleedin mess... :(:(:blackeye::(:blackeye::disapprove:

Willie M
10th October 2003, 03:40 PM
Aw Ewan!! I don't believe it!! :eek::(:disapprove:
I'm absolutely gutted for you :( I absolutely cringed looking at the pics :dead:

Glad to hear that you're okay though. Metal bits can be fixed. Flesh and boney bits... not quite so easy.

Hope the wee car gets sorted out quickly for you and you're both back on the road soon :cool: Hopefully still see you along on the Glencoe weekend (you'd be welcome as navigator in Stouffer if you're stuck).

I hope the polis get the wee rat that did this :mad: Know what I'd do if I got my hands on him :blackeye:

Big Col
10th October 2003, 03:57 PM
That totally sucks mate! I hate neds! I'm glad there were some friendly motorists about that prove the world isn't totally full of pr!cks.

Julz
10th October 2003, 04:04 PM
Aww Ewan, I feel really sorry for you, what a wee shame:( There's not really much I can say, except what Willie and Col have said, metal can be fixed (so Rob keeps reminding me every time I apologise for what happened to Herbie) and at least there were some decent people who gave chase!! I hate wee neddie bas...., scum!!! :mad:
I'm sure BMW will look after you, is it going to JC's as they are VERY helpful with after sales care!!
:eightball: here, have a lucky eight ball!:I

zimbo
10th October 2003, 04:42 PM
Dundee minky B******s strike again... :mad::evil::mad:
I know EXACTLY what we would have done, had we got our hands on them.... :evil::blackeye::blackeye::dead:

Willie dont worry I know that he would'nt miss the run for anything, think he might tag along with me MAYBE!! but if he becomes a pain in the arse then I will gladly pass him over to you, to do with as you please ;):D

Fontal
10th October 2003, 05:10 PM
Im sorry to here about it, Glad your ok and I hope the polis get those neds and throw the book at them.
Hope you get back on the road soon.
Richard

Tahra
10th October 2003, 05:17 PM
More of the same Ewan, Its so crap that some wee sh*ts do things like that probably every night, but your car will get better !!!! Couldnt see a thing on the bodywork on ours after its wee incident but BMW seem to look after their own very well.

Monsta Mo Mini
10th October 2003, 05:19 PM
It only reinforces my opinion that all neds should be castrated at birth and prevented from creating more of their kind. Real sorry for you Ewan - glad your OK though!

minidriver#1
10th October 2003, 05:24 PM
hey man, couldnt believe it when i called you last night. just looked at the pics there. shocking. Hope to see you back on the road soon. Keep us posted with updates. i hope the police got em last night. Main thing is though that you werent hurt.

Wul
10th October 2003, 06:42 PM
Ditto to all of the above Ewan - hope your back on the road soonest.

GAJ
10th October 2003, 07:13 PM
I feel your pain! You must be absolutely gutted. Best of luck with the repairs. See you at Glencoe.

knaone
10th October 2003, 07:45 PM
Ewan mate,

Sorry to see that mate, the car will be repaired main thing is you are ok....

Hope all gets sorted soon!

seany
10th October 2003, 08:13 PM
i am glad you are ok, and sorry about the car,but the car can be repaired, and all the best getting the car back on the road.

Willie M
10th October 2003, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Willie dont worry I know that he would'nt miss the run for anything, think he might tag along with me MAYBE!! but if he becomes a pain in the arse then I will gladly pass him over to you, to do with as you please ;):D
Naw, naw Zimbo... yer alright mate, you can keep him ;):D
Seriously though, it'd be great to see him make it along :cool:

sh@z
10th October 2003, 09:25 PM
godamn man, glad to hear ur ok tho mate....

cars can be fixed (aint i heard that a lot lately :p) but its soo true.. jus glad u are ok...

I woulda beaten the sh*t outta the wee neds if i were there and managed to get em :/.. hope they get busted and as calum said "castrated" :p...

Hope your car gets sorted quicker then mine and insurance are quick about it :)

all the best mate

sh@z`

macblob
10th October 2003, 10:27 PM
damm , sorry to hear about the wee ned fu**wits, hope u catch up with them and give em a good kicking for mashin ur MINI, hope repairs etc go ok man

3GGG
11th October 2003, 02:04 AM
Very sorry to hear about the damage Ewan, hope you get your smashing wee MINI back soon. No-one hurt is the main thing.

KarenH
11th October 2003, 08:11 AM
Ewan,

I can't really add much to what has already been said - I'm really sorry to hear what happened :(. I hope that the police did get them - they deserve all they get :mad:.

I'm glad to hear that other people were helpful and friendly and I hope that you manage to get everything sorted soon.

Karen

Linda M
12th October 2003, 06:08 AM
I was gutted for you Ewan when Willie told me :(

Mini Martyn
12th October 2003, 06:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the car man,the piccy's would bring a tear to a glass eye. If the police get them (which i hope they do)wee should get them along to a mini run to show them what we think of them!!

Burple
13th October 2003, 04:30 AM
Cheers guys for all the support...:D:D:D
yeah.. it's just metal...
Had to have a lot of liquid therapy last night tho!!!:D

Update time... Police think they might have the guy driving. They apparently called the registered owner who told them he'd just sold the car, and gave them the guy's address. Apparently 'weel kent face' around the place...
Now what are the chances he actually *had* insurance??:blackeye::dead:

Went up to JC and they gave me a courtesy car.So I still got a Pepper White Mini... it's just a wee ONE for a lickle while... Damn I miss my toys!! Good on them tho, as they're not my insurance company's approved repairer. buggered if my car was going to Arnold Clark tho!!!

Updated the pics too. Got some better (maybe not the best word to use!) daylight ones...

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/one.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/two.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/three.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/four.jpg

P.s... Julz... ta for the sticker! Cheered me up a bit knowing I got that to put on poor wee Spook when I get him back! :D

I'll still be on the Glencoe run one way or t'other!!
You ain't getting off THAT easy!!;);):D:cool:
Cheers again guys.... gotta keep smiling :)
(at least people will wonder what the hell I'm up to!!):)

zimbo
13th October 2003, 04:56 AM
SPOOK??? Ha Ha!! I dont know where you get your names from, but they crack me up... ha ha ha :D

DNV122
13th October 2003, 05:54 AM
Yikes,

Your OK that's No.1.

If you need any tips on how to cope whil ethe car is away - give me a call !

We'll have a right load of stories for Glencoe/Skye....

Need a lift ??

knaone
13th October 2003, 09:21 PM
A guy i race with, the very same thing happened to him, a guy hit him with no insurance, apparently the insurance companies pay into some kind of fund and the bill comes out of that, thats what happened to him anyway.... might be an idea to try and snoop about see if anything comes to light about it?

Woz
15th October 2003, 12:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your smash, I know what it was like watching a 4*4 reverse in to my Mini and that was Minor damage compared.

Hope they get it fixed soon

Burple
22nd October 2003, 02:01 AM
quote:
Naw, naw Zimbo... yer alright mate, you can keep him ;):D
Seriously though, it'd be great to see him make it along :cool:

Oi!!... but whit's wrang wi me like??
<puts on big puppy dog eyes, bottom lip all-a-quiver> ;);):D

bwah hah hah.. I'll be there one way or another!! :D:D:cool:

Burple
22nd October 2003, 02:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by knaone

A guy i race with, the very same thing happened to him, a guy hit him with no insurance, apparently the insurance companies pay into some kind of fund and the bill comes out of that, thats what happened to him anyway.... might be an idea to try and snoop about see if anything comes to light about it?

Yeah.. had a look into that too...
If it goes to the Uninsured Loss Fund thingy *I* have to pay the first £300!!!!!!
On top of my £250 Insurance excess!!!!
For something that was ENTIRELY not my fault!!!
Where's the justice in that?? :mad::mad::disapprove:
And what will the wee $@%^&£ Ned get?? maybe some community service and a 'Don't do it again' from the court??? *IF* they catch the little F*cker!
Aaaaaahhhhhh!!! <like that angry bloke from 'Chewin The Fat'>
I'm away to the gym to beat the sh*t out of those wee Neds (well they'll be superimposed on the punchbags anyway!!!!)

Burple
22nd October 2003, 02:09 AM
And a quick update...
I just called JC's today. Gordon (the body shop blokey) was away on holiday last week, but it appears that they've pretty much finished all the bodywork, just the steering / suspension to go.... Good work guys!! They're gonna call me later in the week to tell me how they're getting on....
Fingers crossed... I may have by beastie back for the weekend... :)

lightbody
22nd October 2003, 02:55 AM
Just caught this thread.... sorry to hear about your mishap, glad you're OK and hope it all comes back 100%

Good job it wasn't a Classic Mini eh? ...