PDA

View Full Version : how fast can i drive to peterhead?

sleepyrascal
11th December 2005, 12:07 AM
I need to be at a job in Peterhead on tuesday morning. I HAVE to be there BEFORE 8am. Whats the road out there like in the morning? How long will it take from Aberdeen? :)

I know i could just look at the aa route planner or something, but im looking for local knowledge here folks.

euan
11th December 2005, 12:19 AM
What side of Aberdeen are you coming from?

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 12:38 AM
Allow yourself at least an hour, just in case the roads are icy.

sleepyrascal
11th December 2005, 01:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

What side of Aberdeen are you coming from?

West End, I would say a common starting point would be the junction of Anderson Drive and Kings Gate.

Yes Bad dog, I had thought about an hour.

AN03REW
11th December 2005, 01:27 AM
Hey i live in peterhead. once your out of aberdeen youl be 35 mins. You could go the newbourgh road its a good to nip along plus no lorrys. its the turn off at the little chief on your right.

sleepyrascal
11th December 2005, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

Hey i live in peterhead. once your out of aberdeen youl be 35 mins. You could go the newbourgh road its a good to nip along plus no lorrys. its the turn off at the little chief on your right.

Nice one. Cheers.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 01:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

Hey i live in peterhead. once your out of aberdeen youl be 35 mins.

Sleepy, allow yourself an hour the roads have been really icy as the griting on the side of the road leaving Aberdeen haven't been done as well as the roads going in, don't ask me why.

I've seen a few bad smashes recently :( one of them was Jim from Macduff in his MINI.......

T6 KFR
11th December 2005, 02:09 AM
Id say sleepy just over an hour from your flat / house.

The Peterhead road is quiet at that time of morning...used to drive to St Fergus Gas Ternmial quite alot...(p.s there is a really good back roadyou can take into the town!!!)