PDA

View Full Version : Group buys.

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2005, 08:48 AM
Some clarification would be appreciated here Calum...

We were thinking of organising a group buy (probably with our local dealer), for "something" in the new year. Not saying yet what, 'cos I don't want to get folk all interested and excited, just to let them down.

But after seeing Kinghorn has been made to remove the group buy for the wheel arches, I'm a little apprehensive. Is it the case that members of the forum can only organise group buys with commercial sponsors of the site? Or can group buys be organised by "sponsor" members in conjunction with third-party commercial organisations who are not site sponsors?

A.

john
10th December 2005, 09:17 AM
Sleepy organised a group buy on MINI2 and posted it on here too,it was not removed;)

sleepyrascal
10th December 2005, 10:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Sleepy organised a group buy on MINI2 and posted it on here too,it was not removed;)

Your right John, I did!

Thats perhaps was slightly different as the site sponsors were free to quote for the parts. It just so happened that there was a breakdown in communication and the NMS mini sponsor missed out sadly!

However, I do agree with Aimee, andyP etc to a certain extent. On the other hand, the site sponsors have paid money to advertise on the site so other companies who advertise should have to do the same. Thats completely understandable.

However it was not a commercial body who were advertising the painted arches at a discounted rate. It was Kinghorn himself who had sourced this price. His affiliation with the supplier is irrelevant as he does not work there.

If one of the sponsors of the site was to offer a deal on arches, I for one would not be a part of it SIMPLY because of the logistics involved as they are generally not close to me.

So this rule has excluded all those members who do not wish to travel 100 miles+ to get their arches (or any other parts relating to any future group buys) modified.

I think there needs to be some modifications done elsewhere! ;)

To sum up, I totaly support the rules of NMS but feel there is a point where the rules get in the way of community spirit, which is hardly good for a website whos success depends on that very factor.

The Dogfather
10th December 2005, 06:30 PM
I agree SR, Kinghorn was sourcing a cut price deal based on our requests, very different from posting adverts :(

Monsta Mo Mini
10th December 2005, 10:26 PM
The rules are simple.

Commercial posting is not allowed unless you are commercial sponsor.

Same goes for group buys. Group buys are only available through NMS commercial sponsors. Menzies, Essential MIni, Lohen and Apex Signs.

There is very little to be gained in becoming a commercial sponsor if folk are being directed to other companies/friends/family etc. by individuals who contribute nothing to long term future of the site. It's the generosity of our sponsors, be they individuals or companies that keep the site going.

Hope this has made things clear enough!

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification on that Calum.

Andrew

sleepyrascal
10th December 2005, 11:05 PM
Well the solution is, lets persuade a certain aberdeen body shop to get on board and become a sponsor! Then everyone wins! :D

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 04:52 AM
Or

Use MINI2 to host the group buy its not Kinghorn's business so its not like he's advertising, just post a link to the thread on here. This would be no different than someone posting a link to another group buy, like Sleepy did, or to another non sponsor site like Mikey the MINIs.

Scottie
11th December 2005, 05:13 AM
So there is nothing to stop us organising a group buy from any company.

As long as we don't post the information on this site????

sleepyrascal
11th December 2005, 05:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Or

Use MINI2 to host the group buy .... just post a link to the thread on here. .... like Sleepy did

BD, I typed into a post that we could host on MINI2. However I wanted to be seen as a NMS supporter and opted towards a more 'pro NMS' method, i.e getting 'the supplier' on board as a supplier.

I had linked to the MINI2 group buy because some people from NMS were interested at the time. Also, Menzies (at the time) were the dealer for the group buy :)

You have to appreciate that menzies/lohen etc have paid money to be represented on the site and to advertise. In the same breath 'the dealer' did not advertise on NMS and rater it was demand which started the group buy in the first place.

KINGHORN
12th December 2005, 03:15 AM
lol advertising, i never even named the company

Big Col
12th December 2005, 05:18 PM
You were taking business away from a commercial sponsor by attracting public attention to the fact that you can get a cheaper deal elsewhere Kinghorn. That's advertising irrespective of whether you name the company or not.

KINGHORN
12th December 2005, 09:09 PM
lol, who else offers this service

aimee_s
12th December 2005, 09:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

So there is nothing to stop us organising a group buy from any company.

As long as we don't post the information on this site????

one of many valid points raised! so basically we could all email each other details etc and it can go ahead, but not if we were to post a thread on this site?
also the point sleeepy raised was v relevant-100+miles is hardly practical for many of us here to get something done that could be done on our doorstep..

Wul
12th December 2005, 09:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

Menzies do.

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2005, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Menzies do.

So would it be possible for Menzies to do a group buy for this at a reasonable price:question:;)

Waits patiently for Minime to respond.:D

L

john
13th December 2005, 12:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Menzies do.

So would it be possible for Menzies to do a group buy for this at a reasonable price:question:;)

And will they collect and deliver ;)

L

Scottie
13th December 2005, 12:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Menzies do.

L

you will be waiting a while he's Snow Boarding remember.

I asked Menzies a while back for the cheapest price and it ain't cheap.

For example on the aero front and rear bumper bought from Roadster + aero grill was well over £400 to be sprayed by Menzies:eek:

yet using the Highland Bodyshop who are the body shop Calterdon use all in cost £159.00 now that ain't bad and that's using the "BMW" paint so tell me this where is all the profit going that dealers make. e'hhh:D

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2005, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

you will be waiting a while he's Snow Boarding remember.

Anybody know when he is back:question:

Craig
13th December 2005, 02:23 AM
he is away for a week, so I don't think you'll here from him until Monday.:D

Mini Me
19th December 2005, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

The man is back..........wait, group buy:eek::blackeye::blackeye:..the man isny back...;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th December 2005, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by craigd

The man is back..........wait, group buy:eek::blackeye::blackeye:..the man isny back...;)

Och!:( Come on man.... pretty please.:D:D:D:D:D

Lynsey
21st December 2005, 07:02 AM
Come on Iain, im sure you could be persuasive when you want!

"All i want for christmas is my arches painted,
my arches painted, all i want for christmas is my arches painted!"

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeee! Been a good girl!

AndyP & Lenore
21st December 2005, 07:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

Ditto!:D

L

Mini Me
21st December 2005, 07:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

We don't really have a bodyshop at the moment,i jest you not :dead:.with all the new building work going on it's a real nightmare:disapprove:

But even with a group buy, for BMW to do it i'm sure it will be way more than kinghorn was quoting(which was :question:).

AndyP & Lenore
21st December 2005, 08:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

But even with a group buy, for BMW to do it i'm sure it will be way more than kinghorn was quoting(which was :question:).

We're not allowed to tell you on this forum.:disapprove: Well. We could, but then we'd have to kill you.;) And that would be a waste of a decent dam damn fine MINI Salesman.

A.

Mini Me
21st December 2005, 06:20 PM
can you p.m me ????
or is that gonny cos bother.

Lynsey
22nd December 2005, 04:12 AM
Well i wouldve cosidered a menzies price, at least for resale i would be able to say everythin has been done by mini.