10th December 2005, 06:09 AM
Just came in half way through the draw, what group are Scotland in?:p:kiss:

The Dogfather
10th December 2005, 06:14 AM
Oh dear! :D

Scottie
10th December 2005, 06:40 AM
OUCH that hurt.

What exactly have England done in the world cup since 1966??????

Oh aye I know some made a Piza Hut add:D:D:D

Let me see Southgate Pearce and what's the other one called h'mmm cannae think.;):p

duncan
10th December 2005, 06:59 AM
Scotland? He'll be playing for Trinidad and Tobago against you lot. ;)

The Dogfather
10th December 2005, 07:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

1970 - In the quarter finals we lost to W Germany 3-2
1974 - Didn't qualify
1978 - Didn't qualify
1982 - Went out at group stages
1986 - Lost 2-1 to Argentina in the quarter finals. Hand of God :mad:
1990 - Lost to the eventual tournament winners W Germany 4-3 on penalties in the semi final (1-1 after extra time).
1994 - Didn't qualify
1998 - Second Round - Argentina won 4-3 on penalties (2-2 after extra time). Beckham sending off :(Sol Campbell Goal disallowed :mad: Mikey Owen wonder goal :D
2002 - Quarter Finals - Beaten by eventual winners Brazil 2-1. David Seaman screw up :(

Gismo
10th December 2005, 04:51 PM
The best line from the commentator, forgot his name, what a thrill for Tinidad & Tobago getting to play England ;)
He then rattled off all the English based players and just ignored the Scottish ones, pure class
Already they are spouting about whether they will meet Germany or Poland in the next round
And you wonder why we get upset 8):p

The Dogfather
10th December 2005, 06:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

He then rattled off all the English based players and just ignored the Scottish ones, pure class

That's because there's only two one playing for Falkirk the other for Livingston, there's six in England. He's bound to list the English based players first as he was discussing the fact that they would be known to the England squad players. When was the last time Chelsea played Falkirk/Livingston :question:

quote:
Already they are spouting about whether they will meet Germany or Poland in the next round

Given that England are rated as number 2 in the world by Fifa it would be prudent to assume they they would qualify for the second round. IMO this squad is the best squad since 1966 so they stand a very good chance of going on to win it.

quote:
And you wonder why we get upset 8):p

Oh, I thought it was because you didn't qualify :p

duncan
10th December 2005, 08:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

That's because there's only two one playing for Falkirk the other for Livingston, there's six in England. He's bound to list the English based players first as he was discussing the fact that they would be known to the England squad players. When was the last time Chelsea played Falkirk/Livingston :question:

You forgot Andrews, Scotland and Samuell.
And here was me thinking that it was the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation. THATS why we get p'd off with the Anglicised meedja.

sleepyrascal
10th December 2005, 08:40 PM
Oh, I thought it was because you didn't qualify :p

Watch it short arse! :D

euan
10th December 2005, 11:49 PM
Given that England are rated as number 2 in the world by Fifa it would be prudent to assume they they would qualify for the second round. IMO this squad is the best squad since 1966 so they stand a very good chance of going on to win it.

Actually, England are ranked 9th in the world according to FIFA, they were seeded second in the draw for the World Cup (apparently - I've not seen a definitive seedings list with the teams in order) as Brazil and Germany cannot be seeded.

In saying that, I do think they will qualify for the next rounds. How far in, I wouldn't like to say. If you look through the next rounds, if England win the group, they would possible play Germany (who i don't think will win their group). If they beat them (home advantage for the Germans, point to prove) they would then logically play Holland or Argentina. Assuming they get through that one, and assuming Brazil are flying, they would play them in the semis. Which they won't win.

I've said all along that while England are good, they won't get past 1/4, possibly semis, and when you look at the draw I think I may be right ;)

Burple
10th December 2005, 11:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Scotland? He'll be playing for Trinidad and Tobago against you lot. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Burple
11th December 2005, 12:00 AM
quote:

Of course! :D

And here was me thinking that it was the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation. THATS why we get p'd off with the Anglicised meedja.
[/quote]

...and you got it in one! :D

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 12:12 AM

Err, no I didn't Andrews is the Livingston player and Samuel is the Falkirk player I mentioned. I hadn't realised that Jason Scotland had got his work permit renewed and was now playing for St Johnstone.

Actually I was watching the ITV News channel not the BBC. Seeing that only England were in the draw what do you expect they're bound to focus on England.

BTW Scotland is not alone being ignored by the media I think you find that the North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland also don't get the same coverage as London and the Home Counties.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 12:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Actually, England are ranked 9th in the world according to FIFA, they were seeded second in the draw for the World Cup (apparently - I've not seen a definitive seedings list with the teams in order) as Brazil and Germany cannot be seeded.

I stand corrected the seedings are for this event only :I :-

SEEDINGS TABLE
Brazil 64
England 51
Spain 50
Germany 48
Mexico 47
France 46
Argentina 44
Italy 44

You can find the list on the BBC website. But my point is still valid, FIFA reckon we are second only to Brazil in being likely to lift the trophy.

quote:
In saying that, I do think they will qualify for the next rounds. How far in, I wouldn't like to say. If you look through the next rounds, if England win the group, they would possible play Germany (who i don't think will win their group). If they beat them (home advantage for the Germans, point to prove) they would then logically play Holland or Argentina. Assuming they get through that one, and assuming Brazil are flying, they would play them in the semis. Which they won't win.

Quite right the Germans will have something to prove since we beat them 1-5 on their home soil, but there not the team they were. As for Argentina and the Dutch, why not we've beaten the Argies twice in the last two games (last world cup and recent not so-friendly). Brazil are a challenge but if the team plays well why not an English win :question:

Anyway what's wrong with a bit of English national pride!

duncan
11th December 2005, 01:11 AM
Erm, Marvin Andrews hasnt played for Livi for a few years now.
He's gone to that mid-league team called Rangers.

Colin Samuel plays for Dundee United, and has done for 3 seasons.

If you can't get that right,we can't take you serious about England winning, can we :p;)

The T&T connection in Scotland, as far as i'm aware is
Jack - Dundee
Samuel - Dundee United
Scotland - St Johnstone
Latapy - Falkirk
Andrews - Rangers

And as for English National Pride, thats great, i'm glad you lot have grasped the concept that the Union Flag isn't an English one.

duncan
11th December 2005, 01:22 AM

Actually I was watching the ITV News channel not the BBC. Seeing that only England were in the draw what do you expect they're bound to focus on England.

BTW Scotland is not alone being ignored by the media I think you find that the North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland also don't get the same coverage as London and the Home Counties.

Aye, and I was on Radio Five Live, a BBC Station, which completely ignored the Scottish based players.

Even if you were on the ITV News channel, does it not broadcast to the UK? So once again, a UK boadcaster only caters for 1 out of the 4 countries.

sleepyrascal
11th December 2005, 01:28 AM
Whats english national pride? :D:D

Just kidding all you Englandonions! It would be great if Scotland could get their act together and be able to compete with England (or anyone :()at the world cup! Imagine a final with Scotland and England! BRILLINAT!!! There would be a national holiday in the UK I reckon! :D

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 01:41 AM
If you can't get that right,we can't take you serious about England winning, can we :p;)

Maybe you're right but the T&T Fifa website says otherwise Link (http://www.tnt.fifa.com/cda/cda_container/0,1503,countryCode%3Dtto_localeID%3D102_siteCatego ryID%3D2219_siteID%3D1002,00.html)

I don't watch Scottish Football and the only reason I knew about Jason Scotland was I thought it was ironic that someone called Scotland couldn't get a work permit here.

quote:

And as for English National Pride, thats great, i'm glad you lot have grasped the concept that the Union Flag isn't an English one.

I think you'll find that until recently most English people who have described themselves as British, I know I did, and would have supported any of the home nations in the world cup.

However, the English press have picked up on the resentment and dare I say hatred from the Scots towards the English. I think there's been a bit of a backlash against the Scots down South and thats a real shame :(

It seems that being 'British' is on the way out, I think that is a great loss.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 01:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
It would be great if Scotland could get their act together and be able to compete with England :D

Easy to solve this, bring back the Scotland V England games, there's nothing better than a game against England to get the Scotland team playing out of their skins!:D

duncan
11th December 2005, 01:52 AM
I agree with you BD, it is a shame.

The media have thier own agenda, and there's many reasons for their currnet utterings.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 01:58 AM

I agree with you BD, it is a shame.

The media have thier own agenda, and there's many reasons for their currnet utterings.

Like selling papers.........

Still there's nothing like a good English v Scotland football debate

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;):clown:

euan
11th December 2005, 03:38 AM

Maybe you're right but the T&T Fifa website says otherwise Link (http://www.tnt.fifa.com/cda/cda_container/0,1503,countryCode%3Dtto_localeID%3D102_siteCatego ryID%3D2219_siteID%3D1002,00.html)

I don't watch Scottish Football and the only reason I knew about Jason Scotland was I thought it was ironic that someone called Scotland couldn't get a work permit here.

quote:

I think you'll find that until recently most English people who have described themselves as British, I know I did, and would have supported any of the home nations in the world cup.

However, the English press have picked up on the resentment and dare I say hatred from the Scots towards the English. I think there's been a bit of a backlash against the Scots down South and thats a real shame :(

It seems that being 'British' is on the way out, I think that is a great loss.

As a Scot living down south, I would like to say I don't hate nor resent the English.

The news and sports coverage does annoy me a lot, as I don't get to see ANY scottish football news without using Teletext, and to watch the Scotland games I need to go to an Aberdeen supporters club bar (not that bad, always good atmosphere, but it's an hour on the tube).

As for supporting England in sport, I don't mind them doing well, I won't go out of my way to watch it, nor to avoid it, it's just that I can't live with the press coverage of it. Football is the worst, although the rugby was bad for a while after they won it. I personallt feel that it's the press that wind me up about it more, always going on about 1966 (it's a LONG time ago now, yes you won it, time to move on) and the like. Ian Wright sums it up to me, sulking after the Ireland game when, as a so called professional, he should have been congratulating the home nation on their win.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 04:26 AM
As a Scot living down south, I would like to say I don't hate nor resent the English.

Nice to hear you say that but my experience as an Englishman in Scotland is very different. I've had quite a lot of abuse from your fellow Scots, I've even had a couple of 'Your English so' comments from people on this site. Replace the English with Black, Catholic or Pakistani and the comments soon become very offensive, but what's the real difference:question: None if you ask me. Now I can take a bit of banter but sometimes it goes too far.

quote:
The news and sports coverage does annoy me a lot, as I don't get to see ANY scottish football news without using Teletext, and to watch the Scotland games I need to go to an Aberdeen supporters club bar (not that bad, always good atmosphere, but it's an hour on the tube).

Quite right but the papers up here don't carry much on English Football either, usually just a couple of paragraphs at most. Your lucky, can't imagine having a 'England Supporters Bar' up here, can you :question:

quote:
As for supporting England in sport, I don't mind them doing well, I won't go out of my way to watch it, nor to avoid it, it's just that I can't live with the press coverage of it. Football is the worst, although the rugby was bad for a while after they won it. I personallt feel that it's the press that wind me up about it more, always going on about 1966 (it's a LONG time ago now, yes you won it, time to move on) and the like.

Archie Gemmill anyone, one bloody goal, not even a cup win and it's still replayed or how about any of the wins over England especially 1967.

quote:
Ian Wright sums it up to me, sulking after the Ireland game when, as a so called professional, he should have been congratulating the home nation on their win.

I'm with you on that one, I doubt he'll be on BBC for a while after that display.

Scottie
11th December 2005, 05:06 AM
I'm sorry but I just cannot support any "England" team in any sport they compete in. I just can't.:kiss:

I hate them hate them with a vengance.:eek::blackeye:

Maybe that makes me a bad person :I

Allan is a plastic jock and he is of the same mind as me.

Another thing maybe I shouldn't say this but my god a lot of the English supporters dinnae half get right up my nose.

When not if England get put out of the worl cup the roof will be raised in my house.:D

I am only talking about sport and not Englich people I love them must do married 1/2 of one:D:cool:

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 05:18 AM

I'm sorry but I just cannot support any "England" team in any sport they compete in. I just can't.:kiss:

I hate them hate them with a vengance.:eek::blackeye:

Maybe that makes me a bad person :I

Allan is a plastic jock and he is of the same mind as me.

Another thing maybe I shouldn't say this but my god a lot of the English supporters dinnae half get right up my nose.

When not if England get put out of the worl cup the roof will be raised in my house.:D

I am only talking about sport and not Englich people I love them must do married 1/2 of one:D:cool:

Yes you are a bad person :D:p;):p

At least your honest :D;) Plastic Jock:question: I've heard of a plastic Scouser (someone from Southport) never a plastic Jock.

BTW which half is English:question:

Scottie
11th December 2005, 05:21 AM
Paul not sure which part of him is English but half his family are from dovecote Liverpool. He supports liverpool by the way.:D

duncan
11th December 2005, 05:54 AM

Quite right but the papers up here don't carry much on English Football either, usually just a couple of paragraphs at most. Your lucky, can't imagine having a 'England Supporters Bar' up here, can you :question:

You're obviously reading the wrong papers, as several carry decent reports in the Monday pull out section.
Plus, Match of the Day is shown in Scotland, so you can get the highlights from the National Broadcaster.
Throw in Extensive FA cup coverage, even the minnows occasionally get live coverage, and English gets better coverage in Scotland than Scottish football does on TV.

quote:
quote:
As for supporting England in sport, I don't mind them doing well, I won't go out of my way to watch it, nor to avoid it, it's just that I can't live with the press coverage of it. Football is the worst, although the rugby was bad for a while after they won it. I personallt feel that it's the press that wind me up about it more, always going on about 1966 (it's a LONG time ago now, yes you won it, time to move on) and the like.

Archie Gemmill anyone, one bloody goal, not even a cup win and it's still replayed or how about any of the wins over England especially 1967.

Yep, again, that'll be shown in Scotland only, while 1966 gets UK wide airtime.

quote:
quote:
Ian Wright sums it up to me, sulking after the Ireland game when, as a so called professional, he should have been congratulating the home nation on their win.

I'm with you on that one, I doubt he'll be on BBC for a while after that display.

Very much doubt it. He's got his own gameshow, and no doubt under contract to the BBC for a while.

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 07:15 AM

He supports liverpool by the way.:D

I've always liked him :D:D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 07:30 AM
I've stopped buying Sunday papers and use the web instead. I think the Telegraph doesn't print a Scottish version so I used to buy that as it also thats what the Fantasy Football League uses.

I never buy papers during the week as we get them at work.

My Dad complains bitterly that his paper of choice the Mail on Sunday :I doesn't do English sport whenever he comes up.....

Anyway I agree the media is biased but it's not just Scotland it's anywhere North of Luton :evil:that's ignored. Not sure I agree with you about Scottish football coverage though, I think that's more down to contracts than bias.

I will say one thing about 1966, England makes up 84% of the total population of the UK, and the BBC is a national broadcaster so I'm not surprised they mention it a lot considering it is the largest achievement by any UK football nation.

:I

The Dogfather
11th December 2005, 07:31 AM
I doubt you'll see Ian Wr(Sh)ight as a football pundit again, or at least I hope so :p

duncan
11th December 2005, 07:38 AM

I doubt you'll see Ian Wr(Sh)ight as a football pundit again, or at least I hope so :p

Amen to that!

Brushy
12th December 2005, 03:04 AM
OMG look what l've started;)

euan
12th December 2005, 03:51 AM

Oh, so so true....

euan
12th December 2005, 03:55 AM
I should add to my last comment that my other half is English so I'm not against them either! The only thing about that is I've no idea if I'll ever move back to Scotland as my folks are in Aberdeen (which I'm not going back to for work reasons) and I used to be in Edinburgh which I loved, but again for work reasons I'm not sure I can move back. Which means I'm stuck with one bar to watch Aberdeen being ineffective against Dunfermline. Mind you, when the Scotland games are on, the atmosphere is better than ANY bar in Scotland as it's full of Scots getting it all out of the system before hitting the big bad world outside again ;)

Big Col
12th December 2005, 05:36 PM
Replace the English with Black, Catholic or Pakistani and the comments soon become very offensive, but what's the real difference:question: None if you ask me. Now I can take a bit of banter but sometimes it goes too far.

Touchy English swine. :D;):p

The Dogfather
12th December 2005, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Brushy

OMG look what l've started;)

Football Hooligan!:D

indigomatt
12th December 2005, 07:55 PM

1970 - In the quarter finals we lost to W Germany 3-2
1974 - Didn't qualify
1978 - Didn't qualify
1982 - Went out at group stages
1986 - Lost 2-1 to Argentina in the quarter finals. Hand of God :mad:
1990 - Lost to the eventual tournament winners W Germany 4-3 on penalties in the semi final (1-1 after extra time).
1994 - Didn't qualify
1998 - Second Round - Argentina won 4-3 on penalties (2-2 after extra time). Beckham sending off :(Sol Campbell Goal disallowed :mad: Mikey Owen wonder goal :D
2002 - Quarter Finals - Beaten by eventual winners Brazil 2-1. David Seaman screw up :(

You forgot ;) :

20th April 1967 (Wembley) - lost 2-3 to Scotland

...the first game England had lost since becoming World Champions :D

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by indigomatt
You forgot ;) :

...the first game England had lost since becoming World Champions :D[/font=Book Antiqua]

Nope because I was only talking about Englands performance in the World Cup Finals, however I did say that the Scots always bring up 1967 and Arcie Gemmill, so thanks for helping me prove my point ;)

indigomatt
13th December 2005, 12:55 AM

You forgot ;) :

...the first game England had lost since becoming World Champions :D[/font=Book Antiqua]

Nope because I was only talking about Englands performance in the World Cup Finals, however I did say that the Scots always bring up 1967 and Arcie Gemmill, so thanks for helping me prove my point ;)

Sorry, I was born in & brought up in Surrey :D next :p

duncan
13th December 2005, 12:57 AM
Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFWC) ;):p

Scottie
13th December 2005, 01:08 AM

You forgot ;) :

England have done nothing in football appart from 1966 they be aswell not qualifying.

They are always also rans

Wul
13th December 2005, 01:55 AM
Slightly off topic but what about the BBC's tyrade against the Australians last night in the Sports Personality of the Year! Terrible.

Also a full length feature on the England Football Team by Beckham and an interview with Sven - hardly a peep about any other BRITISH football team both domestic and national! All by the BBC!

Burple
13th December 2005, 01:56 AM
quote:
My Dad complains bitterly that his paper of choice the Mail on Sunday :I doesn't do English sport whenever he comes up.....

So does that give us the right to complain bitterly if we go down south and can't find any Scottish sport in the papers? ;):p:D

duncan
13th December 2005, 02:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Slightly off topic but what about the BBC's tyrade against the Australians last night in the Sports Personality of the Year! Terrible.

Also a full length feature on the England Football Team by Beckham and an interview with Sven - hardly a peep about any other BRITISH football team both domestic and national! All by the BBC!

Spot on Wul.

If the BBC can't be impartial when it comes to the Home Nations, then it shouldn't have a National Sports policy.

The sports personality is a joke at the best of times, few of the sports men and women have much of a "personality". Why they don't call it Sports person of the year?

As for this years winner, hardly a surprise was it?
Its just a shame that they didn't focus on how England qualified to play Australia in the Ashes ;)

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

So does that give us the right to complain bitterly if we go down south and can't find any Scottish sport in the papers? ;):p:D

By all means be my guest.:D

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 04:28 AM

Could it because we qualified for the forthcoming world cup and Scotland and Wales didn't :question:

Scottie
13th December 2005, 04:36 AM
[/quote]

Could it because we qualified for the forthcoming world cup and Scotland and Wales didn't :question:
[/quote]

As the Welsh say "the worst part of coming to Scotland is going through England":D:D

you've got to hand it to Wales for thier great 6 Nations Victory:cool:

Oh typical England won the Rugby world cup and have been crap ever since just like their football team.

Ooops sorry off topic.

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 04:39 AM
England have done nothing in football appart from 1966 they be aswell not qualifying.

Nothing :question: I refer to my previous post, we've been in the last 8 on three occassions and the last 4 once, only once have we failed to get past

The list of countries who have won the world cup is huge either:question:

BRAZIL : 5, ITALY : 3, GERMANY : 3, URUGUAY : 2, ARGENTINe : 2, ENGLAND : 1, FRANCE : 1

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 04:41 AM

So do you call yourself English or Scottish :question:

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 04:47 AM

[quote]

As the Welsh say "the worst part of coming to Scotland is going through England":D:D

Oh typical England won the Rugby world cup and have been crap ever since just like their football team.

Ooops sorry off topic.

Fi, off topic and quite insulting :(

BTW it was only three years ago, and the team has been in the process of being rebuilt ever since. We'll be defending champions at the next one, watch and see how we do then.

Scottie
13th December 2005, 04:53 AM

Nothing :question: I refer to my previous post, we've been in the last 8 on three occassions and the last 4 once, only once have we failed to get past

The list of countries who have won the world cup is huge either:question:

BRAZIL : 5, ITALY : 3, GERMANY : 3, URUGUAY : 2, ARGENTINe : 2, ENGLAND : 1, FRANCE : 1

Paul,

So far you have pinned most of your teams ability against the likes of our football Team Scotland.

Like England have done this done that Scotland not qualified etc etc.

You should not pin England aginst the likes of Scotland afterall we are ranked no 100 and whatever !!!

England should be pinned along side the likes of Brazil Italy Holland the agregies etc etc and when you do that your team quite frankly sucks.

IMO your team has had made no real achivements apart from just about done this or that I mean that's not good is it.

Their like Triffle all cream and fruity on top and just soggy sponge,custard and jelly underneath.

Can you no just tell I hate them:I:I Well I'm for afraid to say it.

Bring back Bannockburn that's what I say

"Although the Scots were heavily outnumbered at least three to one, the Scots won
the Battle of Bannockburn (1314), and many of the English were slaughtered"

Oh god I've got it bad.

Scottie
13th December 2005, 04:56 AM

[quote]

Ooops sorry off topic.

Fi, off topic and quite insulting :(

Oh Paul come on we can have our one wee battle of words Scotland via England;):p;) what do you reckon:blackeye::kiss:

p.s. the above was a quote not my words.

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 05:01 AM
Fi doesn't matter who's words they are they are still insulting.

Scottie
13th December 2005, 05:08 AM

Fi doesn't matter who's words they are they are still insulting.

Why?? look at what the Welsh Scottish and Irish have had said about them
by other folks

a lot worse than that we take it on the chin ;):p

It's nothing personal to you :) so you shouldn't take it personal I don't.

It's just like when your coming back from down south and you pass the SCOTTISH sign at Dumfries you say aye great I can breath now;)
east west home is best all that kinda thing does not mean you haven't enjoyed your stay down south.

Wul
13th December 2005, 06:05 AM

Sorry BDM - must have mistaken the programme for Successful English Football Teams and Sportsmen of the year! :p:evil:.......oh and Pele!:clown:

The Dogfather
13th December 2005, 06:25 AM
Sorry BDM - must have mistaken the programme for Successful English Football Teams and Sportsmen of the year! :p:evil:.......oh and Pele!:clown:

Would have been a very short programme without them :evil:;):p:clown:

Big Col
13th December 2005, 04:56 PM
Hmmm...Fi I'm as proud a Scot as anyone and love a bit of sassenach baiting banter with the best of them but even I think your comments are a lil over the line. Saying things like "Bring back Bannockburn" which is an event at which you go on to detail that "many of the English were slaughtered" really is offensive and sounds like the racist diatribe you'd hear from kkk members harking back to the glory days in the deep south. I'm all for a joke but go easy thar tiger. :)

Now after sticking up for not just the English but BDM as well I'm going to go and be sick. :dead:

indigomatt
13th December 2005, 05:09 PM

So do you call yourself English or Scottish :question:

Err...pass :D

Scottie
13th December 2005, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hmmm...Fi I'm as proud a Scot as anyone and love a bit of sassenach baiting banter with the best of them but even I think your comments are a lil over the line. Saying things like "Bring back Bannockburn" which is an event at which you go on to detail that "many of the English were slaughtered" really is offensive and sounds like the racist diatribe you'd hear from kkk members harking back to the glory days in the deep south. I'm all for a joke but go easy thar tiger. :)

Now after sticking up for not just the English but BDM as well I'm going to go and be sick. :dead:

Hey It is all just a bit of devilment;):p. Don't take it too serious.:) Maybe it's my bad sense of humour:I:I

Big Col
13th December 2005, 07:47 PM
Awww well in that case rip into the kilt hating swine. :D

Scottie
13th December 2005, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Awww well in that case rip into the kilt hating swine. :D

phew I thought wait a minuite he's must be lodging with Paul when he moves to Aberdeen :p;):blackeye::D

Burple
16th December 2005, 08:36 PM
Ah well.. so Scotland aren't in the world cup..

but at least when the team DOES get abroad, the local authorities don't need TANKS (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005580313,00.html) to keep the suppoters under control!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :D

Wul
16th December 2005, 08:51 PM
But LnL - that article only pours petrol on the reason we scots are angry! the Headline is "BRITSkrieg" which as we all know is a play on words of Blitzkrieg! However the article is clearly talking about English football fans - so why use the word "BRIT" in the headline.

Grrrrr :mad:

MartinSullivan
16th December 2005, 08:56 PM
Cause EnglishKrieg wouldnt work - as usual the papers dont let the truth affect a good story (or in this case headline)

Wul
16th December 2005, 08:58 PM
Aye true Mart - Gotta make sure there a pun in the headline rather than a fact! :clown:

Burple
16th December 2005, 09:10 PM
But... but.. but..

It's in the SUN!! It *MUST* be true!!!!!;)

The people who run this 'news'paper are the sort guilty of perpetuating all the bad feeling..
Who needs facts when you have ignorance, blinkered vision, and a Union Jack to hide behind?? ;););):D

euan
16th December 2005, 09:31 PM
Sports Personality was rubbish. I mean, the England cricket team didn't even win the series, they drew. And what's happened since? They've got humped in Pakistan. Ellen Macarther should have won it.

As for the England rugby team, yes, they are rebuilding but for a team of that supposed stature, surely they shouldn't be that bad while rebuilding. With the world cup just over a year away, they won't turn it around in that time. Wales have a cracking chance of doing really well (don't think they'll win though).