PDA

View Full Version : Xmas "Meat" Up

Crombers
9th December 2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone fancy a we meet up Tuesday 27/12. Plans are to meet up Stirling Services (10.30ish) , go for a wee drive somewhere nice (11.00am) for a bite & then drive back (simple as) :D

**** UPDATE 19/12 ****
Recce completed on Saturday (thanks again CraigD) and if we get the same weather it will be SUUUUPERB. All roads are A-class and as such are salted in poor conditions (so no veering off into the unknown). We are stopping for coffee/tea just after Lochernhead. Unfortunately nothing will be open (& if it's raining we're all buggered !!) but the scenery is cool so bring your own flasks folks (spare selection boxes would also be a welcome addition :D).
Lunch will be at the Drovers Restaurant in the Crief Visitor Centre and is a "counter service" style establishment. It caters for all appetites from a full blown 3-course meal to a baked potato or a sarny (so the choice is all yours). There is also a kids menu for Kerr as well :approve:. Attached is also a Garden Centre and kids play area for me CraigD & Kerr :D !!

*** RUN NOTES AVAILABLE HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/xmas%20meet%20up.pdf).***

Runners (& riders) so far = 12 MINI's
1 & 2 Crombers (& guest ;) co-pilot)
3 & 4 Mr Mrs & CraigD
5 Duncan
6 & 7 AndyP & Lenore
8 & 9 Weefozzy (now lookin good) & Mum (she would'ny miss out)
10 & 11 sara and craig
12 & 13 low n lound1 (plus one)
14 Charlie Croaker
15 & 16 Mr & Mrs Duncan Stewart (assuming Helen is comin too)
17 18 & 19 Jason Lesley & Kerr
20 Elfman
21 & 22 Mrs & Mr ScottieCoop

P.S. I've taken plenty copies of Run Notes so no need to all go to print.

Scottie
9th December 2005, 11:21 PM
I'm working :(:(

Gismo
9th December 2005, 11:28 PM
Ooh, a possible festive run resurrection :p sadly i'm expecting to be offshore for crimbo :disapprove: bah humbug

N12 JLK
9th December 2005, 11:58 PM
Back to work on Wed,Thurs,Fri of that week :(

Craig
10th December 2005, 02:23 AM
I can do the wed, but back at work thu/fri of that week :(:(

let me know if you change the date though...;)

duncan
10th December 2005, 02:31 AM
I should be off till the 2nd :D

The Dogfather
10th December 2005, 03:13 AM
I'll be down South, sorry :I

Duncan Stewart
10th December 2005, 04:16 AM
Not available between Christmas & New Year :(. How about after new year (Wed or Thurs?) any one available then?

weefossy
10th December 2005, 06:32 AM
Crombers, sounds a good idea ,depends on the date.

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2005, 08:41 AM
We could do Tuesday 27th. Busy the 28th and back to work on the 29th.

saraandcraig
12th December 2005, 12:38 AM
27th would be good for us but we can be flexible

AndyP & Lenore
12th December 2005, 04:39 AM
Crombers, I guess you'll be back to work (and therefore at a PC) on Monday morning.

Really keen on the "meat" if it can be the 27th.

BTW, is it no time ya got yersell a PC at home?;) Seem to remember CraigD saying he would sort it all out for you. Not sure if that included buying it though.;):D;)

Crombers
12th December 2005, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Crombers, I guess you'll be back to work (and therefore at a PC) on Monday morning.

Really keen on the "meat" if it can be the 27th.

BTW, is it no time ya got yersell a PC at home?;) Seem to remember CraigD saying he would sort it all out for you. Not sure if that included buying it though.;):D;)

Hopefully be rigged up in the near future & CraigD will be the main man. Right now I sit at a PC all day so it helps pass the time ;) <aint that right boss> :D.

27th would seem to be favourite & the meet up place can always be amended to suit attendees :approve:

Now all I need to do is set up a list of runners & riders at the start of ma topic (now where do we start :clown:) & seein as how I am so PC literate this could be fun :I

Burple
12th December 2005, 09:57 PM
I might well be up for this as a first run for my new toy!
But... it depends on family stuff and the date etc etc.. hmph.

Put me down as a 'maybe' please!!! :D:D:D:D

Craig
13th December 2005, 02:32 AM
yep, I can do the 27th, stick me and her indoors down for this one. :D:D:D

Wee Dougal is in getting his new exhaust tommorrow, so if the weather is kind, he may make an outing. You'll love to see it out I'm sure crombers, but as for that AndyP, he's a classic mini hater :eek::blackeye::p:D

phantom
13th December 2005, 05:10 AM
Sorry I will be in Sheffield again. :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2005, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

You'll love to see it out I'm sure crombers, but as for that AndyP, he's a classic mini hater :eek::blackeye::p:D

Not at all.:D I like the classic. Honest. But at the next meal we need to make sure you and Duncan Stewart are at opposite ends of the table.;);)

Craig
13th December 2005, 04:37 PM
LOL :D:D:D

Burple
13th December 2005, 07:48 PM
quote:
Not at all.:D I like the classic. Honest. But at the next meal we need to make sure you and Duncan Stewart are at opposite ends of the table.;);)

:D:D:D:D:D
Well yer better put me at the 'other' opposite end from them both too! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crombers
13th December 2005, 09:26 PM
The "classic" mob eh , what are they like ;)

Smurf
14th December 2005, 01:05 AM
Stop it..... ;)

james f
14th December 2005, 07:16 AM
yes please sounds good

Duncan Stewart
15th December 2005, 04:40 PM
[Not at all.:D I like the classic. Honest. But at the next meal we need to make sure you and Duncan Stewart are at opposite ends of the table.;);)

:D:p

OK. Might be able to make 27th. I'd hate to miss a run ;):D

Crombers
15th December 2005, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by charlie croaker

yes please sounds good

Welcome aboard CC ;):approve:

Crombers
15th December 2005, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

[Not at all.:D I like the classic. Honest. But at the next meal we need to make sure you and Duncan Stewart are at opposite ends of the table.;);)

:D:p

OK. Might be able to make 27th. I'd hate to miss a run ;):D

That's the stuff(ing) Duncan , now added to the list ;):approve:

Burple
15th December 2005, 07:38 PM
Can you add a 'Plus One' to my name too please??

ta :D:D:D:D:D

Wul
15th December 2005, 09:38 PM
you feeling hungry again LnL - eating for two!! :p;)

Burple
15th December 2005, 09:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

you feeling hungry again LnL - eating for two!! :p;)

Yup.. these christmas meals just don't go as far as they used to ;):D:D:p

weefossy
16th December 2005, 12:31 AM
27th seems a sensible date, but we will still have "the olds" with us. I am sure we can make it though, with at least one car. Is there not a previous "winter" friendly run we could use?

N12 JLK
16th December 2005, 12:39 AM
Crombers put Jason ,Lesley and Kerr down for this ,good thats its on the Tuesday as back to work the next day look forward to it!!:D:D

Crombers
16th December 2005, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

27th seems a sensible date, but we will still have "the olds" with us. I am sure we can make it though, with at least one car. Is there not a previous "winter" friendly run we could use?

Yup there is sir ;). Had a word with CraigD & we are gonna do a recce on Saturday beginning Stirling ending Crieff (for eats) on roads we have used before. See beginning of thread for update :cool:

Crombers
16th December 2005, 12:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Crombers put Jason ,Lesley and Kerr down for this ,good thats its on the Tuesday as back to work the next day look forward to it!!:D:D

Good stuff , names now added ;)

Duncan Stewart
16th December 2005, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers
14 & 15 Duncan Stewart (assuming Helen is comin too)

Yup.
Confirmed we will both be attending
Cheers :D

Neil and Lorna
17th December 2005, 01:54 AM
Sorry Allan we will be working on that day.:(:(

Have a good one though.:D

Neil and Lorna.:)

Craig
18th December 2005, 04:31 AM
That's the recce now done, will be a total of about 85 miles from Stirling for your info. Restaurant booking sorted also. Crombers will have more info on Monday...;) (you need to get that PC for the house ordered.....;))

Mini Me
18th December 2005, 10:37 PM
if you can swing by Menzies and abduct me ,i would love to come :p

Craig
18th December 2005, 11:07 PM
just take another one of those infamous "sickies"

Mini Me
19th December 2005, 12:04 AM

just take another one of those infamous "sickies"

Oi, watch it......your on thin ice ;):D

N12 JLK
19th December 2005, 04:58 AM
come on someone from Menzies should attend havnt seen anyone for ages:)

Crombers
19th December 2005, 05:58 PM

come on someone from Menzies should attend havnt seen anyone for ages:)

Clare has been invited but it all depends on her "clubbing" schedule ;). Mr Brown will unfortunatley be working but we'll maybe all pay him a wee visit :p:kiss:

Crombers
19th December 2005, 06:02 PM

That's the recce now done, will be a total of about 85 miles from Stirling for your info. Restaurant booking sorted also. Crombers will have more info on Monday...;) (you need to get that PC for the house ordered.....;))

Your right sir will need to sort out ma PC soon.

Thanks again for all your help today & will hopefully have the Run Notes available on Wednesday (1/2 day today & off all day tomorrow - need to get rid of ma spare days before Xmas :))

Crombers
19th December 2005, 10:49 PM

Anyone fancy a we meet up over the Xmas hols. Plans are to meet up Stirling Services 10.30am for an 11am start , go for a wee drive (run notes TBA) for a bite & then drive back (simple as) :D

**** UPDATE 19/12 ****
Recce completed on Saturday (thanks again Craig) and if we get the same weather it will be SUUUUPERB. All roads are A class and as such are salted in poor conditions (so no veering off into the unknown). We are stopping for coffee/tea just after Lochernhead. Unfortunately nothing will be open (& if it's raining we're all buggered !!) but the scenery is cool so bring your own flasks folks (spare selection boxes would also be a welcome addition :D).
Lunch will be at the Drovers Restaurant in the Crief Visitor Centre and is a "counter service" style establishment. It caters for all appetites from a full blown 3-course meal to a baked potato. There is also a kids menu for Kerr as well :approve:. Attached is also a Garden Centre and kids play area for me Craig & Kerr :D !!

*** RUN NOTES WILL ALSO BE POSTED IN A WEE BIT ***

Runners (& riders) so far = 10 MINI's
3 & 4 Mr Mrs & Craig D
5 Duncan
6 & 7 AndyP & Lenore
10 & 11 sara and craig
14 Charlie Croaker
15 & 16 Duncan Stewart (assuming Helen is comin too)

come on (& y'know who you are) lets be havin you (stolen from Delia :p)

GAJ
20th December 2005, 02:13 AM
Directions now available here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/xmas%20meet%20up.pdf):)

AndyP & Lenore
20th December 2005, 05:00 AM
D'ya think if we all concentrate hard enough we can arrange some pretty snow coverings for the hills and mountain-tops. Not the roads, obviously. But Santa is bringing me a nice shiny Canon EOS 350D Digital camera :D:D so it would be nice to get some picturesque pics of snowy scenes.

A.

N12 JLK
20th December 2005, 05:30 AM
Oh canny wait looking forward to this run , Lets hope nobody spews this time or injures themself!!
Anyone getting any additions for there mini's for xmas to show off on the run:question:

AndyP & Lenore
20th December 2005, 06:11 AM

Oh canny wait looking forward to this run , Lets hope nobody spews this time or injures themself!!
Anyone getting any additions for there mini's for xmas to show off on the run:question:

I am thinking of getting a RoadPilot MicroGo (speed camera detector), but Andrew is not that bothered so I need to try and persuade him.:D

L

Craig
20th December 2005, 07:03 AM
hope there is snow (on the hills that is...);)

not getting anything for knottie for xmas, as most of the money recently has been spent on dougal :disapprove:

BUT, you never know what next year might bring!:D:D:D

Lenore, you wouldn't need a Road Pilot if you didn't drive at warp speed everywhere!!;)

AndyP & Lenore
20th December 2005, 08:31 AM
Lenore, you wouldn't need a Road Pilot if you didn't drive at warp speed everywhere!!;)

Watch it Mr D!;). It's not too late for me to have a word with Santa and make sure you get no gifts.:eek::D

Craig
20th December 2005, 04:22 PM
LOL!:D:D:D

Burple
20th December 2005, 07:08 PM

Yes.... A NEW MINI!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

N12 JLK
21st December 2005, 06:48 AM
what kind:question::p

john
21st December 2005, 07:10 AM
What time of day would it start?

N12 JLK
21st December 2005, 07:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Go to page one and all will be revealed

Scottie
21st December 2005, 07:29 AM

really where cause i cannae find it:):p

AndyP & Lenore
21st December 2005, 08:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

The times are shown in the route notes, which are available for download here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/xmas%20meet%20up.pdf)

A.

john
21st December 2005, 10:03 AM

The times are shown in the route notes, which are available for download here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/xmas%20meet%20up.pdf)

A.

so NOT on page one then:D

Craig
21st December 2005, 04:34 PM
Just to clarify....;)

Meet at Stirling Services @ 10:30hrs, leaving at 11:00hrs.

Lunch in Crieff at approx 13:00hrs.

Arrive back at Stirling Services at approx 15:30hrs.

This means that most people should be able to get most of their driving done in the daylight.:D:D

Burple
21st December 2005, 07:30 PM

what kind:question::p

A nice shiny BEP One, with lots of toys!!
(some of which *might* be on the car for then!) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ELFMAN
22nd December 2005, 01:05 AM
I'd like to go! Put me down as a 'possible' just now, there are a few work-type variables to contend with - I'll also see if I can get my trusty co-pilot to go too - wife-permitting.

My computer at home is playing up, so I'm having bother keeping track of everything!

N12 JLK
22nd December 2005, 01:08 AM

as at the top of page one - Crombers writing not mine,
Anyone fancy a we meet up Tuesday 27/12. Plans are to meet up Stirling Services (10.30ish) , go for a wee drive somewhere nice (11.00am) for a bite & then drive back (simple as)

Crombers
22nd December 2005, 01:16 AM

Anyone fancy a we meet up Tuesday 27/12. Plans are to meet up Stirling Services (10.30ish) , go for a wee drive somewhere nice (11.00am) for a bite & then drive back (simple as) :D

**** UPDATE 19/12 ****
Recce completed on Saturday (thanks again CraigD) and if we get the same weather it will be SUUUUPERB. All roads are A-class and as such are salted in poor conditions (so no veering off into the unknown). We are stopping for coffee/tea just after Lochernhead. Unfortunately nothing will be open (& if it's raining we're all buggered !!) but the scenery is cool so bring your own flasks folks (spare selection boxes would also be a welcome addition :D).
Lunch will be at the Drovers Restaurant in the Crief Visitor Centre and is a "counter service" style establishment. It caters for all appetites from a full blown 3-course meal to a baked potato or a sarny (so the choice is all yours). There is also a kids menu for Kerr as well :approve:. Attached is also a Garden Centre and kids play area for me CraigD & Kerr :D !!

3 & 4 Mr Mrs & Craig D
5 Duncan
6 & 7 AndyP & Lenore
10 & 11 sara and craig
14 Charlie Croaker
20 & 21 Elfman & Co Pilot (maybe / hopefully)

Crombers
22nd December 2005, 01:17 AM

**** UPDATE 19/12 ****

3 & 4 Mr Mrs & Craig D
5 Duncan
6 & 7 AndyP & Lenore
10 & 11 sara and craig
14 Charlie Croaker
20 & 21 Elfman & co pilot (hopefully)

N12 JLK
22nd December 2005, 05:00 AM
11 mini's now:)

Crombers
22nd December 2005, 06:11 PM

11 mini's now:)

Oops , sorted ;)

N12 JLK
23rd December 2005, 05:27 AM
not long to go now to run, mmm what shall i bring for scoffs!!

1= flask of tomatoe soup (Kerr):approve:
2= flask of italian veg, (Les, Jason):p
3= Pringles (cheese and onion):eek:
4= vast amount of chocolate from selection boxs:):)
5= sports mixture (remember them!!):cool:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2005, 07:20 AM
Cold bacon sarnies with a drop of tomato sauce. MMMMMmmmmmmmm. ;)

N12 JLK
23rd December 2005, 07:23 AM

ahh is the bacon crispy:question:, if so 2 rounds for me then!

Craig
23rd December 2005, 07:25 AM
stop talking aboot food - I'm starving!!;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2005, 07:31 AM

Oh yes. Crispy. Not burnt. Not rock hard. And definitely not soggy. Just crispy enough to crumble when eaten, yet packed full of flavour with a slightly salty edge. And of course, it HAS to be Heinz ketchup. Everything else pales into insignificance. All trapped between two layers of lovely soft fresh Warburtons white bread with a generous spreading of Lurpack butter. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.... :D:D:D

Sorry, Craig.... what were you saying there mate?;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2005, 07:34 AM
Or maybe a nice slice of breaded gammon, with crispy iceberg lettuce, slices of fresh tomatoes, and a couple of slices of Baxter's hand-picked pickled beetroots in sweet vinegar, all sandwiched between two layers of Warbur....... you get the message....;):D;):D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2005, 07:35 AM
Tunnock's caramel wafer to finish.;)

Crombers
23rd December 2005, 05:54 PM

Oh yes. Crispy. Not burnt. Not rock hard. And definitely not soggy. Just crispy enough to crumble when eaten, yet packed full of flavour with a slightly salty edge. And of course, it HAS to be Heinz ketchup. Everything else pales into insignificance. All trapped between two layers of lovely soft fresh Warburtons white bread with a generous spreading of Lurpack butter. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.... :D:D:D

Sorry, Craig.... what were you saying there mate?;)

I'll have one of these please :D

weefossy
23rd December 2005, 10:09 PM
What happened to "Potted Meat" or "corned beef" ??

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2005, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

What happened to "Potted Meat" or "corned beef" ??

Bit boring isn't it?

Burple
24th December 2005, 04:59 AM

Or maybe a nice slice of breaded gammon, with crispy iceberg lettuce, slices of fresh tomatoes, and a couple of slices of Baxter's hand-picked pickled beetroots in sweet vinegar, all sandwiched between two layers of Warbur....... you get the message....;):D;):D

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhh.. stoppit!! Please!!
My Dinners on and it's still got 20 mins to go!!
<rumble>

..all my adventures have made me hungry today! :D:D

Scottie
24th December 2005, 06:13 AM
Can our name be added to the list please.

Just asked SWMBO my mum for permission to attend she is staying with us for Christmas:) Only thing is I have the flu well the cold;) but hopefully it won't get to bad and we should make the run. Crombers we will be travelling down from Inverness to meet you guys @ Stirling I will phone Craig if we are held up on route for any reason. What's the time again for Stirling (not got my glasses on cannae read everything):I:I

N12 JLK
24th December 2005, 06:30 AM
splendid 12 minis now

N12 JLK
24th December 2005, 06:33 AM
mmm all this food talk, i can see the new year diet far enough:(, just cant stop nibbling at food.

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon rolls, your a bu**er Andy thats all I can think about till I make one:)

Mini Me
24th December 2005, 06:40 AM
this post makes me sad:disapprove::disapprove::(:(
But you could all come in and see me on the way and buy new car's

MINIME all better ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;);););)

N12 JLK
25th December 2005, 04:50 AM
ma cars only 6 months old;)

Scottie
25th December 2005, 05:55 AM

Can our name be added to the list please.

Just asked SWMBO my mum for permission to attend she is staying with us for Christmas:) Only thing is I have the flu well the cold;) but hopefully it won't get to bad and we should make the run. Crombers we will be travelling down from Inverness to meet you guys @ Stirling I will phone Craig if we are held up on route for any reason. What's the time again for Stirling (not got my glasses on cannae read everything):I:I

my name has no been added to the list yet???:(:(:p;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th December 2005, 09:51 AM
my name has no been added to the list yet???:(:(:p;)

Fi, Crombers doesn't have a PC at home yet. And I doubt he'll have been in the office since you posted your message saying you were coming.

A.

Craig
25th December 2005, 06:14 PM
It's Ok Fiona, we won't forget about you...:D

Crombers should be on today or tommorrow, he will have access to a PC.;)

Scottie
26th December 2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks guys forgot Crombers did not have access to a pc :I:I.

I am so looking forward to this run now.

between today & tomorrow i will be bored out my skull.:):)

AndyP & Lenore
26th December 2005, 10:38 AM

Thanks guys forgot Crombers did not have access to a pc :I:I.

I am so looking forward to this run now.

between today & tomorrow i will be bored out my skull.:):)

Which car you bringing Fi? ;)

ELFMAN
26th December 2005, 02:00 PM
We're now confirmed for the run. Bill's wife wants some peace! See you on Tuesday.

ELFMAN
26th December 2005, 08:31 PM
So much for my early morning enthusiasm! Bill & Mary now have an incredibly sick pet cat on their hands - so it's just ME on me own tomorrow....

Still, should help the power to weight ratio after the Christmas Dinner!

C'est La Vie..... A Bientot, mes Amies!

Crombers
26th December 2005, 09:38 PM
OK peeps here am ur. Hope everyone had a fab Xmas day & having a relaxing Boxing one right noo. Firstly Fi , your name will be posted to page 1 as soon as I,ve finished this little ditty (coming all the way down from Inverness - what a good girl :approve:). Secondly we have altered the route a tad towards the end as me & CraigD reckon we should ALL pay MrB a we visit to wish him a Happy Cribmle & cheer him all up (& if anyone is toying with the idea of tinkering with their loved one ........... now now :I your MINI folks ;)) then I,m sure he'll have just the wee booklet to allow your to spend some of that Santa money bursting oot yer pockets. If on the other hand you wish to go the full nine yards , I,m sure he can fix that too :p;)

See ya all 10.30 for an 11am start , all bright & breezy :)

saraandcraig
27th December 2005, 01:05 AM
hi folks, hope you all had a fab Christmas. slight confusion as to where the Stirlin services are. Can any one give me a clue please...? see y'all in the morning.

S.

Craig
27th December 2005, 01:59 AM
If your coming up from edinburgh, just head up the M9 towards Stirling/Perth and come off at junction 9 (signposted as Stirling).

Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout (signposted as Services). Also known as "MOTO"

any probs, give me a ring - I'll PM you with my mobile number.:D:D

See you tommorrow.;)

duncan
27th December 2005, 02:01 AM
The Services are Here! (http://www.moto-way.com/page.cfm?Section=2&location=34&Category=Home)

If your coming from the south, i'd imagine you'll come via the M9 from Edinburgh.
Basically, you follow the M9 until it joins with the M80, south of Stirling, and thats where the services are.

AndyP & Lenore
27th December 2005, 02:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

hi folks, hope you all had a fab Christmas. slight confusion as to where the Stirlin services are. Can any one give me a clue please...? see y'all in the morning.

S.

If you get lost just give us a call and we will meet you somewhere and you can follow us.

saraandcraig
27th December 2005, 05:22 AM
cheers folks that's great, i'm sure i'll survive now. just wont ask craig to help or he'll have us at Glasgow!!!

S.

Craig
27th December 2005, 07:24 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:(:(

Craig
27th December 2005, 07:28 AM
just checked the forecast and it looks like it will be a cold one, but, nice and clear..... thermals and woolie hats required....;)

see you all in the morning..:D:D

james f
27th December 2005, 11:07 AM
sorry am going to have to bail on this

Craig
27th December 2005, 05:54 PM
no probs Charlie, hope to see you on the next run/meet...;)

weefossy
27th December 2005, 06:04 PM
Sorry Guys, but neither Neil or I are going to able to make today's run. There is a problem with the sale of the house down in Stafford and we both need to head down there.
It's a real pain as we were looking forward to the run and I don't like pulling out at the last minute. Have a great day and I hope the roads are clear and dry.

N12 JLK
28th December 2005, 01:22 AM
Ahh first to post , well all I can say what a great day we all really enjoyed it even yes after Kerr spewed again!. Snowy start, tomato soup, biscuits, Pringles, some daft git in a Stetson. Big thanks to the organisers see you all soon again.

Oh ps Sarah, Kerr wants to know if you want to go to the pictures some time on a date!!!:)
Elfman your chrome ariel looks cool;) and Duncan, Kerr wants to change the speck on his mini you were flogging him in Menzies:D:D

Craig
28th December 2005, 02:15 AM
Great day out again!:D Good to catch up with everyone..

thanks to Crombers for organising the run, and for putting up with my sister-in-law as a co-pilot;) she wants to know when the next run is :eek::p:D

Elfman - hope you got home ok after your "detour"..

Hope everyone has a good New Year and see you all again soon.
:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2005, 02:43 AM
Great day. Good to see everyone again. Big thanks to Crombers and CraigD for organising the run.:D Hope Kerr's chips stayed down ok.;)

Elfman - if you want we can always take your Playmini exhaust and manifold off your hands, just give us a shout.;):D;):eek::D

Drove through some snow on the way down and it is still snowing now.

Hope Sara and Craig got home ok:question:

Hope everyone has a great New Year.:D

ELFMAN
28th December 2005, 02:52 AM
Well done Crombers! That was just about the most fun you can have on grotty roads at this time of year - without Cameron Diaz. Thanks Santa, what was the point of that letter I sent? Useless.

I DID get home, Craig (the good shepherd who helps lost sheep - so I was supposed to follow the RED MINI and followed the BLUE one.... a mistake any numpty can make!). Thanks.

Ta for the shiny new chrome ariel Lesley, very thoughtful of you both. Hope wee Kerr's stomach is OK for the rest of the week.

Once again, just goes to show that all you need is a MINI, some like-minded folks, some good roads and you're sorted. Now if BMW could only come up with the “Self-Cleaning MINI”.... or at least self-generating windscreen washer fluid.

Cheers, Have a good New Year when it comes. I'm off to Email Santa a picture of Ms. Diaz so he gets it right next year. Drive Safely Y'all! (but that doesn't mean quietly).

ELFMAN
28th December 2005, 03:01 AM
Andy & Lenore, the exhuast's staying right where it is! Why not give those nice chaps at Playmini a shout - they're very helpful.... and you'll NEVER have pedestrians step off the pavement without looking.

It can give folks a bit of a fright when you overtake them though - but at least they check their mirrors to see what the terrible racket is instead of just pulling out in front of you. See? It IS a SAFETY FEATURE!

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2005, 03:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Andy & Lenore, the exhuast's staying right where it is! Why not give those nice chaps at Playmini a shout - they're very helpful.... and you'll NEVER have pedestrians step off the pavement without looking.

It can give folks a bit of a fright when you overtake them though - but at least they check their mirrors to see what the terrible racket is instead of just pulling out in front of you. See? It IS a SAFETY FEATURE!

Well if its a safety feature then we really should look into it.:D;):D

Burple
28th December 2005, 03:43 AM
Hey guys!

Home safe and sound (via a quick Jetwash - Spray only! :D)

Cheers to Crombers and all involved in organising yet another fun day out! That lentil soup was ace! :D

Car feels much better now after only about 350 miles :D:cool:

Ellie had fun, and wants a ride on that huge dog! :D

p.s... Anyone get a good look at those two sheep that were on the road? If you're squeamish stop reading! One of them looked like something car shaped had hit it, one of it's horns were broken and hanging off :dead: Looked very recent too :( Just glad it wasn't any of us!

Duncan Stewart
28th December 2005, 04:12 AM
:D Another Great NMS day out :D Thanks Crombers & everyone else who was there.
Only downside was the A9 was closed on way back! not snow but an accident :(
Hope Alan & Fiona got home OK.

saraandcraig
28th December 2005, 05:11 AM
hey there folks, what a fab day, was great to see every one again and to meet some new folk. thanks very much.

kerr, i'd love to go to the pictures wi you some time, i hear the UCI is really nice (only joking Andy P). what a fab little chap Kerr is.

Hope y'all have a great new year and we'll see you in Feb for our next MINI adventure.

S. x

john
28th December 2005, 06:08 AM
Well cheers everyone involved:)

That was my new mini's first run and my first run for a while;)

I enjoyed it so much I went home via the Cairn'o'mount in the snow:D

Scottie
28th December 2005, 06:24 AM
Great run but what a AWFUL end to the day got stuck in the Q due to A9 closed re accident took us five hours to get home via Laggan Newtonmore, Kingussie. Then another accident at Carrbridge and way to icy roads.:(:( Our Mini's are manky:D

Scottie
28th December 2005, 06:58 AM
the only two pics I took today:(

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/DSC_0106.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/DSC_0105.jpg

ELFMAN
28th December 2005, 07:04 AM
Scottiecoop - Glad you guys got home safe & sound - even if it did take ages! See you all in 2006!

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2005, 07:27 AM
Here's the two pics I took. Brand spanking new camera and I only managed to take two crap photies. Never mind. the MINI's were all too dirty anyway. Not exactly photogenic just now.

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/xmas_meat_05sml0001.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/xmas_meat_05sml0004.JPG

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2005, 11:07 PM
Lenore and I were just thinking.....

At Tuesday's meet there was:

2 X Allan's
2 X Craig's
2 X Duncan's
2 X Euan's/Ewan's
but only four other different male names.

What's the chances of that.

And if Bonnie Scotland had gone, that would have been another Allan. And if Gill Euan and Jamie had come that would have been yet another Euan.....

Something about MINI's maybe????;)

Craig
28th December 2005, 11:52 PM
you need to get back to work, you are just not busy enough..;)

Neil and Lorna
29th December 2005, 12:00 AM
Thank your lucky stars theres only 1 Andyp & Lenore.
Anymore and the world just wouldn't cope.;);)

Neil

Crombers
29th December 2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks to all who managed along especially those from afar for such a short run. Good to see everyone again & sorry for those that took aaaaagggggeeeeessss to get home :(. Thanks also to Iain (minmee) for inviting us to his showroom at the end of the run ;).

duncan
29th December 2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah, thanks for that run.
Needed something to get out after the excesses of Christmas!

weefossy
30th December 2005, 07:33 AM
Really pleased you guys had a great run. Sorry again that we had to pull out. Neil and I drove back from Stafford late last night and it was -8c at Beattock. Don't think I've driven in anything lower than that! Luckily the roads were clear. Hopefully we'll see everyone on the next run. Happy New Year to all.

ELFMAN
30th December 2005, 09:29 AM
My car's been FROZEN since I got back - now it's covered in SNOW. At least I can't see how manky it is....

Does it bug anyone else having a clatty MINI, or am I just off my head? My 'non-MINI' friends think I'm insane when I tell them I can actually hear the salt munching away at the car when I haven't washed it. Right, time for my medication.

Have a Happy New Year everybody!

AndyP & Lenore
30th December 2005, 09:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

My car's been FROZEN since I got back - now it's covered in SNOW. At least I can't see how manky it is....

Does it bug anyone else having a clatty MINI, or am I just off my head? My 'non-MINI' friends think I'm insane when I tell them I can actually hear the salt munching away at the car when I haven't washed it. Right, time for my medication.

Have a Happy New Year everybody!

You're not off your head. We think our Mini looks sad and depressed when it's dirty. But after a good wash, diamonbrite treatment and a nice shammy dry, it's like it's bouncing on the driveway asking to be taken for a spin, with a huge grin on it's face.:D

Got any spare medication:question:;)

Scottie
30th December 2005, 05:47 PM
dinne even go there. Our Minis are AWFUL just AWFUL. Tried to talk Allan into taking the bucket out yesterday to wash them cause the Hose is Frozen. He just looked at me it was only -7c at the time:I Hopefully though they will get a bath tomorrow.:D

john
30th December 2005, 09:18 PM
Off to wash my car soon in the rain;):D

Gismo
30th December 2005, 09:59 PM

Saw it today, absolutely filthy ;)

john
30th December 2005, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Saw it today, absolutely filthy ;)

No spotless again:cool:

ELFMAN
2nd January 2006, 08:44 PM
AHA!!! If I AM mad, at least I'm not alone!!! Got it washed, then went to take some photos of it in the frost at a local scenic area.

Do you think we could get a 'Club Discount' on therapy? Come to think of it, NMS IS THERAPY!