PDA

View Full Version : Broken door mirror

kamza
9th December 2005, 09:26 PM
Hi All

My first post here and hoping for some help/advice please.

The offside door mirror's been hit by someone passing the car and the only thing that's holding it onto the bracket now is the cable feeding the electrics. :mad:

Took it to Henry Bros in Glasgow and unbelievely they want £105+VAT for the replacing and fitting a new door mirror. Seems a bit drastic to me...anyone else suffered the same problem? Apart from a main Mini dealer, anyone know if anywhere else in Glasgiow I can get the work done?

This is the last thing I need at this time of year :(

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Gismo
9th December 2005, 10:25 PM
Sorry to see your first post is like this, the price is quite fair to be honest, especially if it includes labour, cheapest option is a second hand unit from a breaker and do it yourself

Crombers
9th December 2005, 10:42 PM
Agree with BS , sorry to hear your plight but £ sounds right to me.
Go say hi to everyone on the "introduce yourself" forum & see the "Meets" forum to introduce yourself in person :approve:

kamza
10th December 2005, 02:06 AM
cheers guys...

mikeythemini
10th December 2005, 03:55 AM
It the plastic cover ok & glass??
If so I think I have some second hand mirror frames at work - these are not the electric folding ones

kamza
10th December 2005, 06:11 AM
both plastic cover and the glass are fine mikey and no, it's not the electric folding ones....

MartinSullivan
10th December 2005, 09:17 PM
Give Chris at www.newminiparts.co.uk a shout on 0161-761-1615 ,its a mini only breakers yard heaven - sure he will be able to sort out a second hand unit for you at a reasonable price.

kamza
11th December 2005, 07:53 AM
Nice one Martin...I'll give Chris a call on Monday.