PDA

View Full Version : I'm off

Starky
7th December 2005, 11:03 PM
Sadly, it's time to say goodbye to you all, I've really enjoyed the runs (too few) and meeting with such a nice, helpful bunch of folks, just sorry I couldn't meet you all and due to some personal sh!t had to cancel a few runs last year. Anyway, on a brighter note, I would like to wish you all the very best for the coming year and hope you all have a lovely xmas. Cheers guys. :)

p.s. if any of you are looking for a wee stocking filler, I've still got a few wee bits off the mini and I'll cover the postage. :D

MartinSullivan
7th December 2005, 11:05 PM
Cheers Starky - you are still welcome to loiter around if you get bored ;) All the best for the future

bpirie1000
7th December 2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry To Hear your Off Where you going???

Not Far I hope You Know your Always WElcome to Come back in and Visit Any time..

Always a warm welcome in NMS..

All teh best to you for 2006..

And Hope santa is good to you..

Cheers Brian

Starky
8th December 2005, 12:10 AM
Cheers Martin & Brian, might just stick my nose in now and again, this site's a mine of useful info., John. :D

Wul
8th December 2005, 01:25 AM
Starky - even us shed drivers are welcome in here.....most of the time! LOL! :clown:

Dinnae be a stranger!

Craig
8th December 2005, 02:09 AM
sad to see another one go.

all the best Starky - let us know what your selling........ there is always a deal to be had ;)

Starky
8th December 2005, 03:17 AM
What's a "shed driver" Wul?, if it's a 4x4 you've hit the nail on the head. Craig, I've got some items already in the for sale section, hopefully they'll go to another loving Mini owner. Yes it's sad but I just got tired of the SS+'s bone jarring ride with the 17" rims and road noise, in a nutshell...I'm just getting older and looking for a little bit more {creature comfort wise} thanks for all the good wishes. :D

Wul
8th December 2005, 04:41 AM
Starky - my own "shed" is a diesel mondeo - but a 4x4 would fit in there too! ;)

ny152
8th December 2005, 06:58 AM
Hello John
Sorry to see you leave the fold (but wasn't the MINI meant to be your missus car anyway?) ;).

Allen.

monkimagic
8th December 2005, 10:17 AM
Good luck mate, thanx for the kind message

Monki

Big Col
8th December 2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah take care mate and pop your head in here from time to time.

euan
8th December 2005, 06:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

Yes it's sad but I just got tired of the SS+'s bone jarring ride with the 17" rims and road noise, in a nutshell...I'm just getting older and looking for a little bit more {creature comfort wise} :D

That is exactly why I got rid of mine, the ride was killing my back on longer journeys.

Anyway, good luck!

Smurf
8th December 2005, 07:02 PM
Did either of you try 16" wheels?
The ride is MUCH better IMHO.

Cheaper than changing your car too!

monkimagic
9th December 2005, 01:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Yes it's sad but I just got tired of the SS+'s bone jarring ride with the 17" rims and road noise, in a nutshell...I'm just getting older and looking for a little bit more {creature comfort wise} :D

That is exactly why I got rid of mine, the ride was killing my back on longer journeys.

Anyway, good luck!

Grumpy old men ;) in Grumpy old cars :blackeye:

Starky
9th December 2005, 02:27 AM
quote:

:D

Starky
9th December 2005, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

Hello John
Sorry to see you leave the fold (but wasn't the MINI meant to be your missus car anyway?) ;).

Allen.

Yep, "meant to be" being the operative words Allen. :eek::p:D:D

Starky
9th December 2005, 02:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Did either of you try 16" wheels?
The ride is MUCH better IMHO.

Cheaper than changing your car too!

Smurf, the car came with the 16" X-lites but I got the S-Spokes cos they look so much better, should've tried them with ordinary rubber maybe but another gripe I had with the car was it had no air con and it just wasn't comfy on a longer journey, still love the cars though that was our third mini.

euan
9th December 2005, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

quote:Originally posted by euan

Anyway, good luck!

Cheek!

I was doing (still am) a load of miles and it just wasn't practical in the mini. Maybe I should have tried 16s, or non-run flats, but I'd had 2 minis, nearly 4 years worth of them, and I wanted a change.

Not grumpy, maybe old though ;)