PDA

View Full Version : bout ye!

nylo
6th December 2005, 06:50 AM
Just wanted to say a big hello from N. Ireland. Was scooting round mini2 and came across a link for newminiscotland, so here I am! Great site by the way, and it would be great to maybe get over to Scotland for a run or two sometime in the future... :) (might even be able to persuade some of the other NI eejits too :cool:)

I also posted a link to a run we are organising here in N. Ireland for a few of the English mini2ers who fancy coming over in Feb, so feel free to check it out- and join us- the more the merrier! It's in there under mini meets...

Oh sorry, I'm a 25 female, live in N. Ireland, and I got my DS/W S 2 years ago in Jan. It's got: Aerokit, the new polished JCW 18s, JCW exhaust, Zeemax spoiler, beesting aerial, jewel repeaters, LED sidelights, silver look indicator bulbs, clear rear lights...um... interior wise, half blue/black leather, a few wee chrome bits, MOMO gearknob, 2 tone leather handbrake and gear shift gaiters, and that's about it for the mo :)

The Dogfather
6th December 2005, 07:31 AM
Hello and welcome to NMS :D

sleepyrascal
6th December 2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Nylo. Nice to have you!

Your NI run sounds realy good. It's really a planning issue for me. I have a fairly unpredictable work load until June 06. I'll have a better idea next year.

I have some friends over in NI, near Belfast in Holywood. It would be good to see them.

nylo
6th December 2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys :)

Seriously Sleepy? I actually live about 10mins from Holywood- in Bangor. Small world! :cool: Well you'd be absolutely more than welcome if you managed to squeeze it in round work commitments- there should hopefully be at least 10 MINIs involved, and having done both routes, as long as the weather stays fair, we are in for a really good couple of days :)

Burple
6th December 2005, 06:59 PM
Hey hey! Welcome aboard! :D:D
Soon as I saw that subject I thought we had an Irish visitor!
Like Sleepy, I've got a couple of friends over your way too! But they're across the water from you in NewtonAbbey :D:D

I bought one of my old Classics in Bangor y'know!
(Any excuse to nip over to see Jo and Paul for a beer or 7 :D:D)

Anyway... enjoy the lunacy! :D:D:cool::p

MartinSullivan
6th December 2005, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the site :D

Mini Me
6th December 2005, 07:34 PM
Noooooooo the Irish have landed:p:p(been on a few MINI training courses with the guy's over there......ma heed still hurts)[v]

Welcome to NMS, you will fit in with the nutters nicely:p

Smurf
6th December 2005, 07:42 PM
Welcome! :D
'Fraid we won't make the Feb run - but no doubt bump into you for the Causeway Coast's Dash of the Oirish in August! :D We'll hopefully be there with our classic, but if he's still sick, then Smurf the new MINI will make her second trip over for the Dash.

nylo
7th December 2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks again for the welcome guys...

Nutters?! Where?! I don't see any! But maybe I'm just blending in too well:D

The Causeway Run is certainly appealing- I had hoped to go to it last Aug, but have a feeling it clashed with me going to Manchester for a long (and very drunken) weekend! It may be the same this year, but by all accounts, it's definitely worth a look :)

L_n_L, Newtownabbey isn't too far away from me at all- I can wave over to them ;) Think the run on the Sat of our Irish Job is taking us up the Antrim Coast, so we'll pass through N'abbey :)

monkimagic
7th December 2005, 09:27 AM
My Mammy is in Antrim, I will be visiting her in April I think, its her 60ith. sibblings in Bangor, Maghera, Magherafelt & Portrush. But we all grew up in Belfast.

Nice to have another Ulster boy on board.

Monki

MartinSullivan
7th December 2005, 05:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Monki

Or Ulster Girl in this case ;)

nylo
7th December 2005, 06:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Monki

Or Ulster Girl in this case ;)
;):D

nylo
7th December 2005, 06:56 PM

My Mammy is in Antrim, I will be visiting her in April I think, its her 60ith. sibblings in Bangor, Maghera, Magherafelt & Portrush. But we all grew up in Belfast.

Monki

Have you heard of Mizen to Malin by any chance? It's a run which is probably going all round Connemara this year? Think it's happening at the end of April/beginning of May... ;)

Whereabouts in Scotland are you? Been there long?

gill
7th December 2005, 10:51 PM
Hello and welcome...:D

Crombers
8th December 2005, 02:06 AM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

phantom
8th December 2005, 02:34 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :cool::cool::cool:

nylo
8th December 2005, 06:54 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you :D;)