PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Question Help!!!!

Scottie
5th December 2005, 08:08 PM
On my wish list to Santa this year is the new Ipod Nano.

However before he decides if I should get one;)

I thought it best to find out if it is possible to transfer songs from my old Ipod to a new Ipod and how easy is it to do?????.

That way santa can have my old Ipod.;):p for his Christmas saving me money.:cool:

MartinSullivan
5th December 2005, 08:10 PM
If Santa brings your old IPOD when he gets his Sleigh chipped I could transfer the songs off it for you ;)

Scottie
5th December 2005, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

If Santa brings your old IPOD when he gets his Sleigh chipped I could transfer the songs off it for you ;)

Martin I might just take you up on that. Just waiting to hear from David re the JCW airfilter once we have that on the car we will be heading your way.;);)

Wul
5th December 2005, 08:39 PM
Scottie - outwith "santas little helper Sullivan" kind offer - if you've synced your old ipod to your PC fully then you can "drag and drop" the tunes onto your nano.

Sorry if this doesnae make sense! 8)

Scottie
5th December 2005, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

- if you've synced your old ipod to your PC fully then you can "drag and drop" the tunes onto your nano.

Sorry if this doesnae make sense! 8)

So how do I check if I've synced it to the pc fully. When I plug it in on itunes it comes up with Fiona's Ipod and then it automaticaaly updates with any music that has not already been transferred onto it.

That's about as much as I know about these things.:I

Wul
5th December 2005, 08:49 PM
Fiona - go into your Itunes music folder on your PC (use windows explorer) - if there are loads of folders of albums then yes you have a full back-up of your ipod tunes on your pc - from here you can drag and drop the required albums into your nano when it's plugged in.

Wul
5th December 2005, 08:50 PM
I take it your old ipod is a MINI - if it's a 40GB and it's full you are gonna struggle to squeeze all them tracks on your nano!! 8);)

Scottie
5th December 2005, 08:59 PM

I take it your old ipod is a MINI - if it's a 40GB and it's full you are gonna struggle to squeeze all them tracks on your nano!! 8);)

it is a 20gb I think :I to be honest it has about 500 songs on the thing. So I thought the Nano would be more for me and much easier to mount in the BMW 1'er plus it's a cute looking wee thing.

Mini Me
6th December 2005, 07:23 PM
Just bought maself the Sony Purple thingy(new walkman type thing)......very cool :p

i know this helps you no end Fi, but ave posted now:D

Burple
6th December 2005, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Just bought maself the Sony Purple thingy(new walkman type thing)......very cool :p

i know this helps you no end Fi, but ave posted now:D

Sorry... more Hijacking...
How cool is it? I've been looking at them, and I quite ike the Dark Silver coloured one, but the purple would match my new toy!:p Are they really any good? on a par with an iPod? What size did you get? How much did you get it for?

Mini Me
6th December 2005, 09:21 PM
em, price was £140 ish only went for the 6gb as it's plenty for me, and i never had an i-pod so i cant compare, but it's way cool ,superb format and easy to use.......and its PURPLE....:p:p:p:p:D

Also, amazed at the sound quality,it is IMHO fantastic but oh kit :D;)

takin it to colorado wi me on friday,so when i slide down the wrong side of the mountain, i have summat to listen to.....do you think the have sledges there... :question:;)

Julz
6th December 2005, 09:25 PM
I want one of these pueple thingys too!! Shame we don't have a purple car for it to go with, I could always spray it yellow!!

(sorry Fi for gatecrashing!!;))

Scottie
6th December 2005, 10:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I want one of these pueple thingys too!! Shame we don't have a purple car for it to go with, I could always spray it yellow!!

(sorry Fi for gatecrashing!!;))

see now I want one of these purple things.

Gismo
6th December 2005, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
see now I want one of these purple things.
If it's just for the colour then i can't argue 8) but, if it's cause you think it's better then i will argue, there is nothing better than an iPod :p
Every decent review always rates an iPod higher

You could always get the iPod mini in a purply colour

Burple
7th December 2005, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
If it's just for the colour then i can't argue 8) but, if it's cause you think it's better then i will argue, there is nothing better than an iPod :p
Every decent review always rates an iPod higher
You could always get the iPod mini in a purply colour

Oh Oh...
<does 'eagle eyes' action man impression>
It's the iPod Mafia!! Run!!
:D:D:D

I just want a decent alternative to becoming an iPod sheep ;):p:p:D:D
/runs for his teeny little life :D

Don't get me wrong, I like iPods... but.. well, they're a bit like Vauxhall Corsas..

...every ****'s got one!:p

Wul
7th December 2005, 12:19 AM
Not long till the Burberry iPods out - eh LnL!! :p;)

Burple
7th December 2005, 12:28 AM

Funny you should mention that...

I'm sure there's something Santa can drop off from from his Chav-Sled when he's passing Montrose ;);):p:D

http://techiediva.blogs.com/photos/ipod_covers/main.jpg

Gismo
7th December 2005, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
I'm sure there's something Santa can drop off from from his Chav-Sled when he's passing Montrose ;);):p:D
Cooool, where do ya get one of them from :evil::p:D

Wul
7th December 2005, 12:57 AM
www.chavaccessoriesfuryeripodman.com should have them Alan! :p

Scottie
7th December 2005, 01:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Funny you should mention that...

http://techiediva.blogs.com/photos/ipod_covers/main.jpg

Oh god look what you've done now I want one of these.:):I

Gismo
7th December 2005, 01:23 AM
www.chavaccessoriesfuryeripodman.com should have them Alan! :p
Yer links no working Wul ;)
Goes to cancel the massive bid on the chrome scoops

Wul
7th December 2005, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Yer links no working Wul ;)
Goes to cancel the massive bid on the chrome scoops

try .co.uk then :p:evil:

Mini Me
7th December 2005, 02:03 AM
i went for the sony,cos i alway's buy that particular brand......didny want an i-pod because of what LNL said...........:p

sleepyrascal
7th December 2005, 02:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

i went for the sony,cos i alway's buy that particular brand......didny want an i-pod because of what LNL said...........:p

The Ipod is a good bit of kit. Not so sure about the new video one! PURELY FOR SHOWING OFF AS THE SCREEN IS TINY!!!

I have a NANO but got it in the states. I don't fancy paying UK prices for one. It's really light, looks nice, fantastic sound quality, loads of functions, colour screen so you can display your photos etc. NICE!:D

Scottie
8th December 2005, 04:56 AM
Santas been.:D I like the Nano and all uploaded automatic :cool::cool:

Makes listening to Thelma Houston (disco diva) so much better :D