PDA

View Full Version : what the FECK is going on (ebay)

john
5th December 2005, 07:00 PM
I have just reported this fraudster,Nenahs car was sold on ebay on saturday for £13600 and I was told by a friend of this>

Ebay Fraud - Clone Ad For Nenahs Car (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-MINI-MINI-COOPER-S-BLACK_W0QQitemZ4595504765QQcategoryZ38708QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

MartinSullivan
5th December 2005, 07:02 PM
Jeez - they move in quick :(

Burple
5th December 2005, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Jeez - they move in quick :(

Is it worth all of us emailing this loser?? ;);););):D:D

Mind you.. he's probably stolen someone's Ebay Id too... :disapprove::mad:
Theiving scum!

Julz
5th December 2005, 07:44 PM
I'm with LnL on this one, we should all email this eejit!!:evil::D

Cooper_si
5th December 2005, 07:46 PM
this is really bad ! and becoming way too common!!! :(

Gismo
5th December 2005, 07:47 PM
I considered it too, but, i fear they'll hack into my account just for the fun of it :disapprove:
John's done the right thing in reporting it to eBay, though they tend to be very slow etc at least it's in the right channels
Unless of course someone has an extra eBay account that does not have any credit card tie ins with paypal etc etc ;)

GAJ
5th December 2005, 07:53 PM
These scams work by someone using an innocent parties eBay ID (probably as a result of a phishing email), if you send any emails they will go to the poor sod who has had his ID mis-appropriated. There's not any sophisticated hacking going on, just simple social engineering!

Probably best to simply inform eBay rather than compound the guy's misery!

Scottie
5th December 2005, 07:59 PM
Ok I am a bit stupid.:I:clown:. This guy has done all this hoping someone will pay out the price he wants for the car and then he cuts and run.???? or is it something else I'm missing????

How can these guys get away with it.

I use ebay less and less now.

Was just being told at the weekend of a older lady who bought a phone through ebay the guy sent the phone to her she took it into the phone shop to get it topped up and to be shown how to work it. Turns out it was one of those dummy phones that are used for display in the phone shops.:( Now that's crap.

sleepyrascal
5th December 2005, 08:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I considered it too,

what? Hijacking johns ebay sale?:D

I emailed the guy simply to call him a 4 letter word with a T in it and a C and an N ant i'm fairy sure theres a U in there too! :D

bpirie1000
5th December 2005, 08:27 PM
What is the World Comming To These days.

Some people Just don't have any Thought for others.

Buggers.......

They'll get struck off E-Bay but Be back with another Log in the next day.

Big Col
5th December 2005, 08:31 PM
I'm quite impressed that they'll post the car to the buyer for £2.25. :D

sleepyrascal
5th December 2005, 08:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I'm quite impressed that they'll post the car to the buyer for £2.25. :D

well it is only an ickle MINI!! :D One extra large jiffy bag should do it!

The Dogfather
5th December 2005, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I considered it too,

what? Hijacking johns ebay sale?:D

I emailed the guy simply to call him a 4 letter word with a T in it and a C and an N ant i'm fairy sure theres a U in there too! :D

Tucn? Cutn? Tcun? Ctun? ****!

Nenah
5th December 2005, 11:58 PM
I cant believe my Winnie has been pimped out - I so want to email him and tell him to F*** O** but I dont want him to get my user ID too!

Oh! Poor Winnie....:( No-one could clone her..she's one of a kind!

monkimagic
6th December 2005, 07:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

I cant believe my Winnie has been pimped out - I so want to email him and tell him to F*** O** but I dont want him to get my user ID too!

Oh! Poor Winnie....:( No-one could clone her..she's one of a kind!

I have a mate with a dormant ebay account, has'nt used it in years.

I can give you the details or you can type here what you want said and I will happily let him know on your behalf.

This ebay account has no tie ins such as credit card, the email address is dead too so he cant touch it.

Monki

monkimagic
6th December 2005, 07:14 AM
Or I can bid it on it and **** him about by not paying for it, then tell him where he can stick it !!

Gismo
6th December 2005, 04:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic
Or I can bid it on it and **** him about by not paying for it, then tell him where he can stick it !!
Oh yes, go for it :evil:

Clare1
7th December 2005, 02:10 AM
Give him pelters and abuse!!! lol

I bought a Sony digital camera from ebay over a year ago, it arrived within two weeks, perfect condition and i saved over £100 on retail price. Fantastic!!!
But saying that, a friend recently tried to buy something over £300 from a seller in CHINA, who wanted payment sent to GERMANY and wouldnt accept paypal or worldpay....cheques or postal orders only! Ebay sent an email warning to be cautious regarding this item and seller then another email was sent from ebay saying that there was 3rd party involoved and NOT to use or trust this seller and not to send any money.

Can be good if you get the right seller but there are too many scams out there now.

MartinSullivan
7th December 2005, 11:24 PM
Well this is the response I got from the "seller" of Nenahs car - seems really odd to me as he says it is ready for shipping from Ireland - yet just an hour or so ago I picked it up from Tinthaus in Aberdeen. I have asked for some pics of the engine bay and copy of the service record - so we will see what he comes back with.

Hello,

The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.
The price 5300 GBP including shipping to your home address.
Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Dublin,Ireland and it will take no more then 2 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes,I will pay for the shipping fees.I will arrange for you not to pay any dutyes when the car will pass through customs.In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.

Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Security Center and I have a Purchase Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.If you did not hear about them here are their terms:

1) If you will receive the car not as advertised,eBay will refund you the whole amount which you paid me(100 %).In case that you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money back from my account.

2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment.You will provide the details to eBay.They will verify the payment and if is ok,and the money are availble under my name they will notify me to procede with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify eBay to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.

Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can go forward with this deal!About the payment eBay will manage in my place the financial details.
Regards!

p.s. I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact eBay and start the deal.

--

Scottie
7th December 2005, 11:31 PM
I thought the auction had been stopped on ebay.

Burple
7th December 2005, 11:42 PM

Well this is the response I got from the "seller" of Nenahs car - seems really odd to me as he says it is ready for shipping from Ireland - yet just an hour or so ago I picked it up from Tinthaus in Aberdeen. I have asked for some pics of the engine bay and copy of the service record - so we will see what he comes back with.

Nice one Martin! :D:D That BBR conversion must make it a REALLY fast car if it's THAT good ;):D:D:D

What a tool.. shame we can't find out this persn's REAL name, address, email etc... Sure he/she'd LOVE to be signed up to a few Spam lists..

duncan
8th December 2005, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
What a tool.. shame we can't find out this person's REAL name, address, email etc... Sure he/she'd LOVE to be signed up to a few Spam lists..

I would imagine junk e-mail would be the last of the worries of the fraudster. A knock on the door from the local constabulary would be much better.

Nenah
9th December 2005, 08:06 PM
How can we stop this F****** - John's email to ebay obviously didnt do anything - does anyone know how to contact ebay by otehr means than email?

MartinSullivan
9th December 2005, 08:09 PM
The listing has gone off ebay - but the guy is still emailing me and telling me that everything is ok, he is claiming that he has told ebay to suspend the auction as I am buying the car.

sleepyrascal
9th December 2005, 11:07 PM

The listing has gone off ebay - but the guy is still emailing me and telling me that everything is ok, he is claiming that he has told ebay to suspend the auction as I am buying the car.

why doesnt everyone invent a hotmail address and spam the F*UCK out of him for 7 days solid!!:D

Burple
10th December 2005, 12:08 AM

Time for a visit to some Scam baiting websites for some advice on how to REALLY screw with him?
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gismo
10th December 2005, 12:34 AM
What's his e-mail address :p

Nenah
10th December 2005, 02:17 AM
I'm in!!! :mad:

Ln'L - how can we do it?:p

My email address will be "GiveMeBackMyMiniF****@..."

Nenah
10th December 2005, 02:22 AM

Martin - if you say you're going to buy it I wonder if he's stupid enough to give you his address...?...and we can send him a nice surprise in the mail!!!

sleepyrascal
10th December 2005, 02:30 AM
my address will be iknowwhereyoufuc*inglive@hotmail.co.uk, or imwatchinyoucun*@hotmail.com haha

MartinSullivan
10th December 2005, 09:13 PM
The email address the guy is using is jabbermatt@verizonmail.com - he has gone quiet just now after I asked for scans of service info etc, but I will try and reel him back in again.