PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom / Road Angel

weefossy
5th December 2005, 07:30 AM
So which one is the best? I'm looking for speed camera / laser detection etc and GPS navigation, from a portable unit that I can take from car to car, including hired cars.
Because of age (eyesight and shakey hands) don't want it to be too fidley / complicated:D Anyone got any suggestions?

The Dogfather
5th December 2005, 07:38 AM
I have a Tom Tom sat nav IPAC Pocket PC, it's fab. You can download lots of different points of interests such as Macdonalds, Coffee Shops and of course speed cameras and speed traps. Only problem it they aren't very good on the mobile units :(

I've got all the LPG garages programmed into mine and it's a godsend :D

I've also heard that the laser detectors aren't very good, they only go off once you've been done........

Craig
5th December 2005, 04:35 PM
I don't have any speed camera device stuff (most folk say I never need it!! :eek::approve:)

I have Tom Tom personally and I also have installed it for the bosses at work and everyone loves it. It is very easy to use and I have found that it works a treat. used it for my trip down to Bournemouth and back and because the classic doesn't have a cigar lighter, I used it stand-alone on the battery on the way home. You can even use it to find somewhere on foot!!:D

Craig

Scottie
5th December 2005, 06:03 PM
I have the Tom Tom 700 but need a Sat Nav to find it most times cause I can neve remember where I put it in the house:I:I Good for using it handsfree with your phone

If I was going to buy another one I fancy giving the new Road Angel Sat Nav a go.

john
5th December 2005, 06:27 PM
Anyone tried the new Snooper Indigo?

We sell them but I have not tried one yet.

euan
5th December 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
If I was going to buy another one I fancy giving the new Road Angel Sat Nav a go.

I saw one in the papers at the weekend, it looked really neat but also a bit pricey?

bpirie1000
5th December 2005, 08:28 PM
I FInd the BEst One is Not To Speed......

And A Map From your Local Service Station For only 4.99 Sweet...

Never know Santa Might Buy You One..

weefossy
6th December 2005, 06:10 AM
Santa is what I'm hoping for, but I don't know what to ask for on my letter!!

monkimagic
6th December 2005, 06:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

I FInd the BEst One is Not To Speed......

And A Map From your Local Service Station For only 4.99 Sweet...

:D:D:D

Neil and Lorna
6th December 2005, 07:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Santa is what I'm hoping for, but I don't know what to ask for on my letter!!

Nobody can read my writing, I just shout my list up the lum.

Neil:D:D