PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear last night

euan
28th November 2005, 05:53 PM
Watching Top Gear last night brought back a few memories for me. When I took the Mini to France last year, we went to Millau and saw the bridge. It's unbelievable, nothing prepares you for just how big it is. It wasn't open when went, but even from a distance it's just a great piece of engineering.

We also stayed in the gorge where they filmed, and drove the mini all around there. It's called the Tarn Gorge - we stayed in a place called Le Rozier (when you watched it last night, they actually showed the road sign saying Millau - Le Rozier). The roads were just awesome in the Mini, it was the only time I managed to cook the brakes.

Great place for driving ;)

Wul
28th November 2005, 06:03 PM
Really enjoyed last nights show - even if the cars were all out my reach! how mad is the colour of that Focus ST!! :p

Julz
28th November 2005, 06:04 PM
The best bit had to be the car park, I can sympathise!!:p:D:I

Wul
28th November 2005, 06:06 PM
LOL - the look on the dudes face stuck behind them was class! :D Did they not think of going back up the way they came in?

Big Col
28th November 2005, 06:07 PM
The car park bit cracked me up! Seeing the hamsters face as he crunched it the first time was priceless. I would have been bricking it if I was Jeremy though since the GT40 was his own car.

Gismo
28th November 2005, 06:48 PM
Was that Clarkson's own car :question: i missed the start :I I so want to drive over that bridge, a mini run on the cards methinks ;)

Scottie
28th November 2005, 06:52 PM
If it was his own car why the Isle of Man car reg is that where he stays?????

Big Col
28th November 2005, 07:01 PM
I dunno where he stays Fi. He said it was his car as he stood next to it at the beginning. He says he bought it twice since he sent it back the first time since it kept on breaking. :)

MartinSullivan
28th November 2005, 07:02 PM
He has a house and some land on the isle of man - he was on about it the other week on Jonathen Ross

Scottie
28th November 2005, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

He has a house and some land on the isle of man - he was on about it the other week on Jonathen Ross

you watch Jonathen Ross:eek:;):p:kiss:

Wul
28th November 2005, 07:58 PM
Jonathon Ross does an excellent chat show - much more entertaining than parky et al! yes it was his own car - had to laugh when he ran out of money to pay for the petrol too!

MartinSullivan
28th November 2005, 08:06 PM
I think Clarksons wife is from the I.O.M. too

euan
28th November 2005, 08:13 PM
There is a hill in Millau where all these nutters do paracending, if I can find the pictures I will post them up here. I have a video of some of the roads round there somewhere as well. Scary! If you guys do a run to it in the Minis, it'd be so much fun - everywhere I went in mine I headed to small towns where they hadn't seen a lot of them. A group of them would cause chaos! It's a good long run, as the Tarn is quite far south. (it's also home to some vultures!).

We spent a few days there, littel towns called Le Rozier and Meyroux. Nice and cheap hotels, not a lot of choice for dinner (we went to a bar and asked to see the menu, they said the only thing on it was sausage and potato!). Meyroux has more places for dinner although it's further from Millau. Great fun thougfh, as it's on the river you can go canoeing etc.

Scottie
28th November 2005, 08:33 PM
Wonder how much Clarkson gets paid by Ford.

He loved the ST he mentioned last night he owned a Focus (which I knew);):p I saw it.

He has his GThttp://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/icons/lick.gifhttp://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/icons/lick.gif

Big Col
28th November 2005, 08:38 PM
I think the ASBO is a far better name for the ST. :D

zimbo
28th November 2005, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I think the ASBO is a far better name for the ST. :D

HA HA... Yeh that car park scene at hotel was funny as **** all those french commuters on the road outside and in car park passage way tooting their horns and not looking happy at all :p, watchin Clarkson trying to get out the GT was hilarious... Zonda colour would look nice on a MINI:D

Smitty
28th November 2005, 09:54 PM
When hammond cracked the carbon spliter on the zonda coming outta the car park i nearly cried....and that was just watching it!

Love the zonda, absolutly gorgous car! God no's why the tested one in that colour though! the one in the studio was much nicer, and pretty sure it was a Zonda F instead of an S aswell!