PDA

View Full Version : Springs

Lynsey
28th November 2005, 03:58 AM
Now that ive got my new mini im hoping to lower it, not sure about the price or how much i should lower her! Also has anybody had there arches painted body colour? Any problems with them being painted?

Bignorm
28th November 2005, 04:53 AM
hello lynsey we get a lot of mini's in at the work and a lot get the arches painted not heard of any problems

KINGHORN
28th November 2005, 10:39 PM
i can get the arches painted for ya, sorted out a few on here only problems we have ever seen is stone chips on the rear arches, and also i have noticed that alot of places dont actualy flatten them down completly they just use a high build primer, which can leave it apearing slightly bumpy,

any questions or prices just ask

S7JGW
28th November 2005, 11:04 PM
Ive had my arches colour coded, only problem is what Kinghorn says is the rear arched get stone chipped. I got scotchguard put on the bottom of my back arches and seems to protect it more from the chipping.
Jim

Smitty
29th November 2005, 04:26 AM
what sorta price for paiting the arches then KINGHORN?

c_me_swim
29th November 2005, 04:36 AM
I have a set of springs for a mini that will lower it 35-40mm. They will only fit cars from march 03 onwards.
Also they are eibach and are selling for £100.

Would you be interested?

Lynsey
30th November 2005, 07:20 AM
Hmm, see now im concerned about the wheel arches getting chipped! But i would be interested in any prices anybody has! Mini goes back to eastern in edinburgh tomorrow to get her tailpipe fitted after the one fitted was faulty, sending my parents in with her, its my day off and my parents are just back there hols and havent driven Milly yet, i want a long lie, so ive told them, behave!

sleepyrascal
30th November 2005, 07:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

Hmm, see now im concerned about the wheel arches getting chipped! But i would be interested in any prices anybody has! Mini goes back to eastern in edinburgh tomorrow to get her tailpipe fitted after the one fitted was faulty, sending my parents in with her, its my day off and my parents are just back there hols and havent driven Milly yet, i want a long lie, so ive told them, behave!

I cant decide on coulour arches either.... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

KINGHORN, what about a group deal on this? PM me if you want. Cheers.

Lynsey
30th November 2005, 08:09 PM
I welcome any prices or quotes anybody will give me!

quiksilver
30th November 2005, 11:45 PM
Awright,

I Recently got a Quote for the arches and side skirts to be sprayed body colour, it came in at £350, which sounded pretty pricey to me. Only Quote av had nae sure if its resenable or not.

cheers

steve

sleepyrascal
1st December 2005, 12:16 AM
Rigth, why doesn't someone start a group buy thread. Just get a list of names who would be interested in arch spraying and then contact dealers with a bulk order!

I would do it but i'm currently flat out with Uni and organising the large Aero kit group buy over on MINI2.com.

KINGHORN
1st December 2005, 02:47 AM
OK £350 IS A DECENT PRICE,

but you have to make sure that they are flatening them correctly and not just using high build primer,

il have a word with my boys and see what i can do in the way of a group buy,

sleepyrascal
1st December 2005, 03:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

OK £350 IS A DECENT PRICE,

but you have to make sure that they are flatening them correctly and not just using high build primer,

il have a word with my boys and see what i can do in the way of a group buy,

Nice one dude!

Lynsey
1st December 2005, 06:53 AM
If anybody has had their MINI lowered, can you give me details of where and prices. Contacted a Mini dealer today, they wont lower my car for me, said it wasnt advised! Need help people, oh and would getting my arches affect my warranty in any way?

Cheers

quiksilver
1st December 2005, 07:26 AM
I got mysel a set of the eibach springs which drops it around 30mm from minispeed, they were best price i could find them at. Fitted them myself tho it aint a hard job so cannae imagin garages asking for too much if you supply the springs.

cheers

sleepyrascal
1st December 2005, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

If anybody has had their MINI lowered, can you give me details of where and prices. Contacted a Mini dealer today, they wont lower my car for me, said it wasnt advised! Need help people, oh and would getting my arches affect my warranty in any way?

Cheers

body colour arches will NOT affect the warranty except for that of the arches themselves. So if your arches all fell off or came loose/snap etc, they would not be covered under warranty. But who cares! It's not like they are expensive or anything!!

Lowering the car can mess with the handling but i have never heard of that in MINIs.

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2005, 08:50 AM
We'd be interested in a body-coloured wheel arch and black trim group buy. :)

A.