PDA

View Full Version : Richard Burns R.i.p

john
27th November 2005, 09:52 AM
Sadly Richard Burns died and as has been mentioned by others has been over shaddowed by the death of a Drunken Footballer.

http://www.richardburns.com/

minidriver#1
27th November 2005, 12:58 PM
yes, tis a shame.

minidriver#1
27th November 2005, 01:04 PM
also the fact that burns' death wasover shadowed by Best is hardly Best's fault is it. He didnt demand that the press cover it in quite an intricate a detail as they have done, but thats the press for you.

My Myagi died also, but you dont see any threads about him do you. I suppose thats Best's fault too.

Burns was a talented driver, no doubt about it being world champion and all that...

Gismo
27th November 2005, 06:34 PM
Tis surely a sad week for sport :disapprove: having watched RB driving during his illness was remarkable and showed great determination, the fact he hardly got a mention in the press is pretty poor, though, his true fans knew he had passed on, his family are probably happy that all the atention has been deflected elsewhere and will allow them to grieve

On another note, Goerge Best was never a has been footballer, he was and always will be the most naturally talented footballer ever to play in our country, in my opinion

phantom
27th November 2005, 08:00 PM
Richard Burns, will be missed, what a shame and so young, and fought to the end.

sleepyrascal
27th November 2005, 09:43 PM
Very sad to hear about Burns!!!

john
27th November 2005, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

also the fact that burns' death wasover shadowed by Best is hardly Best's fault is it. He didnt demand that the press cover it in quite an intricate a detail as they have done, but thats the press for you.

My Myagi died also, but you dont see any threads about him do you. I suppose thats Best's fault too.

Burns was a talented driver, no doubt about it being world champion and all that...

I read about Mr Myagi today,he too will be missed but at least he made it to a decent age before passing away.

I think Wul will be gutted about Mr Myagi passing away as I'm sure he was a great insperation to him.

Polish on Polish off

Smurf
28th November 2005, 12:08 AM
The loss of Richard Burns is a very sad one. Rallying has had a tough year this year.

He had HUGE talent.

Scottie
28th November 2005, 12:41 AM
Very sad news about this guy got to admit don't really know who he was but the fact he was 34 and died of cancer is tragic.

Reading the two threads about this chap and George best is I'm afraid just a fact of life.

There is at times no justice in the world whether George was a deserving transplant patient or not only his family doctors and friends will really know.

There is a lot of worse things happening in the world today or have happened and if you take time and reflect on them you have to wonder if this is heaven of hell.

Life is what you make it good or bad live each day as it your last cause you just don't know whats round the corner it can all change in a blink of the eye.

You may think this sounds crazy or you may realise this sounds like I have had experience of tragic loss:( Don't judge other folks that's my moto.:)

T6 KFR
28th November 2005, 01:09 AM
Death itself is sad, no matter who itis.

Angers me sometimes that people loss loved ones everyday, but when its someone famous it 's made out to be so much worse.

I feel for anyone who has lost a loved one, George Best dieing has got me thinking of my dad...he too had drink problem with lead him to death last year

Stop and think not only for the famous people you hear of dieing but also the people you dont know dieing every minute of the day that arent famous and not in the paper.

Shame for Richard Burns and George Best - very good at their profession.

gill
28th November 2005, 05:04 AM
So young...

RIP Richard - we enjoyed the limited edition Subaru RB5 when we had it (although it was as thirsty as George Best, me thinks!)

Big Col
28th November 2005, 05:00 PM
Very sad news.

Julz
28th November 2005, 05:06 PM
I'm actually glad someone beat me to posting about this! I was dreading coming on here today and finding out that no-one was aware of such a sad loss! Have to agree with BS that watching him carry on driving whilst ill was remarkable! It just goes to show the fit and young die too!

God bless!

Wul
28th November 2005, 05:17 PM
Very sad loss - 2 WRC characters passed away in a season - the tussles he had with CMAC were great to watch.

zimbo
28th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Very sad news indeed.

This is why you have to make the most of life & enjoy it to its fullest, because you never know whats around the corner. Don't put off what you want to do tomorrow if you can do it today!!

Sorry if it sounds like im preaching.

Smitty
28th November 2005, 09:58 PM
He was a great driver and its a sad loss! Havent heard much about him recently and i didnt relise he was in such a bad way!

Who was the other driver to die earlier this year while rallying? Or was it a co-driver?

Big Col
28th November 2005, 10:28 PM
Michael Park, co-driver for Markko Martin died in a car crash earlier this year.

Wul
28th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Smitty - it was Marko Martins co-driver Michael "Beef" Park - he was killed in a smash at Rally GB earlier this year. Another sad loss. :(

Wul
28th November 2005, 10:32 PM
just pipped me there big feller!

Nenah
29th November 2005, 03:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

He was a great driver and its a sad loss! Havent heard much about him recently and i didnt relise he was in such a bad way!

Who was the other driver to die earlier this year while rallying? Or was it a co-driver?

There was a driver that died but I don't know his name,He took a heart attack at during the rally and hit a tree.

Smitty
29th November 2005, 04:24 AM
o aye, mind now. They cut the rally short. was pretty harsh on parks, and thats the first big death in rallying for a long time. I reckon Marko Martin would be feeling pretty bad after that, knowing it was him that was in control of the car!

Big Gordy
30th November 2005, 04:28 AM
Ross found this which is very good...
http://www.cosworth.soldigit.net/filmes/Richard_Burns_Tribute_PT.wmv

sleepyrascal
30th November 2005, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Ross found this which is very good...
http://www.cosworth.soldigit.net/filmes/Richard_Burns_Tribute_PT.wmv

That is very nice! I hope his family see that! Brilliant driver!!