View Full Version : Mackies Ice Cream Run 24th/25th July (cullen)2004

Pages : [1] 2

john
7th October 2003, 11:46 PM
The main registration thread can be found at the following URL

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42210

Full directions for the run can be downloaded from the following URL

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/cullen_04.pdf

The file will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Cullenclassicmini
16th January 2004, 10:09 AM
Hello

just saw this site linked from another one and noticed you did a run up to Cullen. Being from the picturesque fishing town (could get a job for the tourist board we that line) myself i would be glad to meet up with you lot when you arrive in my wee 1992 mayfair if im not offshore. Any idea when you are planning the run??
Im a member of the Aberdeen mini owners club so could also try and see if any of them want to join up.

Gismo
16th January 2004, 07:06 PM
Welcome to NMS, as yet i doubt if the organiser has set a date, but, it's usually in July :)

Bonnie Scotland

Eggy7496
18th March 2004, 09:05 PM
whats the usual arrangements for the cullen run, i heard you did this one last year

phantom
28th March 2004, 02:54 AM
hope to be on this one missed last year due to work.:)

Julz
23rd April 2004, 02:57 AM
Just incase you're all sleeping, overnight accomodation info has been posted on page 11 of the above thread!!;)

Gismo
23rd April 2004, 03:24 AM
I'm Booked ;)

phantom
23rd April 2004, 03:55 AM
Yes thats Alison and I booked on this one, thanks Julz for the site info or I would have totally missed out.:D:D:D

weefossy
27th April 2004, 07:21 AM
Sioban and i are now booked. looking forward to it

Julz
27th April 2004, 03:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Sioban and i are now booked. looking forward to it

Yes, I did warn them that a kids table would be required!!;):D

For those of you still to book, here's a link to the thread to make it even easier for you, so no excuses!!:)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42210&page=11&pp=15

weefossy
28th April 2004, 06:35 AM
Have they got any "Toys" to play with, before i go to sleep in my "4 Poster" ??

Willie M
28th April 2004, 03:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Have they got any "Toys" to play with, before i go to sleep in my "4 Poster" ??
No. But I'm sure they've got a 'Bar' ;):D

3GGG
28th April 2004, 07:36 PM
oops nearly missed out on this:eek:

That's me and Pat booked up at the Hotel.:)

Willie M
28th April 2004, 08:13 PM
Nice one David, good to see you back :cool:

Brushy
30th April 2004, 05:15 PM
Were booked in at the Travelodge plus the Saturday night hotel :D I promise that I will not mention to Anand NMS;);)

Julz
30th April 2004, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Brushy
I promise that I will not mention to Anand NMS;);)

That would be greatly appreciated, the handbags at dawn bickers can stay on Mini2!!;):kiss::D

GAJ
1st May 2004, 03:38 AM
I had forgotten all about this! I logged on to MINI2 to get the details but saw that there is about 8754312745 posts and I lost the will to live. :blackeye:

Can somebody who knows give me an idiots guide to who's going where after staying where when and I'll see if I can still make it along!:I

Monsta Mo Mini
1st May 2004, 03:44 AM
Start in Perth - Finish Grantown-on-Spey - get drunk - fall over - sleep - go home.

As far as I can gather, everyone is staying at the Grant Arms Hotel. Email Julz and she'll give you the details. The bit between leaving Perth and arriving at Grantown is a bit of a mystery tour.

I'm hoping to make it along for the run but doubt if I'll be able to stay the night given Shirls' "condition".

phantom
1st May 2004, 03:49 AM
Gaj, I know what you meen, check out page 11 on the mini 2 site, Julz was a star, I too would have miised out if it wasn't for her. Basically I think its around 37 cars staying overnight in the Grant Arms Hotel 01479 872526, its £40 pppn dinner bed and breckie. This is in Grantown on Spey. If you go tell them your with mini 2 lot. Hope this helps.;)

Julz
1st May 2004, 03:50 AM
GAJ, if you look at page 11 of the mini 2 thread, post no. 163 has all the details, or, seeing as I have the number handy, the Grant Arms is on the other end of 01479 872526, if you let them know you're with the Mini2 party (parrrrrrrrrrrrrty) booked under my name (JuliAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Anderson!!)!!

Ta!!

p.s. MMM, hopefully you can both make it, but totally understandable if Shirls doesn't fancy facing it!! (bit bumpy.......boing...boing...):D

Julz
4th May 2004, 07:24 PM
This run is starting to get very busy following the great response from the Whacky Racers, so you better all get a move on if you want to come!!

The following NMS members have still to confirm if they're coming and to get booked....

GAJ
KJ
Goldmini
Moonshine
Zimbo
Wul
Brian
Sh@z
DNV122

Duncan Stewart
4th May 2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Julz. I did confirm in post 161 on the Mini2 forum :I but as that was before you arranged the hotel I've reposted again just to make sure. We will be on the run but staying with Helen's parents as they live just down the road. Cheers :D
Well done for getting things organised :cool: ;)

Julz
4th May 2004, 07:47 PM
ooops, sorry, forgot about that!!:blackeye:

Monsta Mo Mini
4th May 2004, 07:58 PM
I'll maybe coming along for the run but it's unlikley that i'll be staying the night.

Krusty
4th May 2004, 08:01 PM
Just had Zooooom on the phone reminding me - will have to check with Zippy cause we move into our new house in July so we're going to be pretty busy:)

Julz
4th May 2004, 08:11 PM
Ahhh, I know how you feel, we were meant to be moving this week, but have changed the moving date to June, yup, June, all of it!!:D:D

broken_brian
4th May 2004, 10:59 PM
just to let you all know i will miss this one as i am working that week end :(:(:(

minidriver#1
5th May 2004, 08:55 AM
sh*te! i didnt know a date and accomodaton had been sorted.

Julz
5th May 2004, 03:43 PM
Were you sleeping?? <poke>!! :I:D

zimbo
5th May 2004, 11:57 PM
Not sure If I'll be making this run... :disapprove:

Julz
6th May 2004, 03:25 AM
Just keep us informed, but I would advise quick decisions from everyone as the hotel is booking up quite fast!! Although I do believe Johns tent may now be up for hire!!:D:p

GAJ
6th May 2004, 04:16 AM
I'll confirm as soon as I can. Not sure at the moment.

taz2822
6th May 2004, 06:36 AM
don't know whicjh is the 'Official Thread" to keep an eyes on - but any way to officially confirm that both Wacky Racer Minion & myself have booked ( and Mrs Taz will come if she drives ) that means I WILL be lost..........at the back.

Do the Wackies become honourary NMS? Much better crack than down here.

Julz
6th May 2004, 06:47 AM
The thread in Mini2 is the main thread, John (zoooooom) is the man in charge, but I'm trying to keep things up to date in his absence.

I'm sure there will be no objections in the Wackies being honourary members, even though everyone on NMS is special;):D (or so our mummys keep telling us!!):eek::D

john
8th May 2004, 05:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by taz2822

Do the Wackies become honourary NMS? Much better crack than down here.

I will ask Calum if you can get half price membership:D

And its better here because we dont have a brain between us:clown:

Julz
9th May 2004, 03:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by john
And its better here because we dont have a brain between us:clown:

Oi!!!!;):D

(we do have a Brian or two though!!:))

Astrohaggis
12th May 2004, 10:20 PM
Got my name down on the MINI2 thread, so I just thought I'd mentioned on here too - I'm gonna tag along! :)

broken_brian
4th June 2004, 06:32 AM
yes......

someone mentioned my name :clown:

seany
4th June 2004, 07:53 PM
Brian, were have you been!!!!

Brushy
6th June 2004, 05:44 PM
I put a post up on Mini2, Nothern Convoy and Sphereing thread about a convoy.
Sphereing.............I was bought as a 40th birthday pressie form SamL and Northandy a Sphereing adventure. Basically someone puts you in a 12 foot ball and pushes you down a hill.To add to the fun of being hurled down the hill whilst strapped into the ball at upto 35mph the organisers will also add a bucket of water (for that special Dyson feeling)

Iam organising the event to take place on Friday evening, hopefully at 5pm (ish) and I need another person to have a go Julz and Rob have already come forward for the Daftness, Duncanbanana is exempt due to already being sphere shaped.

Anyone interested, the location is Dunkeld (14 miles from Perth)

seany
7th June 2004, 12:43 AM
no thanks, Martin

Brushy
7th June 2004, 03:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

no thanks, Martin

You do suprise me Seany, :eek::eek:I would have put you down as a definate:I:)

Willie M
7th June 2004, 03:39 PM
As much as I'd love to offer my services on your sphereing adventure Martin :p, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on your kind invitation.
Sounds like a job for every Ned's special friend, Bonnie Scotland :D C'mon Alan, you know you want to ;):clown:

Burple
7th June 2004, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

As much as I'd love to offer my services on your sphereing adventure Martin :p, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on your kind invitation.
Sounds like a job for every Ned's special friend, Bonnie Scotland :D C'mon Alan, you know you want to ;):clown:

ahhh... dammit...
I really fancy this, but I'm on a course in Coventry on Wed, Thurs and Fri... and I won't get back up till later on Friday. I'll have to have the car cleaned the weekend before!!! ;) Doh!

Julz
9th June 2004, 04:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

I agree (and how about if I mention those three special letters, B, B and R, only kidding, Q!!!!, possible opening of Le Chateau Anderson for those southerners for an open air car wash and munchies!!)

Kirsty
9th June 2004, 06:56 AM
I am coming I'll go have a nose on MINI2 I've booked too so it's ok!! I too went sphering but with no water!! Very nearly lots of chunky bits of carrot tho!! EEEEWWWW!!!!!

bpirie1000
9th June 2004, 04:08 PM
it is ma birthday on the 24th Don't know what I am doing yet... But knowing you lot there will be plenty of Drinkk.. am I right??

MMMMMMMM Decisions..

Julz
9th June 2004, 04:11 PM
Welcome back Brian, thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens or summat!! Of course there will be drink involved, you better decide soon as the hotel is filling up fast!!;):D

GAJ
24th June 2004, 12:02 AM
Doubt I will be there! Sorry, I've spent all my money on beer! If I find some coppers down the back of the settee I may change my mind!

Julz
24th June 2004, 02:09 AM
John has put a wee list on the mini2 thread stating those who have not confirmed, and by the sounds of it, the hotel is basically full, so if anyone still wants to come and stay in the same hotel as the mature, well behaved people, they better get a shifty on!!8):D

Gismo
24th June 2004, 02:39 AM
I'm looking at my long range forecast for my work schedule and it shows me going offshore around the 17th July for 3 weeks :(
Usually when i post this bad news the work slips, so, fingers crossed i'll be ok, failing that it'll be a room for someone else

Julz
24th June 2004, 04:02 PM
That's not allowed!!:mad: I'm sure the dates were chosen so that you could come, so you better be there!!:approve:

Burple
24th June 2004, 05:43 PM
quote: ......so if anyone still wants to come and stay in the same hotel as the mature, well behaved people, they better get a shifty on!!8):D

There's another Hotel boked?????? ;););):D:D:p:blackeye:

bpirie1000
24th June 2004, 10:22 PM
right Anyone got the Number of the Hotel You Lot are Staying.. Decided I want to go and Stay Now.. LAte I Know. But It is just me being organised as usual..

I'll check the Site again. If No One Replies i'll have to just go and Cry.......

Cheers Brian...

Brushy
25th June 2004, 01:34 AM
This is pasted from the 1st post on M2 I hope it helps.

The stopover is at Grant Arms in Granton-on-Spey is 01479 872526 if anyone has not booked already.

Brushy
1st July 2004, 03:27 AM
I cant believe that Zooooominders run is so quiet on NMS:(:( Surely this is one of the most eagerly anticipated run on NMS?that should generate some response;)

Julz
1st July 2004, 03:38 AM
We've managed to fire most of the interest onto mini2, saves having two threads as it gets VERRRRY confusing (well for those of us with almost blonde highlights!!):eek::D

Gismo
1st July 2004, 07:00 AM
Did a fair bit of the run today, great fun with John driving, took some notes but not easy with eyes closed etc :I

For all the peeps from darn south, don't worry about no route to download etc, we do things a bit different up here, the route is fairly straight forward with minimal turn offs, even though we'll cover about 200 miles, the roads merge into place ;)

Brushy
2nd July 2004, 12:58 AM
200 miles, are you paying expenses Mr Scotland:D:D Just wait til Anand sees this he'll be asking for a tow rope:D:D

speedd
2nd July 2004, 01:03 AM
:eek: how long is the run???

can some one sponsor me.... :disapprove:.. i told jags it was a weeee run8)

roll on run day :p

Brushy
2nd July 2004, 04:04 PM
Right on cue asking for sponsorship:clown::clown:

Gismo
2nd July 2004, 04:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by speedd

:eek: can some one sponsor me.... :disapprove:We had a whip round (ooerr missus) and raised the sponsorship that you need, assuming that 2 shillings, a thrupenny bit and a jam jar is still legal tender down your way ;)

Brushy
2nd July 2004, 06:35 PM
I found a groat which I am prepared to donate to the fund:clown:

speedd
2nd July 2004, 07:54 PM
8) geeee thanks folks .. its like a :blackeye: but don't worry i am taking out a top up mortgage to fund this and rest assured i will be there ;)

Brushy
3rd July 2004, 01:48 AM
I've found 15 french francs if you can change them;)

Julz
3rd July 2004, 06:54 PM
Would Monopoly money help??;)

The Dogfather
4th July 2004, 07:25 AM
Will be there, for at least one day, can't stay over as we'll have the dog in tow. Will try to pop home a come back for the second day depeding on times locations etc.

GAJ
5th July 2004, 01:55 AM
Right! I'm coming too, hotel is booked and everything! Can someone check that they have plenty Guinness in stock?:p:p (before anyone else says it, looking at nobody in particular Willie!!):clown:

interceptor
5th July 2004, 02:29 AM
YAY-Under a month Now!!!!!!! :D

I aint Posted on this forum for a while-But I always visitng :)

ELFMAN
5th July 2004, 03:27 AM
Been re-checking my “schedule” to try to re-arrange things, but no go I'm afraid. Humph.

Hope you all have a fantastic and safe journey up and back. See you all soon.

Wul
5th July 2004, 04:23 PM
OK folks - familiar tale here again - i'm a no-go for cullen this year :( Got a joiner coming to the house on sat/sun and only got it confirmed this weekend - have a blast guys.

Willie M
5th July 2004, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Right! I'm coming too, hotel is booked and everything! Can someone check that they have plenty Guinness in stock?:p:p (before anyone else says it, looking at nobody in particular Willie!!):clown:
:I :eek:<burp!!>

Jules
6th July 2004, 11:03 PM
Ok I give up, can someone please tell me where there is? I am trying to get to this cullen run but so far don't seem to be able to find out the meeting points, I need to try and get some accomodation booked for the saturday night, but not sure where I am supposed to be! I've been surfing around trying to get some info on the run, but not found anything, Help my mini can't miss this, he had such good fun at arbroath, his first day out with all those other mini's and is desperate to go to cullen.

Gismo
6th July 2004, 11:20 PM
Jules, you are in the right section, just ask to get your name added and someone (John) will add it, the route has not been posted yet, the saturday night hotel is listed somewhere on this thread (i'm in a rush to go out) just have to trawl through, sorry.

The start point is the Broxden roundabout esso petrol station in perth, leaving time around 9am, finish point is Granton On Spey, grant arms is the hotel name

Julz
6th July 2004, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jules

Ok I give up, can someone please tell me where there is?

Sorry, I thought I'd posted this link already for you!! Here is the link to Mini2 which has everything you should need!!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42210&page=1

Richard
8th July 2004, 02:57 AM
Thank you Julz for the hotel info and the Mini 2 link.

Claire and I have managed to book a room at the Grant Arms hotel. :D:D:D

See you on the day!!

quote:Originally posted by Julz

quote:Originally posted by Jules

Ok I give up, can someone please tell me where there is?

Sorry, I thought I'd posted this link already for you!! Here is the link to Mini2 which has everything you should need!!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42210&page=1

Richard
8th July 2004, 03:05 AM
Well phantom, the deed is done - hotel booked!!:evil::evil:

Have booked my day off work to start polishing the car - NOT:p

Claire is now feeling invigorated by the Russ Swift experience and is ready for a re-match - hope you are feeling confident ;);)

quote:Originally posted by phantom

Gaj, I know what you meen, check out page 11 on the mini 2 site, Julz was a star, I too would have miised out if it wasn't for her. Basically I think its around 37 cars staying overnight in the Grant Arms Hotel 01479 872526, its £40 pppn dinner bed and breckie. This is in Grantown on Spey. If you go tell them your with mini 2 lot. Hope this helps.;)

phantom
8th July 2004, 03:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Claire is now feeling invigorated by the Russ Swift experience and is ready for a re-match - hope you are feeling confident ;);)

[
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:p
Can't believe it, got you hooked at last;)
Can't wait to see you on another run, at this rate your car will be only scap value by August with all this milage:evil::evil:
Whats all this about Claire and Russ Swift:evil: I was no where near at the time, or was I:eek:

X30YES
8th July 2004, 03:24 AM
Can anyone help me with some info re Mackies Ice cream run ... ie the route , leaving from etc , did see something about Perth at 7am ?

Brushy
8th July 2004, 03:59 AM
7o'clock are there two 7o'clocks on the day of a Mini run?????:disapprove::disapprove:

Phew looked back 9am looks like start time and after Mr M's big sponsored party and Ms Kerb Bashers house that could be too early:):)

Richard
8th July 2004, 06:36 AM
Don't worry about the mileage; I've disconnected the speedo!:p:p
This time we might dress more appropriately for the Scottish summer!:)
Better start saving my pennies though for the loads of fuel we'll be using.:D:D

quote:Originally posted by Richard

[
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:p
Can't believe it, got you hooked at last;)
Can't wait to see you on another run, at this rate your car will be only scap value by August with all this milage:evil::evil:
Whats all this about Claire and Russ Swift:evil: I was no where near at the time, or was I:eek:

Julz
8th July 2004, 04:11 PM

7o'clock are there two 7o'clocks on the day of a Mini run?????:disapprove::disapprove:

Phew looked back 9am looks like start time and after Mr M's big sponsored party and Ms Kerb Bashers house that could be too early:):)

:blackeye:<SLAP>:blackeye: (again!!:eek:) Phillip no longer wants to meet you for being cheeky!!!:clown:

Brushy
8th July 2004, 09:00 PM
quote::blackeye:<SLAP>:blackeye: (again!!:eek:) Phillip no longer wants to meet you for being cheeky!!!:clown:
:kiss::kiss::I

Julz
8th July 2004, 10:54 PM
I'm curious as to why Alan has edited that post!!:eek::kiss::I

Gismo
8th July 2004, 11:09 PM
I'm curious as to why Alan has edited that post!!:eek::kiss::I8) Simply to show the quote as a quote, Brushy had somehow managed to leave out the first bit of code :kiss: i was just exercising my POWER to tidy up his post and be made more readable
Did i leave anything out :blackeye:

Julz
8th July 2004, 11:29 PM
So why'd you edit that one then??:clown:

Gismo
8th July 2004, 11:35 PM
So why'd you edit that one then??:clown:Spelling mistakes :I:clown:

Brushy
9th July 2004, 02:01 AM

I'm curious as to why Alan has edited that post!!:eek::kiss::I
Me too:(

Gismo
9th July 2004, 02:59 AM
Me too:(Oh the life of a mod 8) Brushy, when you replied to Julz you left out the ([quote]) at the start of the message, the result is a load of gobbledy gook and does not make for good reading, so, i simply inserted the ([quote]) at the start to make it more readable :eek::blackeye::kiss:

seany
9th July 2004, 04:06 AM
I think if the mod are going to edited the post, thay should write on the post the reason.

Brushy
9th July 2004, 05:48 AM
Phew that was complicated;)

good thing is that its cleared up and Phillip might still be my friend:)

Julz
9th July 2004, 06:01 AM
don't worry, I had a wee chat with Phillip earlier and all is forgiven!!!:cool:

X30YES
9th July 2004, 02:54 PM
Yes Julz there are two 7 o'clocks in a day ....but only one 7 am !!!

Julz
9th July 2004, 06:42 PM
Only 15 sleeps to go!!8):D

GAJ
9th July 2004, 07:13 PM

Only 15 sleeps to go!!8):D

Only 14 if you stay up all night, just once.

Rock 'n' Roll!:p

I won't be doing that though!:clown:

X30YES
9th July 2004, 08:16 PM
Be there on the 24th ,just booked a room , and hope that the chopper gets me onshore in time without any fog delays !!.

Gismo
9th July 2004, 08:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Be there on the 24th ,just booked a room , and hope that the chopper gets me onshore in time without any fog delays !!.
My job has slipped from about the 17th to the 20th, fingers crossed for a sidetrack and i'll just make this run :(

Julz
9th July 2004, 10:18 PM
Like I keep saying, you better be there!!:mad:

weefossy
11th July 2004, 01:49 AM
Just a quick note, to warn you all that Weefozzy jnr, is now booked into the hotel as well, and looking forward to the Cullen run.

Monsta Mo Mini
11th July 2004, 05:45 AM
Was actually parked outside the hotel this morning :D Was warning them to get extra beer in....

phantom
11th July 2004, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Was actually parked outside the hotel this morning :D Was warning them to get extra beer in....

Why, surely we will all be at church bright and breazy Sunday morn. NOT!;)

Nenah
14th July 2004, 02:37 AM
I'm a new mini owner and user on this site - can anyone gibe me more details on the Cullen run tkaing place on 24/25th to Cullen and how one goes about joining in on these fab events?

Thanks! Nenah

phantom
14th July 2004, 02:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

I'm a new mini owner and user on this site - can anyone gibe me more details on the Cullen run tkaing place on 24/25th to Cullen and how one goes about joining in on these fab events?

Thanks! Nenah

Hi Nenah, check out the link on page one, also there are plenty of replies on this site for the hotel we are staying at with its phone number. Apart from that just pitch up and have fun.:D:D:D

Nenah
14th July 2004, 03:06 AM
Thanks Phantom - I'll have a good read through the posts to find out more. Hope new members are welcome into your crew - you all sound like you've been mates for years.

phantom
14th July 2004, 03:45 AM

Thanks Phantom - I'll have a good read through the posts to find out more. Hope new members are welcome into your crew - you all sound like you've been mates for years.

Sounds like you will fit right in with us nutters!:p;)

Nenah
14th July 2004, 06:07 AM
Yes, reading back through my posts I can see why you think that! Looking forward to the ice cream headache on Saturday.

weefossy
14th July 2004, 06:43 AM
Welcome on board Nenah:)
Yes, the "longstanding members" always welcome the new members. After all it's a new face to bore with all the old stories,of which I'm sure you will hear plenty on the Cullen Run:evil:;)

Kirsty
14th July 2004, 06:51 AM
Hi Nehah!! Nice to have a new face join us!!! I only joined about christmas time and everyone makes you feel very welcome!!! Look forward to seeing you at Cullen!!!

Julz
14th July 2004, 04:03 PM
Hi Nenah, just incase you couldn't find the hotel info, we are staying in the Grant Arms Hotel in Granton-on-Spey on the 24th, the number is 01479 872526 and if you state that you are with the Mini2 idiots booked under the name of Julia Anderson, you should get the reduced rate, if there are any rooms left!!:eek::D Good Luck!!:p

Nenah
14th July 2004, 07:25 PM

Hi Nenah, just incase you couldn't find the hotel info, we are staying in the Grant Arms Hotel in Granton-on-Spey on the 24th, the number is 01479 872526 and if you state that you are with the Mini2 idiots booked under the name of Julia Anderson, you should get the reduced rate, if there are any rooms left!!:eek::D Good Luck!!:p
Cheers for that Julz. I did managed to book a room which includes dinner too - sweet! Looking forward to hearing your Mini Meet stories and telling a few of my own. Thanks feveryone for your freindly welcome. :D

Gismo
14th July 2004, 10:29 PM
:dead: The inevitable has happened, i will miss the run :dead: going offshore on monday 19th, won't be home until the middle of August
Me Julie may still attend the run :dead:

Julz
14th July 2004, 10:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

:dead: The inevitable has happened, i will miss the run :dead: going offshore on monday 19th, won't be home until the middle of August

:(Bloomin' typical!!:( Sorry to hear that!!

Would be good if your Julie came though!!:D

3GGG
15th July 2004, 12:50 AM

That's a bummer :(

Can we not move the Cullen run forward to this weekend? ;):clown:

X30YES
15th July 2004, 04:08 AM
Not to worry Bonnie ....I'll be home on the 20th from The Brent Field and have your beer ..hehehe!!

phantom
15th July 2004, 04:11 AM

Booooooooo!:(

Jeff
15th July 2004, 05:40 AM
Afraid I won't make this one hope everybody has fun!!!

Willie M
15th July 2004, 03:14 PM

:(:(:( Nae luck Alan. Typical though, you offer to buy everyone beer on the Saturday night and then you sneak out on us ;) Hope Julie can make it, tell her to bring your wallet with her ;)

phantom
16th July 2004, 02:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

Afraid I won't make this one hope everybody has fun!!!

Booooooooooo! Again:(

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2004, 05:46 AM

ny152
17th July 2004, 06:19 AM
What time (roughly) should the Run finish at?

weefozzy Jr
17th July 2004, 08:50 AM
as i can see good old (hope they dont see that) mum and dad have let you all know that i have managed to get a room. my first cullen run, woooo hooo. i see we have a new member, welcome Nenah. so people i have some bad news i managed to blow one of the cables that gave us those amazing and interesting tunes at the red arrows (thanks kirsty for the tunes) so unless the new one comes soon it could be a quiet weekend (dont all jump for joy). so as u have stocked up on more beer in the hotel have they got red bull.

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2004, 06:54 PM
We should be at the hotel for about 6pm.

X30YES
17th July 2004, 08:28 PM
Mackies Ice Cream Run Pace notes Downloaded , printed , e mailed , copied , and Whisky Distillery location's highlighted , do Mackies do a Malt Cream Version ? !!!

Kirsty
18th July 2004, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefozzy Jr

as i can see good old (hope they dont see that) mum and dad have let you all know that i have managed to get a room. my first cullen run, woooo hooo. i see we have a new member, welcome Nenah. so people i have some bad news i managed to blow one of the cables that gave us those amazing and interesting tunes at the red arrows (thanks kirsty for the tunes) so unless the new one comes soon it could be a quiet weekend (dont all jump for joy). so as u have stocked up on more beer in the hotel have they got red bull.

"INTERESTING" choones?? :eek: Whatever do you mean?? :I I'll bring them again especially for you Neil so heres hoping your cables are sorted for the weekend!! HEE HEE!!!!:):p:cool:

minidriver#1
19th July 2004, 03:45 AM
i'm booked into the hotel, yuss. Wee Fossy, Martin, Ewan you better be ready to get muntered.

weefozzy Jr
19th July 2004, 07:49 AM
kj i couldnt of said it better :D, kirsty dont let me down as the cable is fixed. got electricuted twice, must remember to turn the power off before touching wires.:dead:. only 5 days to go. wooo hooo. bring on the vodka red bull.

Julz
19th July 2004, 04:10 PM

as i can see good old (hope they dont see that) mum and dad have let you all know that i have managed to get a room.

Don't worry, we knew!!:clown::p

Rick
19th July 2004, 09:46 PM
just a quick hello, back from a trip and calculating mileage etc for this run, I have a service coming up and I am doing Stelvio so I have to make sure it falls either side of that

Oh and need to check funds (will post this on M2 thread also)

Burple
19th July 2004, 11:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i'm booked into the hotel, yuss. Wee Fossy, Martin, Ewan you better be ready to get muntered.

Dammit... an you've already got that head start on bein' a Munter!! ;);):D:D

Bring on Uncle Jack!!!! :p:D:D:D:D:cool:

Nenah
20th July 2004, 07:12 AM

Hi John

Just to let you know I have booked my room at Grant Arms and will join the convoy leaving from Perth Broxden. I'm bringing my Aussie bloke with me too. Thanks! :D

john
20th July 2004, 07:57 AM

Hi John

Just to let you know I have booked my room at Grant Arms and will join the convoy leaving from Perth Broxden. I'm bringing my Aussie bloke with me too. Thanks! :D

Do we just call him Aussie bloke or does he have a name??:D

minidriver#1
20th July 2004, 08:23 AM
does anyone have stickers from the last one last year left over? i'm still looking for one because i never got mine :(

Monsta Mo Mini
20th July 2004, 04:42 PM
Bruce?;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
20th July 2004, 04:43 PM
...or mate?

...sorry I'm stooping to racial stereotypes here....

Jimmy fae Jockland

GAJ
20th July 2004, 05:14 PM
Fair dinkum MMM me old cobber!

Gismo
20th July 2004, 05:48 PM
Looks like i'll be drinking fosters now :D
By an amazing stroke of luck i will now be making the run :p disappointing for some i know :evil:

Julz
20th July 2004, 06:55 PM

Bruce?;):D

Remember, fish are friends, not food!!:p

Julz
20th July 2004, 08:28 PM
One more thing, which of you blokes are going to be manly enough to wear a skirt on saturday night??:)

And another thing....... I've just checked with the Grant Arms, and we will all be sitting down together, like a big happy family fur wur denner (translated - to eat ones' evening meal);):D

Duncan & Helen Stewart, it's ok for you both to join us for the meal!!:)

seany
21st July 2004, 12:42 AM
just doing the run now, no stay over, meant join yous for meal and drinks, working sunday am.

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2004, 12:45 AM
quote:
Remember, fish are friends, not food!!:p

You got a goldfish?;)

X30YES
21st July 2004, 04:24 AM
JOCK'S in Frock's ...or Trooooozzzzzzzzzz , can be arranged no problem Julz .

minidriver#1
21st July 2004, 08:10 AM
i'd have worn a kilt... if i had one.

Willie M
21st July 2004, 03:20 PM

By an amazing stroke of luck i will now be making the run :p disappointing for some i know :evil:
<Mutters under breath> Grrrrr!!! :evil::evil::mad: ;):clown:

Julz
21st July 2004, 04:28 PM

i'd have worn a kilt... if i had one.

Those without kilts are allowed to borrow a skirt from their mummy!!;):D

Duncan Stewart
21st July 2004, 04:37 PM
Duncan & Helen Stewart, it's ok for you both to join us for the meal!!:)

Cheers Julz, probably do that

Gismo
21st July 2004, 05:22 PM
One more thing, which of you blokes are going to be manly enough to wear a skirt on saturday night??:)
Ok, it fits, not quite like a glove :I so i'll be wearing my skirt 8) do we have to wear the full ensemble or will any top/shirt/blouse do :evil:;):p:eek:

Heather
21st July 2004, 05:30 PM
Oh I think the full kit would have to be worn;)

3GGG
21st July 2004, 05:31 PM
Those without kilts are allowed to borrow a skirt from their mummy!!;):D

Well if it is good enough for the First Minister...:clown:

Gismo
21st July 2004, 06:01 PM
I can't see where to download the route from :I

Heather
21st July 2004, 06:11 PM

Mini Martyn
21st July 2004, 06:35 PM
As i cant be bothered to look it up, what time are wee meeting at Perth? :D

Julz
21st July 2004, 08:44 PM

do we have to wear the full ensemble or will any top/shirt/blouse do :evil:;):p:eek:

Rob will be in skirt, jacobean shirt and timbys!!;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2004, 09:38 PM
Weather for Saturday isn't looking too clever...

http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/braemar.html

...lets hope it's wrong and we get Friday's weather instead!

Julz
21st July 2004, 09:58 PM
Aye, but when are they ever right?? I've no doubt John will have his shorts on regardless!!:eek::D

john
21st July 2004, 10:17 PM
Dont worry about downloading the directions as my lovely assistant has printed enough for everyone:)

and yes I will have on shorts:cool:

john
21st July 2004, 10:18 PM
Martyn you can meet when you want but we depart at 9am

Mini Martyn
21st July 2004, 11:01 PM

Martyn you can meet when you want but we depart at 9am

Wow thats early, means that i have got to get up at, at least 8am!!?? :D

Julz
21st July 2004, 11:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

No run would be the same without Martyn turning up late;)

phantom
22nd July 2004, 01:38 AM
I have a court order preventing me wearing womens clothing in public;)
So it will be jeans and T shirt for me:p

Heather
22nd July 2004, 02:33 AM
quote:

Only if you want a decent breakfast before you leave!:D

X30YES
22nd July 2004, 04:03 AM
Let Heather read the weather .....Cal !!!

bpirie1000
22nd July 2004, 04:20 AM
So How Many do we have in the convoy??

Just gave the old Mini a wee polish in prep for the run looking for some extra horses so watch out you s owners I'll be there with sooper doooper coooper power.

anyway Can we have a Rough estimate of Numbers. I would trawl the pages But ma connection isnt up to it..

what a thought up and leaving aberdeen at 7 On Ma Birthday... Grrrrrrrr

But worth it I think!!!!!!!

Brizeee

X30YES
22nd July 2004, 05:09 AM
reminds me of an old rugby song ..'Never mind the weather as long as we are together ............:D

Weather for Saturday isn't looking too clever...

http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/braemar.html

...lets hope it's wrong and we get Friday's weather instead!

X30YES
22nd July 2004, 05:31 AM
http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/UKXX/UKXX1333/index_c.html
Ballater looks better haha

Kirsty
22nd July 2004, 09:25 AM

kj i couldnt of said it better :D, kirsty dont let me down as the cable is fixed. got electricuted twice, must remember to turn the power off before touching wires.:dead:. only 5 days to go. wooo hooo. bring on the vodka red bull.

Me let you down Neil?? Never!! HEE HEE!!! Power OFF might be a good idea for next time tho!!!:cool:

Julz
22nd July 2004, 04:46 PM

I have a court order preventing me wearing womens clothing in public;)
So it will be jeans and T shirt for me:p

Och!! It's only for the evening, you don't have to wear it all say!!;)

Mini Martyn
22nd July 2004, 07:23 PM

Thats not fair, i was early for the last one, wasnt i Heather and Allen? :dead::p

Nenah
22nd July 2004, 08:16 PM

Fair suck of the sav!...Give the bloke a fair go!

You can call my Aussie bloke anything you like - Skip, Stevo, Wanyo, Cobber, Nipper...or you can call just him Jai.

This two pot screamer will see ya all Saturday - it gunna be a rip snorter of a bash and I'm looking forward to sinkin some tinnies with you deros. ;) Hooroo!

X30YES
22nd July 2004, 08:42 PM
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER :p

Thats not fair, i was early for the last one, wasnt i Heather and Allen? :dead::p

GAJ
22nd July 2004, 08:57 PM

You can call my Aussie bloke anything you like - Skip, Stevo, Wanyo, Cobber, Nipper...or you can call just him Jai.

This two pot screamer will see ya all Saturday - it gunna be a rip snorter of a bash and I'm looking forward to sinkin some tinnies with you deros. ;) Hooroo!

:question::question::question::question::question: :D;)

GAJ
22nd July 2004, 08:59 PM
:D
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

[quote]Originally posted by Nenah

:question::question::question::question::question: :question::question::question::question::question: :question:
I think I'll stick with Aussie bloke!;):D

X30YES
22nd July 2004, 09:05 PM
The wee chap has just had his bath, wheels scrubbed ,and was about to get the old vac out when I noticed the biggest poo ever:eek: all over the roof down the window and over the bunnet !!:(:mad:.....lesson to be had I guess ...Dont feed the Birds :p:D....

Julz
22nd July 2004, 09:43 PM

Looks like we've landed ourselves yet another nutcase, I can see you're going to fit in just fine here!!;):D

john
22nd July 2004, 11:33 PM

The wee chap has just had his bath, wheels scrubbed ,and was about to get the old vac out when I noticed the biggest poo ever:eek: all over the roof down the window and over the bunnet !!:(:mad:.....lesson to be had I guess ...Dont feed the Birds :p:D....

I see you have the car up for sale??Why???why??why??

Julz
22nd July 2004, 11:36 PM
Well folks, that's me!! Doubt I'll be back online today and I won't be on tomorrow, so I shall see you all bright and breezy on saturday morning!!:cool::D

phantom
23rd July 2004, 12:12 AM

Ya What!;):p:D:clown:

X30YES
23rd July 2004, 01:11 AM
Going to buy a Skoda ;)....JOKE!!!:D

X30YES
23rd July 2004, 01:40 AM
To be honest I had a Black JPS Capri 20 odd years ago and said I'd never have another Black car .....should have stuck to that as it's murder polis to keep clean :p....Do have the notion for the S ..if I can sell it that is :p

Going to buy a Skoda ;)....JOKE!!!:D

Gismo
23rd July 2004, 02:22 AM
Since we are so close to the run can we pretty please stay on topic, or, go create a new banter thread in OT&B ;)

Heather
23rd July 2004, 02:41 AM
Credit where credit is due. Martin was at the first meeting spot for arbroath before me and allan. If a little worse for wear;)

Brushy
23rd July 2004, 03:45 PM
Safe journey peeps, were setting off soon see some of you tonight and the rest tomorrow.............Alan hope this isn't ot;)

john
23rd July 2004, 05:27 PM

Safe journey peeps, were setting off soon see some of you tonight and the rest tomorrow.............Alan hope this isn't ot;)

No I think you are safe enough.it is in topic so Alan will be OK with it.:)

OH!! is this in topic though??:D:D

X30YES
23rd July 2004, 05:40 PM
NO Glasgow to Perth Convoy ?

Gismo
24th July 2004, 02:17 AM
Ok, that's the car washed and dried and put away before the rain starts :evil:

phantom
24th July 2004, 02:41 AM

Ok, that's the car washed and dried and put away before the rain starts :evil:

Ditto!:cool:

Heather
24th July 2004, 03:22 AM
Rain already started here! Let hope that washes it for me:D

phantom
24th July 2004, 03:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

Shocking bone idleness;):p:cool:

X30YES
24th July 2004, 03:50 AM
Rain :question:...not here in Strathaven ...yet , will garage the wee chap in case :D

minidriver#1
24th July 2004, 04:05 AM
Cars washed waxed and details, even managed to reduce the effect of the vandalism using a bit of magic. garaged too. cant wait.

DNV122
24th July 2004, 05:30 AM
Neighbours think I'm mad, chammy'ing the car at 8pm !!

All ready, including newly added 3pts on licence (baa humbug) - So I WILL be at the back (or at least behind Sh@z).

See you all @ 7am Duthie Perk (baa humbug 2)

minidriver#1
24th July 2004, 06:13 AM
is shaz comin?!

Gismo
24th July 2004, 06:33 AM
is shaz comin?!

Nope :(

Heather
24th July 2004, 06:33 AM

Shocking bone idleness;):p:cool:

Some of us DONT have a garage!

john
24th July 2004, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Neighbours think I'm mad, chammy'ing the car at 8pm !!

All ready, including newly added 3pts on licence (baa humbug) - So I WILL be at the back (or at least behind Sh@z).

See you all @ 7am Duthie Perk (baa humbug 2)

It was getting dark before I even started washing the car:D:cool:

Duncan Stewart
25th July 2004, 07:45 PM
What a superb run. :D Not had so much fun in ages :D What did you do John? use a magic spell to make the roads so empty? ;)
Hope you lot staying in the Hotel have recovered from you hangovers :eek:

seany
25th July 2004, 08:33 PM
nice run, thanks john

seany
25th July 2004, 08:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
What did you do John? use a magic spell to make the roads so empty? ;)
:eek:

2 cars and a sheep just missed us, you must be the luck one duncan

GAJ
25th July 2004, 09:28 PM
That's me back home. Well done John and everyone else who was involved with organisation! Excellent run.:D

I had a fantastic time, nice to be able to put faces to names as well as see all the usual suspects again. Nice to see so many folk making the effort to come up from Englandshire, our runs are better than yours!!

Looking forward to the next one!

phantom
25th July 2004, 11:32 PM
John, Julz, Alan, what can I say, words cannot say how much fun I had and to meet everyone was the best.
Night out was great to, copious amounts of pop was had by all, and great to see our Englandshire cousins.:D:D:D:D:D:D
Well I won me a T- shirt so I was made up.
Finally how much fun was the tractor ride:evil:

X30YES
26th July 2004, 01:25 AM
Just home also after another fab run , well done J and all the Southerners who made the effort to join us 'up north'...the cob web bash on Sunday morning to Gairngorm was fantastic and a great way to end the weekend on a 'high'..with great views from top top of the mountain ..... and the photos will be added to weshots asap (tech probs at present with the web site prevent up load )again TY all for another great weekend . Angus

3GGG
26th July 2004, 01:31 AM
For Broadband users - Cullen Slideshow in QuickTime Format (http://homepage.mac.com/braeside/Cullen_2004.mov) (Warning 5MB file)

Pictures only -

Click here (http://homepage.mac.com/braeside/PhotoAlbum16.html)

We had a great time, thanks to all for making it happen.:)

X30YES
26th July 2004, 01:51 AM
Cullen Pic's now up loading ....be ready after 18;00 ..for narrow band users ...hahahha

GAJ
26th July 2004, 02:17 AM
Excellent work, David. Not sure about the choon though!

Astrohaggis
26th July 2004, 02:40 AM
Brilliant run! :D:D:D I'm still grinning like a maniac! :p

Thanks John!

Nice to see all you lunatics again (my third NMS run - woohoo!).

john
26th July 2004, 02:48 AM
3GGG, as fantastic as we have come to expect from you by now :)

3GGG
26th July 2004, 03:01 AM
Sorry about the tune GAJ ! - Some of the lines seemed appropriate though - "You really got my tail in a spin" and "Life is a Rollercoaster" ...

phantom
26th July 2004, 03:12 AM
Great pics David, don't have broadband, but you got pics of me car so had to sent them to me mammy, as you do!;):D

The Dogfather
26th July 2004, 03:37 AM
John, well done for the run. It was a great day out shame we couldn't stay for a beer (or diet coke), far too knackered after the 5.50am start.

Looking forward to the next Epic....

Cheers, Paul and Jackie.

duncanbanana
26th July 2004, 03:45 AM
What a weekend ive just had !!!!!! I must agree with Jane , one of the best runs Ive been on !!!
Friday evening - Top BBQ Julz and Rob , sorry if i ate everything !!!
Saturday day - Top Run , even if i spent most of it trying to keep up with Zoooooom ,but i enjoyed every minute of it , and thanks for coming back and checking if i was ok when u lost sight of me ( me wheel nuts came loose had to stop )
Saturday Evening - Top entertainment and Tops Scottish Hospitality ( even if we didnt win much on the raffle and thanks for the passports
Sunday Day - Top trip to Aviemore ,
Again a really great weekend and deffo coming to any more Scottish Runs , cant wait. Thanks

saggy pants
26th July 2004, 04:00 AM
fork hen mint weekend - thanks everyone and see you all soon

Heather
26th July 2004, 04:18 AM
What a run:eek: First class roads and soooo quiet. Nice to meet up with everyone again and put more faces to names. Lots of zippy (but on the whole sensible) driving. The views were amazing but still not convinced the Mackies cows are happy.
Oh and thanks to Siobhan and malcolm for supplying me with tea and bikkies:D:D
Oh and did i just imagine i saw Mr Moffat at the beginning of the run but at none of the stops?

GAJ
26th July 2004, 05:11 AM

... still not convinced the Mackies cows are happy. Oh and did I just imagine i saw Mr Moffat at the beginning of the run but at none of the stops?

I'm with you on the cow front. I imagined them grazing in a field covered with daisies where the sun always shines. Very disappointing to see the reality.

And you didn't imagine seeing Willie - he was only at the start to bid us bon voyage!

Monsta Mo Mini
26th July 2004, 05:27 AM
Just like to echo what everyone else has been saying. Top weekend even if it was my first run as a passenger - thanks to GAJ for putting up with me! John, Alan & Julz - great job putting together another fantastic McMini Adventure!

Funniest moment was arriving at the farm having been "lost" to discover we'd missed getting soaked being taken up a hill on a trailer to see a tank of cowsh*t!

Movie and piccys will follow when I get a chance to upload them!

phantom
26th July 2004, 05:42 AM
Funniest moment was arriving at the farm having been "lost" to discover we'd missed getting soaked being taken up a hill on a trailer to see a tank of cowsh*t!

Well we thought it was a quality tank of cowsh*t;):clown::p

3GGG
26th July 2004, 06:08 AM
The LASER guided milking robot was something else - best to keep a safe distance from it though :eek::eek:;):D

sh@z
26th July 2004, 06:14 AM
laser guided milking robot

AHAHAHAHHAHA

that could get pretty scary!

Nenah
26th July 2004, 06:16 AM
Crikey! What a bonza weekend...fairdinkum what a beaut run! Thanks for making Jai and I feel so welcome on what is sure to be the first of many more runs to come. Who'd have thought in 24 hours you could clip a sheep and knock it for 6, catch a sure cold whilst being put off icecream for life, win a prize (or two!) in the raffle and live to tell the tale! Apologies for not getting a chance to say hooroo to many of you this morning - duty called. See you next time!

Kirsty
26th July 2004, 06:17 AM
What an absolutely fantastic weekend!!! HUGE thanks to John, Julz and Alan and whoever else I've forgotten for a brilliant weekend!!! Can we do it again can we can we can we!!!??? I thoroughly enjoyed every minute!! Especially the three hours sleep that i got at some point this morning!! HEE HEE!!!! My tummy muscles are still aching from all the laughing this weekend it really has been a scream!! Have to agree with the milking thingy it was incredible!!!

Jules
26th July 2004, 06:49 AM
brilliant weekend had a ball, funniest bit for me though had to be the tractor trip up that hill! thought I was in the middle of a terrible nightmare at one point! All that just to see some quality cow...t! Can't wait to see the pics of those lovely jerseys with the mini's. sorry we could'nt manage to stagger along the road to meet up with everyone at the hotel, we were just too knackered, must have been all the lovely country air on that hill! looking forward to the next run.

weefozzy Jr
26th July 2004, 07:09 AM
john, julz and alan thank you so much. a great weekend, as you can see by the thread everyone enjoyed it. i need the address of the hotel as i left my boiler suit, wellies and velcro gloves in the room. well apart from the come down of the red bull all is well. i know what u mean kirsty my jaw hurts from laughing so much. i also think there should be a ban on bad pun's at mini meets, they were churned out all weekend and made some of the new members a bit sheepish, but after ramming a fews drinks down there necks they seemed ok. so next time ewe's better behave and take the wee lambs udder your wings.
quotes of the run:
" can i butter ur biscuits hen"
" if you take it to the edge it pushes back"
"can you blow on your own instrument"
" i'll put tac's in the road"
" i'm a silly bint so i will shut the bar at 11"

thanks again weefozzy jr.

Brushy
26th July 2004, 07:36 AM
846 miles and why am I not in bed at 11 30?? Cos I'm still on a high:D:D

Nuff said me thinks;)

minidriver#1
26th July 2004, 07:40 AM
this was amazingly good fun. i had a blast and i'm still smiling about it. i keep getting flashbacks from sat night. what a great run and a great night and good to see some money being raised for the good causes too.

It was good to see and talk to everyone again and put faces to the names of those on the mini2 and the nms sites. sorry for not getting up this morning but i was feeling a bit rough, i feel a bit guilty about that. would have been good to come along on the day trip today and thanks Kirsty for trying to get us outta our beds this morning.

Finally thanks to those involved in organising something special. i definately appreciate / appreciated it.

Eager for the next run and cant wait to see everyone again.

Wul
26th July 2004, 03:53 PM
Sounds like you've outdone youself again John (Zooooom) you realise your just making your job harder for next year! :p

Glad you all had a good time folks! :)

john
26th July 2004, 04:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sounds like you've outdone youself again John (Zooooom) you realise your just making your job harder for next year! :p

Glad you all had a good time folks! :)

:IThanks you made me blush:I

I came home and went straight to the PC and posted some details of next years run:)then two minutes later after realising how stupit that was I deleted it:Dneed to chill a while first.:)

chrome
26th July 2004, 04:43 PM
Wow! Amazing weekend!!! my first visit to Scotland! A huge 900 mile round trip!!!!

First of all thanks to Julz and Rob for a great BBQ (your a top chef Rob)

Thanks to Zoooooooooooooooooooooom & Bonnie and anyone who help organise an amazing run!!! Zoooooooooom, you drive like the Devil

Angus - Your one mad driver!!!!

Mellow Yellow - Loosing Bubblegoose was awesome!!!!!!

Huge thanks to everyone else that made this such a great weekend!!!

Thanks for the passport, a lovely thought

**Put me down for next year**

Cheers Ant

X30YES
26th July 2004, 05:46 PM
You dont have to be Mad ...but it helps !!
quote:Originally posted by chrome

Wow! Amazing weekend!!! my first visit to Scotland! A huge 900 mile round trip!!!!

First of all thanks to Julz and Rob for a great BBQ (your a top chef Rob)

Thanks to Zoooooooooooooooooooooom & Bonnie and anyone who help organise an amazing run!!! Zoooooooooom, you drive like the Devil

Angus - Your one mad driver!!!!

Mellow Yellow - Loosing Bubblegoose was awesome!!!!!!

Huge thanks to everyone else that made this such a great weekend!!!

Thanks for the passport, a lovely thought

**Put me down for next year**

Cheers Ant

Mini Martyn
26th July 2004, 06:01 PM
Finaly managed to get home and now in the office reminising of the weekend, it was FANTASTIC!! Thank you very much John, Alan and Julz for what was the bestestest run ever!!.

Meeting all the Geezers from down south was fantastic what a great laugh, cant wait to go down for on of your runs guys and i promise that I wont break any seats next time!! :I

Thank you John for waiting for me on the trip to Aberbeen - my car is booked in for a service (and some nos so that i can keep up).

Again what a fantastic run, I just hope that I am allowed out for the next one as I am off this weekend to pick up my girlfreind from london for us to move in together!! (its all down hill from now i hear?!) ;):D

Time to go and do some work just wanted to express my gratitude to every one!

Oh and what a raffel, the prizes went down a treet!!! :p

See you all soon!!

Monsta Mo Mini
26th July 2004, 06:09 PM
quote:Oh and what a raffel, the prizes went down a treet!!!

<hic!>:D:clown::I

Yesterday....:dead::sleepy:

Astrohaggis
26th July 2004, 06:42 PM
I too am glad I missed the big tank of cowsh*t, spectacular or otherwise!

Got my pics online at last. First off are some cows - as they all should be! I loved the way they all wandered over to see our MINIs!

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v235/kroothaggis/MINI/Cullen05.jpg

Cow1 "I see a MINI"
Cow2 "I see some udder MINIs"
Cow3 "There's a whole herd of them"
Cow4 "Why aren't they moooooving?"
(*ahem* I'll stop now!:I)

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v235/kroothaggis/MINI/Cullen02.jpg

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v235/kroothaggis/MINI/Cullen01.jpg

Russell Crowe is amazed by the number of MINIs!

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera for some of the best moments, like that guy taking his pony for a walk, the humping dog, Julz and Kirsty weeing in the street (!) and that barry motor with one different alloy!!!

interceptor
26th July 2004, 06:50 PM
Well as Posted on MINI2-Would like to Post here aswell!!

Hello-Well just to add to all the Previous comments aswell!!

Great run to be had!
Was worth the journey up there!
Again thanks to all the organisers and for the Hospitality :)

Here a a few Pics :D

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39448.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39449.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39450.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39451.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39452.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39453.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39454.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39456.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39457.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/39458.jpg

Thanks again

Si.

X30YES
26th July 2004, 08:23 PM
missed the sh** as well...but been in it often enough to know what it would be like , it must have been a mooooving sight and will pull the udder one now and go milk some old jokes in my new Jersey..good pics Ben ..Angus

MartinSullivan
26th July 2004, 10:12 PM
There is a report in the Aberdeen Evening Express - of a massive wave of vandalism in Cullen on Saturday night/sunday morning - wasnt any of you lot was it? :eek:

Its on page 15 if you dont believe me

john
26th July 2004, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

There is a report in the Aberdeen Evening Express - of a massive wave of vandalism in Cullen on Saturday night/sunday morning - wasnt any of you lot was it? :eek:

Its on page 15 if you dont believe me

We were in Grantown on Spey by then and we have an alibie.Just ask the old bag at our hotel she is nice and will vouch for us (NOT)!!

phantom
27th July 2004, 12:02 AM
Just say it how it is John, must agree though, we could have put wedgies of cash behind the bar:p
She proberbly needed her beauty sleep, and by heck, she would have to get some:evil:

Brushy
27th July 2004, 01:24 AM

Just say it how it is John, must agree though, we could have put wedgies of cash behind the bar:p
She proberbly needed her beauty sleep, and by heck, she would have to get some:evil:
Was she the one who fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down only to land in a heap of bad attitude................thought so:(

seany
27th July 2004, 03:16 AM

What a run:eek: First class roads and soooo quiet. Nice to meet up with everyone again and put more faces to names. Lots of zippy (but on the whole sensible) driving. The views were amazing but still not convinced the Mackies cows are happy.
Oh and thanks to Siobhan and malcolm for supplying me with tea and bikkies:D:D
Oh and did i just imagine i saw Mr Moffat at the beginning of the run but at none of the stops?

what did happin to mr moffat, seen at begainne and not on break or the end.

GAJ
27th July 2004, 04:23 AM
Willie couldn't come along due to other commitments, but couldn't keep away so came to Broxden to wave us all off! And bring the cable ties!

Kirsty
27th July 2004, 05:51 AM
Just reading everyones comments brings it all back!!! Along with the uncontrolable laughter!!!! REALLY can't wait til next year!!!! Briliant pictures too!!! I successfully managed to leave my camera in the car all weekend so unfortunately missed some really good shots but glad other caught them!!!!

DNV122
27th July 2004, 06:15 AM
Too tired to log on yesterday - I left Cairngorm, stopped in Aviemore to say hello to my sister and got to Drum Castle for the Teddy Bear's Picnic in 1 1/2 hrs (frm Aviemore) - the drive was outrageous - I have found heaven reincarnated as a road.

Best bit was taking a motor bike on the Brig o Brown uphill section ! YaaaMoooo

Thanks to all for organising and its great meeting you this way - so glad I didn't go on the tractor/cowsh*t ride

Julz
27th July 2004, 05:03 PM
I've come into work today for a bit of rest and some peace and quiet!!

Cheers to all who came on friday, Phillip is missing you already.... cheers Anand for not stealing Millie;) and the best bit was contemplating having to tidy up on saturday morning before we left to discover there was nothing to tidy!!;):D

As already said on mini2, cheers John for a fantastic day and a big thanks to Susan for all the little details like my fnatastic new t-shirt that does not require batteries!!;):D

Now, Cullen 2005........:approve:

Burple
27th July 2004, 07:31 PM
Wow...
That's me just back at work this morning..
Finally got home ot me bed at about 1 am last night.
We stayed for another night at the Grant Arms, I think they were a bit underwhelmed... they only had 4 guests for Dinner on Sunday night, so they cancelled it and gave us a refund! Sweet!

What more can I say - you've all beat me to it! Fantastic weekend, roads, banter, people... all the usual suspects! And good to see the new faces too... and all you southerners! Good on ya for making the effort! Now you have to organise something in the same league for us to come down to!!

The best roads again John, and Julz, wait till you see the pics of our room!! ;););)
Massive thanks to all youse involved in organising this again! I'm still grinning! Where are we going next year???????

The road from Grantown up to Nairn is awesome!!! (hint hint!!) We discovered that one on Sunday...

I would say we had a more sedate trip back down yesterday, but I'd be fibbing...
I don't think the two Dutch blokes on mo-bikes were too impressed when we overtook them on the wee road down the quiet side of Loch Ness... :I:D;)
same with the guy in the Porsche 944 that couldn't shake us coming down thru Glencoe... snigger :I He stopped playing when he realised he couldn't get away! :eek::blackeye::p:D:D

So where and when can we see the pics of Mackies and us driving thru the cowsh*t erm... Sheds?? ;)

anybody wanna buy a kidnapped calf?? how cute were they?????? :I:D:D:D

Krusty
28th July 2004, 12:27 AM
Grantown to Nairn road is fab - I learned to drive on it:D

john
28th July 2004, 12:29 AM
It cant be that good then!:D

Julz
28th July 2004, 12:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

Did your learner car have to have rubber bumpers??:D:p

Mini Martyn
28th July 2004, 12:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

So you learnt stick shift?? ;)

Richard
28th July 2004, 05:27 AM
Many thanks to all the organisers of this run - you did yourselves proud:approve::approve:. Even the Scttish weather kept itself at bay and knew better than to spoil a great day of driving.:D:D

Willie M
28th July 2004, 04:00 PM
Great to read the reports folks, only makes Linda and I more sorry that we missed it :( Glad you all had such a fun time though :approve:

Was good to see some of you (all too briefly) at Broxden on Saturday morning. Must admit there was a wee tear in my eye as I watched you all drive off :( <sniff>.

A BIG well done to John, Susan, Julz & Alan for a job well done. Now, what ya got planned for next year? ;) See y'all soon :cool:

speedd
28th July 2004, 09:05 PM
(Already posted on MINI2) :blackeye:

well hellloooooo weeeeeeeee people

Got back in last night late after a quick stop to see relatives in Leicester .. All those great Scottish people and roads and then FAMILY again .. o well as you can choose your friends

Firstly thanks to me Julzzz and her top man Rob.. was that your name and also weeee Phillip you guys were just great even if DuncanK and the NW lot ate all your food and Brushy drank all your Beer(but he did bring a new box)

Great house and great hospitality.. what more can i say there apart from giv ussss ya catzzzzzz .. here kittyy kitttyyyyyy kittyyyyyyyy

Zooominderrrrr we finally meet and moooooooweeeee what a belly you have there nearly as big as the porker . On a serious note mate it was a great run and thanks to you and ALL your helpers.

I must say THIS WAS THEeeeee BEST run we have been on and what great hospitality you weeee skirt wearers put on . The raffle seemed a tad bit fixed or us southerners were just tight and bought a couple of pounds worth of tickets .. and who said the northerners are tight

I was the weeeeeee weeeeeeeee weeeeeeeee (julz and Kirsty does that ring a bell ) LAST SOUTHERN MAN standing after the last pub and honoured to be the representative of the Southern brigade .
Cheers for the post cards at the hotel and I promise to use them when i next go on holiday with my NEW passport.

Mackies and Mr Tractor driver.. if you are reading this then I want a REFUND.. me weee hats gone and I have a COLD....

will post more but the BOSSSS woman wants to get on so just to reiterate..

GREAT RUN AND GREAT FOLKS.. i'll be coming up in me new kilt soon so lock your cats and bring out the Hagggis with 2 scoops of Mackies

thanks once again for having us

:clown:

speedd
30th July 2004, 04:00 AM
ok i've put some pictures up

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42210&page=49&pp=15

Monsta Mo Mini
30th July 2004, 05:18 AM
The Official NMS Slideshow is now online at http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/cullen_3.html
Enjoy!