PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello!

johnlewis99
25th February 2003, 08:10 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello. I have only been a MINI owner for a couple of weeks (2-13-03) But had wanted one since seeing one in Inverness, March of last year.It just one of those cars that you either love or hate the looks of....I was hooked on the first look. Withen the last two months, we finally got MINI dealers in North Texas and still there isnt very many to go around. MY MINI Cooper is the Pure Silver color w/black rooftop,Sun roof,16inch 5 spoke/run flats,black leather seats.

miniscot00
25th February 2003, 09:09 PM
Welcome on board John. I see from your profile that you got married in Letham, fife. Was it at Fernie Castle by any chance? I got married there in 2001. Wonderful place - fairytale castle!

Willie M
25th February 2003, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by johnlewis99

I have only been a MINI owner for a couple of weeks

Hi John,
Congrats on your new Cooper. Believe me the fun has only just begun :) Anyone for heading over to Texas to meet up with John? :cool:Wishing you many happy miles of MINI motoring,

Willie

johnlewis99
26th February 2003, 06:05 AM
You are indeed correct Miniscot00! Fernie castle is where we were married, and it is a very nice place, the staff makes one feel very welcome and it has nice scenery for wedding photos. I was a bit leary of the suggestion of standing on that little rickity platform they have in the edge of the pond in the rear of the castle lol.(Didnt want to end up on "Scotland's funniest home videos") I traded a bunch of police patches and stuff with a Sergent at the Cupar station while in the area. I loved the whole trip..both my wife and I are of Scot ancestery so it was special to us. We are going to come back in a year or two.(and yes, I do own a Kilt :)
And Wille M, thankyou for the congrats..and yes, if any of you decide to vacation in Texas we can be a tour guide! I do that at times as a member Of the International police Association when officers from other countries come to Tx. It does help to have a person on the other end that can cut though the confusion of a strange place/road system/things to see ect.
This week I have been trying the Mini out in ice/snow....But she handles it as well as anything I have driven!:)

Willie M
26th February 2003, 05:04 PM
:)Cheers John. If I make it out to Texas one day I know who to call:cool: Goes without saying that your good lady and yourself would always be made more than welcome over this side of the pond. I'm know that I, and the others on the NewMiniScotland scene, would be willing and able guides :)

miniscot00
26th February 2003, 06:00 PM
John - I know the jetty you're talking about. Our photographer seemed to have a thing about it too:D

johnlewis99
6th March 2003, 12:03 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290623833
Hi All!
I posted pics of my MINI and some police MINI's on the Sony image station picture hosting site

Julz
6th March 2003, 06:37 AM
Fantastic! Do those police minis follow you on mini runs with or without the lights flashing??:p

Gismo
6th March 2003, 06:39 AM
Nice cars and police with common sense, a rare sight

Bonnie Scotland

johnlewis99
6th March 2003, 10:10 AM
http://lavender.fortunecity.com/westside/563/cars/mirabel.htm

The above website has more shots of the MINI's that Mirabel Canada uses...they also use the VW new Beetle. Now, so far I havent been a really bad boy in m'MINI(Im still in the break in period :) But it does seem to like 125kph as a cruse speed.

Julz
7th March 2003, 05:25 AM
Now, I wasn't too keen on Quebec, but at least the police have some taste!

johnlewis99
7th March 2003, 07:00 AM
Im far from a expert on Canada...ive been there two times, Niagra Falls two years ago and Vancouver British Columbia this past week. They are more friendly around Niagra, and all the road signs are UK style, and the highways are "Queen's Highway" and a number, even the police uniforms are UK similar.In British Columbia the only thing UK like is some of the street names.What a sullen lot!My wife and I had all the Vancouver we could take in about 3 hrs.(we simply didnt have enough tattoos and facial piercings to fit in):)
Now Quebec(the city) is just fine (if you speak French)according to my step son that went to colledge just across the border from there.
If you dont speak French...you will get rude treatment from some of the locals.(just picture the french Guard in Monty Pyton's Holy Grail movie..."leave before I taunt'a you again")

Julz
8th March 2003, 05:04 AM
Niagra falls, the biggest let down of my life! It's not as big as you think boys! Toronto, my favourite city in the world! Quebec, unless you're willing to tip 2000000% and get moaned at if you don't, dinnae bother going!:I

minidriver#1
8th March 2003, 09:36 AM
the closest to Canada i been is Maine, and that was brilliant. Love to go to Canada though.

Linda M
8th March 2003, 11:00 PM
Vancover is just awesome :)

Linda M
8th March 2003, 11:04 PM
John, I was just wondering with you getting married in Scotland do you have any ties here ie, is your wife Scottish ? Or did you just decide to get married here ?

johnlewis99
9th March 2003, 04:26 AM
Hi LindaM!
My great granfather was from Scotland,and I was fortunate to spend a good deal of time with him as a child. Also my wife's family came from the Mussleburgh area 4 gens ago. So we thought it would be a nice homage to our ancestors to be married in Scotland.

Linda M
9th March 2003, 10:40 PM
I understand now :)
I'm American and was born in Maryland, Washington DC. My folks came back to Scotland when I was 5 but I've kept my citizenship as one day we would like to go back to live. We've done quite a bit of the States but never been to your area.