PDA

View Full Version : Shaz's black coop (now repaired)

Wul
6th October 2003, 05:41 PM
On saturday night parked outside foutain park in the kwik-fit parking spaces.

popped into that waikiki beach place for a pint - that has got to be the CHESSEYEST (spelling!!??) pub in the world! badly decorated - tacky music and all the staff in bikini's and swim suits - now wait a minute maybe it wasn't so bad after all!:D

An atempt to re-create newcastles baha beach club in edinburgh - however it's still attracting the same clientell as brannigans did so it won't be long till the fighting starts!:blackeye:

KenL
6th October 2003, 07:03 PM
My wife was at that place as well the other week. Someone from her work got some freebies or something. She agreed that it was mega tacky and the free drink they got was some watered down juice that was supposed to be a cocktail!

Anyway glad to hear Shaz's car is back on the road.

john
8th October 2003, 12:11 AM
Shaz'z car is not finnished yet!!

I have just spoken to him.

Monsta Mo Mini
8th October 2003, 12:47 AM
The car in question belongs to a lad who lives up near GAJ's maw n paw by the Jewel.

Don't they have the heating turned up full blast in waikiki beach...to give it that genuine tropical feel...but then so does Middies on Easter Road. :D

Wul
8th October 2003, 01:04 AM
Well by jove i stand corrected! Very simleer spec then! Oh well better go and look for some-one else :(

As for waikiki beach - the temporary plywood floor gives it a real beach hut feel! Don't think they'd turned the heating up - like the buses in summer time it's constantly stuck at max! :D

GAJ
8th October 2003, 01:08 AM
Don't let my mum and dad hear you say that they live by the Jewel!:eek:
They live in Durham/Duddingston, don't you know?;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
8th October 2003, 01:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Well by jove i stand corrected! Very simleer spec then! :D

Looks exactly the same!:D

sh@z
9th October 2003, 08:17 PM
im not back on the road yet :(

umm in about a week/ten days i should be "hopefully"

in the meantime got a red mini one to kick about in.. so keep an eye out :)

minidriver#1
9th October 2003, 08:21 PM
how long in total has it been in?

Monsta Mo Mini
9th October 2003, 09:07 PM
They didn't write it off then!!! Martyn said he'd seen it in the workshop and the whole front end was gone!:eek:

minidriver#1
10th October 2003, 01:21 AM
at least Shaz'll have a hand built car.

sh@z
10th October 2003, 02:26 AM
heh... yeah monsta.. i got the pics...

they had disassembled it all to survey damage/estimate etc etc, engine was out.. all panels off blah heh...

KJ: its been in the bodyshop for like.... 2-3 odd months.. holdup being insurance. They have only been workin on it for the last 2 weeks/week and a half or so which isnt that long considering how busy they been and the work they put in... insurance gave the go ahead so late cos of the fkin bodyshop not being one of their approved ones and havin to send an engineer out and all that lark ... took em 4 weeks jus to send a engineer out to check the car :/.

Hand built yeh.. i jus want it back :/... its not in bad shape now tho.. went to see it on monday (1st time i had seen it in person ... painfull heh)

anyhow speak to u guys soon :)

Willie M
10th October 2003, 03:53 PM
Good to hear you'll have your car back soon Sh@z, hopefully see you on the road again soon :cool: