PDA

View Full Version : DVLA Cherished Transfers

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2005, 07:12 PM
Why is it that the DVLA are happy to take your £400 to purchase a cherished plate in the first place, but when you go to change your car they take three frikkin weeks to do a simple transfer from the car the plate was on to the new car you are buying.:mad::mad: My mortgage application was quicker. I've had passport applications approved quicker.

It's nuts. And unfair.:mad::eek::disapprove::mad::eek:

Julz
17th November 2005, 07:22 PM
I went into the local DVLA branch in Dundee and my transfer was done within the week, oviously you're needing yours done quickly whereas I wasn't too fussed, always the way it seems to work!!:evil:;):clown:

Scottie
17th November 2005, 07:23 PM
Well to be honest I think it depends on where you stay and what dealer you get.

Cause up here @ Inverness all the car garages are just a 1 minute walk away from the DVLA. I've managed work my way through quite a few of the garages up here:I and never had a problem.

However down the central belt think the nearest DVLA is Edinburgh.

I think it will also depend on the relationshop between dealer and DVLA I know up here it matters anyway :)

Scottie
17th November 2005, 07:26 PM
Also I just bought DO51 GGY:I:I:cool: for our wee 4x4 for the dogs. Got the form for the purchase Allan went along to the DVLA and got the transfer new tax disc etc etc with a couple or hours.

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2005, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I went into the local DVLA branch in Dundee and my transfer was done within the week, oviously you're needing yours done quickly whereas I wasn't too fussed, always the way it seems to work!!:evil:;):clown:

It was driving me nukkin futs! The car was sitting in the dealer compound just waiting for us and we we in the hands of some argumentative gassbag in a government quango with a god complex. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm never transfering again. I'll put the plate on retention, then transfer to new car when I'm good and ready next time. But it shouldn't be that way.:mad:

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2005, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Also I just bought DO51 GGY:I:I:cool: for our wee 4x4 for the dogs. Got the form for the purchase Allan went along to the DVLA and got the transfer new tax disc etc etc with a couple or hours.

WHAT THE F***!?! A couple of hours!?!

That's it. I'm moving to inverness.

Cool plate Fiona!;);)

Crombers
17th November 2005, 09:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

WHAT THE F***!?! A couple of hours!?!

That's it. I'm moving to inverness.

Cool plate Fiona!;);)

Crombers
17th November 2005, 09:46 PM
Above should have had quote -

Another cool plate Fi :approve:

Duncan Stewart
17th November 2005, 10:28 PM
Calm down :eek: ;) At least you have the beast now :p Found any mud and snow to play with it in yet :cool: :D

Craig
18th November 2005, 01:44 AM
the problem is probably at Edinburgh office as I found out today that they no longer do retention applications over the counter. They take between 7 to 10 days!!

If you wanted to put a number on retention, you used to be able to go in with your application, V5 etc and get a year specific reg there and then so that you could sell your car, but not now..

another government service going downhill...;)

Clare1
18th November 2005, 02:00 AM
:eek: DVLA.....Slow? :eek: Haha, surley not! :eek:

DVLA can be our worst nightmares! Seems to be the same everywhere.

The DVLA can take up to 10 working days for Cherished Transfers and since Sept, 7 Working Days for Retentions. This is to try and reduce the Q times as they were anything from 20 mins to over an hour.

It can depend on the DVLA Local Office and Staff on Transfer times etc, but at the dealer we do everything we can to chase the DVLA and try to hurry up the process....

euan
18th November 2005, 03:34 AM
The last time I did this the dealer did everything, but it was still 3 days late. I usually put the plate on retention if I know I'm changing cars, more paperwork, more cost, but you get the car faster. I agree, it's not the way to do it, but much less stressful than dealing with the DVLA.

AndyP & Lenore
18th November 2005, 04:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Calm down :eek: ;) At least you have the beast now :p Found any mud and snow to play with it in yet :cool: :D

I wish. All the mud is frozen.

We went up to Livingston today to pick something up for our caravan and it was a great drive. it has sooooooo much more power than our M Class. :D:D Luvvin it!:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th November 2005, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

The last time I did this the dealer did everything, but it was still 3 days late. I usually put the plate on retention if I know I'm changing cars, more paperwork, more cost, but you get the car faster. I agree, it's not the way to do it, but much less stressful than dealing with the DVLA.

Thats what we are going to do next time - stick it on retention. It may also take 7 days, but so what? At least the dealer will be able to register the new car at any time they wish to suit handover day. ;)

Mini Me
18th November 2005, 04:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

but at the dealer we do everything we can to chase the DVLA and try to hurry up the process....

Loosly translated this means we send Clare ,whe gets her bits oot and doesny leave until they have done it ;):eek::blackeye::evil:

AndyP & Lenore
18th November 2005, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by Clare1

but at the dealer we do everything we can to chase the DVLA and try to hurry up the process....

Loosly translated this means we send Clare ,whe gets her bits oot and doesny leave until they have done it ;):eek::blackeye::evil:

Surely that doesn't work when she's facing a hairy-faced 120 year old hag with a god complex of galaxian proportions.;):D

Mini Me
18th November 2005, 05:31 AM
Like looking in the mirror :p

AndyP & Lenore
18th November 2005, 05:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Like looking in the mirror :p

ROFLMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D