PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Gear lastnight.....

zimbo
15th November 2005, 10:12 PM
Anybody else see fifth gear lastnight? The part about the difference in power gained between supermarket unleaded fuel, BP ultimate & Optimax. The difference in power on basic cars like their new style clio was nothing BUT the difference with the new scooby was amazing Optimax gave it an extra 14bhp above what the supermarket unleaded did.... :eek: so it just goes to show that optimax really does make a difference on high performance cars. So 'S's should get a wee bit more oooomph too. :D

The Dogfather
15th November 2005, 10:13 PM
BP's ultimate didn't do as well Shell Optimax even though is supposed to be of a higher octane.

BTW I only use fuel with an octane of 99 or over :D;)

Scottie
15th November 2005, 10:25 PM
If I had a £ for every time I have tried to tell folk about the difference in Optimax and Unleaded in Scotland I would be rich.

BP sell their fuel BP Ultimate @ 97 ron this is a minimum research
RON not a maximum RON.

In otherwards ultimate could be 98RON or even 100 RON who knows.

Both Shell & BP have additives that they use which makes the product either Optimax or Ultimate and part of this product is a RON enhancer
so it could be argued that Shell's additive obviously must enhance the RON more.

Ah but in Scotland you have the case of both companies using the same fuel and the same additive yet Shell market the product as 98 RON country wide e'mmmmmmm think Shell are taking a risk there.

Do I make sense:) probably not:I

Gismo
15th November 2005, 10:45 PM
I did watch it, funny thing was, how could VBH get so emotional about driving blind, she was actually greeting under her helmet :p

Julz
15th November 2005, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I did watch it, funny thing was, how could VBH get so emotional about driving blind, she was actually greeting under her helmet :p

I greet with my eyes shut when Rob's driving!!;):D It must be horrible though, most people will never do such speeds when they can see, never mind with a visor covered in duct tape!!:eek::p Not my idea of fun, even if you are on a huge runway with all the safety stuff, it's still dark! Infact, I suppose it would be like driving a mini at 150+mph on a dark night the headlights are so crap!:D (ah a distant memory!!;):clown:)