PDA

View Full Version : My gripe for today!!!

Julz
15th November 2005, 05:32 PM
Well, for last night really! Lazy sods in Tescos who can't be bothered to walk 20m to put their trolleys away and just leave them! Considering how windy it was last night there were trolleys going everywhere!!:mad: Grrr!!

That and people who are turning right in 3 miles so they stay in the right hand lane of the Kingsway doing 40mph!:disapprove: Big yellow car behind you = MOVE!!:sleepy::clown:

T6 KFR
15th November 2005, 06:32 PM
Thats Blair folk for you;)

Burple
15th November 2005, 06:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Well, for last night really! Lazy sods in Tescos who can't be bothered to walk 20m to put their trolleys away and just leave them! Considering how windy it was last night there were trolleys going everywhere!!:mad: Grrr!!

That and people who are turning right in 3 miles so they stay in the right hand lane of the Kingsway doing 40mph!:disapprove: Big yellow car behind you = MOVE!!:sleepy::clown:

Ooh Ooh.. Me too! Me too!
Almost as bad as the idiots who park in disabled spaces..
My favourite thing to do is walk past them when they're getting out of their car and remark quite loudly "It's obviously not a PHYSICAL disability then!"
...yeah.. make sure there's no disabled badge on the car first tho! :D:D

It's the same with people driving along Riverside as well Julz.. :mad::mad::blackeye: They come off the roundabout in Tesco, and because they're turning right in about a mile, they stay in the right hand lane doing 30, even tho the two lanes merge back into one well before te turn..... idiots...

:D:D:D:D

Julz
15th November 2005, 06:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Thats Blair folk for you;)

Thank goodness I'm no one of them then!!;):D

monkimagic
15th November 2005, 07:56 PM
Diabled parking is a pet hate of mine, lazy good for nothing fools, in France they have signs that say " Take my space, take my disability "

Scottie
15th November 2005, 08:14 PM
to be honest want to know what my gripe of today is.

The recent downtime of NMS:mad:

Always seems to happen when I'm at work:disapprove: making for a very long day.

Worse it's not back up until the next morning:(

Come on guys GET IT FIXED:D:):kiss:

Burple
15th November 2005, 09:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Hey... That's the sort of thing that can't be helped.. :p
You have to remember that none of this is Calum's (or anyone else on here's) full time job, it's all done in spare time, so if things break, yes, it's a problem, but one that has to be sorted when Calum has the time, and what with life, work, the wee man and NMS, I'm sure he's got a lot on just now :)
If the servers are rebooted at that time of night, then that's the way it is for now, and we have to understand that and be patient!
If we weren't so darn popular, then things would work seamlessly all the time :p
It's a privelidge for us all to be here, not a right, no-one pays membership fees, it's all voluntary remember :D

The next time it breaks, why not try
www.fark.com or learn how to Swear in a foreign language? (http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/index.htm), Check out Mental Discharge (http://www.mentaldischarge.com/?section=index). how about some Weebl and Bob? (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/) or some more silliness at eBaum's World? (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml) Or how about some excellent Kitty cat pics? (http://www.amazingcatcollection.com/)

Or if you're feeling REALLY brave.. spend some time on my favourite Lowbrow.com (http://www.lowbrow.com/index.html) and just keep hitting the refresh button!

Not having a go Fi, but there ain't that many people on here who can see things from the other side of the equation :p
Enjoy the links!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Scottie
15th November 2005, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Hey... That's the sort of thing that can't be helped.. :p
You have to remember that none of this is Calum's (or anyone else on here's) full time job, it's all done in spare time, so if things break, yes, it's a problem, but one that has to be sorted when Calum has the time, and what with life, work, the wee man and NMS, I'm sure he's got a lot on just now :)
If the servers are rebooted at that time of night, then that's the way it is for now, and we have to understand that and be patient!
If we weren't so darn popular, then things would work seamlessly all the time :p
It's a privelidge for us all to be here, not a right, no-one pays membership fees, it's all voluntary remember :D

The next time it breaks, why not try
www.fark.com or learn how to Swear in a foreign language? (http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/index.htm), Check out Mental Discharge (http://www.mentaldischarge.com/?section=index). how about some Weebl and Bob? (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/) or some more silliness at eBaum's World? (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml) Or how about some excellent Kitty cat pics? (http://www.amazingcatcollection.com/)

Or if you're feeling REALLY brave.. spend some time on my favourite Lowbrow.com (http://www.lowbrow.com/index.html) and just keep hitting the refresh button!

Not having a go Fi, but there ain't that many people on here who can see things from the other side of the equation :p
Enjoy the links!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I understand all that you say LnL and agree also I like your links:)

but

I am allowed a wee gripe now and then.;)

It's only human nature to go " OH b00ll0cks the site is down again and have a cry about it.:I:clown:

The thing is I'm addicted and when it's taken away from me I cannae stand it.:)

Burple
15th November 2005, 10:29 PM
quote:
I understand all that you say LnL and agree also I like your links:)
but
I am allowed a wee gripe now and then.;)
It's only human nature to go " OH b00ll0cks the site is down again and have a cry about it.:I:clown:
The thing is I'm addicted and when it's taken away from me I cannae stand it.:)

You're not the only one!! :D:D:D:D

My current BIG gripe are those Professors at the Uni who think it's perfectly acceptable to call our emergency phones to get them some help, then verbally abuse us when we get there (Generally from anywhere on campus, we try to be there in less than 5 minutes). It's usually when they can't find the power button on the Pc (seriously!), or Big Green Power Button on the remote control in a Lecture Room...

These are the people with Doctorates and PhDs...:eek:
Obviously not in Human relations!
:D:blackeye:

GAJ
15th November 2005, 10:36 PM

Problems could be solved quite soon. Watch this space!!

The Dogfather
15th November 2005, 10:48 PM
My current BIG gripe are those Professors at the Uni who think it's perfectly acceptable to call our emergency phones to get them some help, then verbally abuse us when we get there (Generally from anywhere on campus, we try to be there in less than 5 minutes). It's usually when they can't find the power button on the Pc (seriously!), or Big Green Power Button on the remote control in a Lecture Room...

These are the people with Doctorates and PhDs...:eek:
Obviously not in Human relations!
:D:blackeye:

Don't you know, having a PhD means you can talk down to everyone because you have such superior intelligence.

In all honesty most can't even tie their own shoelaces ;)

Edited by MS - moved BD's comment outside LnL's quote - BDM was obviously having a problem with his shoelaces ;)

Wul
15th November 2005, 11:12 PM
My gripe for today:

Dobbies roundabout on the A7 - turning right, there are road works on the exit of the roundabout so the traffic has tailed back to the roundabout - i enter the roundabout and wait in the correct lane in the middle of the roundabout to exit - leaving a gap so the people two turn offs round can go through. Next thing i know a COMPLETE W@NKER in a black X3 from behind me goes round me behind the lorry in front, blocking the traffic and stealing my space!!! Not a happy shed driver was I!!! was he really that impatient/ in a hurry or not paying attention the what was happening on the road! :disapprove:

Burple
15th November 2005, 11:25 PM
quote:
Don't you know, having a PhD means you can talk down to everyone because you have such superior intelligence.

Yup..
And they're also the ones who try to tell me their Macs are far superior to our whole IT system...
Coming from someone who couldn't even get their Mac to run with a Projector... after telling me how simple it was to connect up.. ;):D:D:D

The Dogfather
16th November 2005, 03:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Edited by MS - moved BD's comment outside LnL's quote - BDM was obviously having a problem with his shoelaces ;)

I asked for that, lol. Boss walked past so I didn't check the reply looked OK!
:D

My gripe, cheeky monkey Mods;)

monkimagic
16th November 2005, 03:59 AM

quote:

Yup..
And they're also the ones who try to tell me their Macs are far superior to our whole IT system...
Coming from someone who couldn't even get their Mac to run with a Projector... after telling me how simple it was to connect up.. ;):D:D:D

Can they do their macs up or do they need a hand with the buttons !

Burple
16th November 2005, 10:03 PM
quote:
Can they do their macs up or do they need a hand with the buttons !

Buttons??

Ah man.. don't confuse them any further..

They's just get the chocolate all over themselves... :D:D

N12 JLK
17th November 2005, 05:33 AM
My gripe for today was-

Getting out of my warm bed to go to work!:p

T8SLD
18th November 2005, 10:38 PM
My pet hate is selfish people who take up 2 parking spaces in a busy car park and i cant get a space! Grrrrrr:mad:.
There is just no need for this!

Julz
18th November 2005, 11:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by T8SLD

My pet hate is selfish people who take up 2 parking spaces in a busy car park and i cant get a space! Grrrrrr:mad:.

That'll be me then!!;) Although not in busy car parks, I don't use them!! But yes, I am one of these people who take up two spaces, I've had tw@ts welly their door off my car too many times for me to squeeze into spaces!:evil::)

Big Col
18th November 2005, 11:37 PM
That's not wise Julz. I know a few people who have had their car keyed for doing that.

Julz
18th November 2005, 11:49 PM
Doubt the old grannies at Sainsburys or the plonkers at B&Q would be that sad:evil:, these are the only car parks I do this in, plus I tend to park in the furthest away point I possibly could! I'm not a car park fan as watching how other people 'abandon' their cars gives me the shivers! The only busy car parks I use are the ones I've designed cause I know where all the 'extra-sized' spaces are!!;):p:D

T8SLD
19th November 2005, 12:38 AM

That'll be me then!!;) Although not in busy car parks, I don't use them!! But yes, I am one of these people who take up two spaces, I've had tw@ts welly their door off my car too many times for me to squeeze into spaces!:evil::)

Tut tut Julz ;) I will let you off as i understand your reasoning but i'm only being so nice since your an NMS peep :p

I'm another one who tries to park away from other cars as my old car got a dent in the drivers door from some twat who obviously had no pride in their own car!

N12 JLK
19th November 2005, 06:29 AM

yup do the same may be selfish in taking up 2 spaces but not as bad as those feckers who dunt your door!!!

Burple
23rd November 2005, 02:10 AM
My NEW gripe for today..

Call centres!!
Have they no idea?

Just a suggestion, but since you're supplying a service to a country where the official language is English, wouldn't it be a good idea to actually emply some staff to answer the phones who ACTUALLY SPEAK ENGLISH?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?! Sassin' frassin' rassin'... :mad::mad:
I know it's a job for whoever they may be, but they're providing a service that's meant to be easy for the customer, we shouldn't have to struggle to understand our own bank balances! And JUST ONCE I'd like to hear my name pronounced properly... :mad:

..And also those telemarketing companies who phone up (and you know it's them, cos of the pause after you answer before anything happens) who call up, and the person on the other end starts with "Hello my name is Steven Jones (or suchlike)" and you know by the accent there's is NO chance that this person has ever BEEN to a country where people are named with good old generic British names.. never mind have one of their own..

I'm not being racist here - I really don't mind where they come from or what they're names are - I just want to know why these companies feel the need to lie to the people they're contacting. I won't be trusting any company who lies to me on first contact! grumble grumble grumble..
:mad::mad::mad:

Big Col
23rd November 2005, 05:24 PM
I agree with what lnl says. I don't care where anyone is from that works in call centres but if you're phoning up to complain about something and the person you get to compain to struggles to uderstand your accent then it is really frustrating.

sh@z
23rd November 2005, 08:48 PM
But but but!!! i have my name mispronounced all the time... so these call centres in Asia are the only ones who can say my name right!!! lol

Burple
23rd November 2005, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

But but but!!! i have my name mispronounced all the time... so these call centres in Asia are the only ones who can say my name right!!! lol

:D:D:D:D:D:D
ha ha.. good point! :cool:

Have you ever had to deal with someone in a call centre from Wales? Or Birmingham? Or Newcastle? That's just as bad!
/takes off Xenophobe hat
;):cool::D

But seriously, someone should be inventing the voice recognition software to automatically detect your accent - or at least detect the area code you're calling from, and assign your call to a centre near you... :D:D

Yes.. I want the Moon on a stick!

:D

The Dogfather
23rd November 2005, 09:29 PM
I have a lot of trouble understanding the locals in Turriff so its a relief to get put through to a call centre in Brum or Newcastle.

Burple
23rd November 2005, 11:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I have a lot of trouble understanding the locals in Turriff so its a relief to get put through to a call centre in Brum or Newcastle.

:D:D:D:D:D
:p:p:p

Heather
23rd November 2005, 11:36 PM
My NEW gripe for today..

Call centres!!

Have to agree with you Ewan. I recently changed both my insurance company and bank as they had moved their call centres overseas. I had countless problems with communication and when it come to my finances mistakes should not be made to too lack of command of the english language. :evil: In saying that has anyone ever phoned the DVLA in swansea? They can REALLY hard to understand! :D

Julz
23rd November 2005, 11:40 PM
Yup, you can't beat phoning the Royal Bank of Scotland only to be told the person on the other end of the line can't understand me!:mad::mad:

Scottie
23rd November 2005, 11:47 PM
I hate call centres. They are the pits to work in also I may add.

Trouble is I have to speak to them every day BP use IBM in Lisbon man oh man that is just awful then they use another company in the states and that can just be as bad.:(

Burple
24th November 2005, 12:47 AM
Glad I'm not the only one!! :D:D

I'm not particularly berating the people who work there, I'm quite sure their English is a lot better than my Mandarin, Bangladeshi, Scouser, whatever... :D:I

But you'd think one of the key points in customer service is actually being able to UNDERSTAND your customers!

Back to the Telemarketing callers.. Over the last 6 months I've had over 30 calls to my house askig to speak to a Mr Parkin. Who? I dunno! I get a new phone number from Telewest, but apparently it's not a 'new' number.. some company somewhere has got their hands on the number, possibly the name of the person the number used to belong to. Don't have much patience left for THESE guys I can tell you.. Especially the one after me just telling him 3 times that there was NO Mr Parkin here) who then went on regardless to try to sell some fantstic Moblie offer to ME!

How many times do you have to say NO before they take a hint??

:evil::evil::evil::evil::D

Julz
24th November 2005, 01:13 AM
You should get in touch with your service provider and they should put a block on telesales for you, it's not a complete block just a major reduction as I kept getting asked for a 'Mrs Walker' (chose whatever accent you want to say that in!!) and noticed a major difference after doing this!:clown::sleepy:

Smurf
24th November 2005, 05:23 AM
The Telephone Preference Service should be able to help you Ewan, that's who we're with.
Now when we get cold called, we mention the TPS, and the fact that it's illegal for them to call you when you've asked them not to (ie registered with the TPS) and their tune soon changes!! We get very few calls now.

Craig
24th November 2005, 05:45 AM
under financial services regulations if someone is phoning to try ans sell you something and you say no, that is the end of it. If they persist, then they are breaking the regulations laid down. (also there are times that they are not allowed to cold call you, I'm sure it is after 9pm, but I will stand corrected.)

as Vaila said, TPS are good, however BT are now doing free caller-id with TPS, so you can see the number that is calling. I have it, and if it says "International" or "Number Withheld", I don't answer the phone. I checked my call history on my phone and I got 40 calls in 1 day!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Turned out to be my bank trying to get in touch with me from India...

Ex-directory is also a good idea..

MartinSullivan
24th November 2005, 05:26 PM
For those who dont know you can register for the telephone preference service here (http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/). If you have been troubled by calls where the phone rings but on answering there is no one there, you may wish to register your number on the Silent Callgard Service on 0870 4443969. These calls are generated by automatic dialling equipment which dial more numbers than there are operators available to take the calls.

Signing up for these has greatly reduced the number of nuisance calls that I receive.

Wul
24th November 2005, 06:11 PM
I agree with Martin - this works! Takes a few weeks to kick in but works - needless to say it also makes your number ex-directory.

Also remember to take your name off the abbreviated voters role the next time you fill in the form - companies can buy this list to send you junk mail!

MartinSullivan
24th November 2005, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

I agree with Martin - this works! Takes a few weeks to kick in but works - needless to say it also makes your number ex-directory.

Does it??? Dont think it does - but I might be wrong

Scottie
24th November 2005, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

BT are now doing free caller-id with TPS, so you can see the number that is calling. I have it, and if it says "International" or "Number Withheld", I don't answer the phone.

I've got this also and it makes a difference but what it is really good for when my Mother in Law phones I know not to answer the phone:D:D:D has really made a difference to my life;):p

GAJ
24th November 2005, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by Wul

Does it??? Dont think it does - but I might be wrong

No it doesn't. You'll still be listed in the directory unless you explicitly ask your telephone service provider not to list your number.

Burple
24th November 2005, 08:20 PM
Woo! Cheers guys!
I didn't know about this service..
That's me registered...Bye bye Mr Parkin! :D:D

And Mr Steven Jones with the incredibly strong Asian Accent.. :D:p

No new gripes today! yet..... ;):D:p

duncan
24th November 2005, 08:27 PM
I signed up for the free BT privacy thing, with the TPS opt out, and Caller Display. Its pretty good, just get the rare call.

Telepest charge you for the caller display though :dead: