PDA

View Full Version : I was bored in work...

Big Col
15th November 2005, 05:14 PM
so started having a browse to see what other cars I could've got for the same money I spent on my MINI.

Don't ever do that! :dead:

bpirie1000
15th November 2005, 05:26 PM
what kinda cars you find then Give us all a scare.

Not as much fun as the mini though and Secondly I challenge you to find such a friendly mad forum to go with it..

Cheers Brian.

Mini Me
15th November 2005, 06:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

so started having a browse to see what other cars I could've got for the same money I spent on my MINI.

Don't ever do that! :dead:

Col.............stay away from the PC,it's a nasty tool, and you will burn in hell for using it ;)

monkimagic
15th November 2005, 07:52 PM
I reckon its well priced for what you get, so much fun in such a little package. I for one dont fancy a Vauxhaul Zafira of any other off the shelf tin can, When at Arbroath and having close to 100 Minis and not one the same, that I enjoyed.

That said, best not tell us what you can get, you just might burst my bubble !!!

Monki

Julz
15th November 2005, 08:02 PM
I paid £2k more than I did for my mini when I got it and got an Evo instead!!;) Rob's beloved Herbie cost £2k less than the mini... the list is endless! People think you're mad for spending so much money on a wee car but it's not just the car you buy, it's the big cheesy grin that comes with it!!:D:D If folks thought the mini was overpriced (which it can be depending on the extras!!) they wouldn't buy it and going by the gazillions of them on the roads, I don't think it's a problem! Although doing what Big C has done is extremely depressing as there are ALOT of very decent cars out there for the same sort money!:(:D

Big Col
15th November 2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah don't get me wrong folks I love my wee motor and I'm not seriously considering getting rid of it but it does make you ponder a little...

euan
15th November 2005, 08:15 PM
New Focus ST - can be had for 14,500K if you shop about - I'm quite tempted.

The Dogfather
15th November 2005, 08:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

I know what you mean, you can also pick up a second hand Monaro for £19k barely run in :D

MartinSullivan
15th November 2005, 09:00 PM
The grin factor makes it worthwhile :D - its priceless

The added bonus is that with this forum the grin factor isnt just from driving the car

Scottie
15th November 2005, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

YUCK who would want a Ford.:eek::blackeye: Now you can pick up a nice wee BMW 1 series. yummy;):p:D

The Dogfather
15th November 2005, 10:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
YUCK who would want a Ford.:eek::blackeye: Now you can pick up a nice wee BMW 1 series. yummy;):p:D

I'm not a ford fan, but the Focus is better than most other fords, the build quality is supposed to be excellent, its also a lot cheaper than the 1 series. Just an observation 8)

Wul
15th November 2005, 11:00 PM
Think about the residuals man.........the residuals!! :D

sleepyrascal
16th November 2005, 12:22 AM
I did that too. Found a REALLY nice Merc CLK, black with all the kit, 2000/01 model though.

Duncan Stewart
16th November 2005, 10:22 PM
I don't think there is anything better for 12K than a Cooper :D. But then it's not much good if you need to tow, carry several passengers or need a big boot ;)

Big Col
16th November 2005, 10:54 PM
I totally agree that the Cooper is worth the money...the 'S on the other hand...

euan
17th November 2005, 03:59 AM
I agree, I wouldn't normally be bothered by Ford, but the Focus ST is a proper Golf GTi beater, cheap as anything and well equipped. Still not buying one though :)

1 series. Well, colour is important, but I'd rather have a Golf GTi.

Cooper would be great, with some tweaks you can have a potent little thing.

Big Col
17th November 2005, 04:52 PM
The colours you can get the ST in are mingin'! You can't have yellow!?!?!!? :dead:

T8SLD
17th November 2005, 10:33 PM
The colours you can get the ST in are mingin'! You can't have yellow!?!?!!? :dead:

I havent seen any other cars in yellow that look as good as the mini! I never thought i'd buy a yellow car in a million years but soon as i saw my one,couldnt resist! hee hee:p

Julz
17th November 2005, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by T8SLD
I havent seen any other cars in yellow that look as good as the mini!

I have!!;):D

T8SLD
18th November 2005, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

ha ha, i'm obviosly biased due to the colour of my mini :p

MartinSullivan
18th November 2005, 06:22 PM
ha ha, i'm obviosly biased due to the colour of my mini :p

And Julz is biased due to the colour of her EVO ;)

Scottie
18th November 2005, 06:28 PM
Just saw that Focus thingy car @ Macrae & Dick Inverness sitting out front.

OMG Orange is it's colour just awful and the interior Orange even more awful:):(

Wul
18th November 2005, 07:22 PM

Still waiting to see some piccies of the beast Julz!!:cool:

Julz
18th November 2005, 07:36 PM
I'll try and take some pics tomorrow!:I:D I was wanting to wait until my windows were tinted but that's another story!!:disapprove::(

Big Col
18th November 2005, 08:05 PM
Awww come on she's hinted about it twice now! Isn't somebody going to ask her what happened with her windows? :D

Julz
18th November 2005, 08:06 PM
Awww come on she's hinted about it twice now! Isn't somebody going to ask her what happened with her windows? :D

I'd rather not talk about it, just grump about it on the sly!!:disapprove:;):clown:

Mini Me
19th November 2005, 05:20 AM

I'll try and take some pics tomorrow!:I:D I was wanting to wait until my windows were tinted but that's another story!!:disapprove::(

worrup wi the tint's....i'll have his nuts if its not as agreed :blackeye::blackeye::mad::evil:

Julz
21st November 2005, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

worrup wi the tint's....i'll have his nuts if its not as agreed :blackeye::blackeye::mad::evil:

I'll let you know in about 3 weeks when I hopefully get them done!!:disapprove::(

Mon the fish
24th November 2005, 12:14 AM
I went in to work the other night to find a copy of Auto Trader, it really does make you think! I could buy a 5 year old M5, and have change from my Mini! Mind you, the change wouldn't be much use when I was wrapped round a tree...

Before I bought my S Works, I had a standard Cooper. I looked at other cars at the same price (RX-8, 350Z, buying my dad's 330Ci), but I realised all that I wanted was a faster Mini! It's definitely worth the money. Would a convoy of 350Z's look as good as a convoy of Mini's? Doubt it!