PDA

View Full Version : Mini Carpet Mats

KarenH
5th October 2003, 05:51 AM
Does anyone know how the carpet mats fit into the Cooper/Cooper S? I just got a replacement set from Dunedin and have had a look at the little instruction sheet that came with them. It doesn't make much sense :clown:!

I guess that I could always go back and ask them how to fit them :I

KarenH
6th October 2003, 01:47 AM
If I can reply to myself :p - I worked it out. The little round plastic bits screw in to the floor and the tops of them are meant to grip the underside of the carpets. Luckily when I took out the old mats I found that they had were already fitted...

3GGG
6th October 2003, 04:19 PM
Well done Karen!
BTW If you get the MINI rubber mats for winter time ( highly recommended) then you unscrew those pads and fit a different type of pad with a twist and turn toggle that goes through a slot in the rubber mat to hold it in place.

GAJ
7th October 2003, 12:01 AM
Or you just chuck them in like I did! They are pretty heavy and don't move about.

duncan
7th October 2003, 01:07 AM
I'm with you on that one GAJ, and well reminded too.
I think a trip into my loft to dig out the winter mats is called for soon

macblob
7th October 2003, 03:32 AM
i just stuck my rubber mats in on top of the carpet ones , how feckin lazy is that lol:p

3GGG
7th October 2003, 04:44 AM
That's me told then.
If the mat slips under the brake pedal and you can't stop, don't come running to me...
No, seriously I'm sure it will be OK, just belt and braces really.
So I'm not the only one to store the mats in the loft... away from the darned mice in the garage. MINI is surrounded by mouse traps and moth balls over the winter to keep the wildlife at bay.