Alfie's got his MOT next week pass or fail folks? Place your bets now.....:eek:

Burple
11th November 2005, 01:30 AM
Definitely a pass...

I have faith in the wee bugger! :D:cool:

bpirie1000
11th November 2005, 01:56 AM
Deafo Pass..

With all that elbow grease and Spit and polish Course it will pass..

full of faith..

davesminis
11th November 2005, 04:26 AM
Hope he passes, Keep us posted.
If he passes it might just spur me on to get jenny ready for her trip to the MOT man!

Duncan Stewart
11th November 2005, 05:06 AM
Good Luck :D ;)

Bazthemod
16th November 2005, 01:05 AM
FAIL :evil:

but..... Didn't fail on too much, which surprised me :cool:

- Side Light
- 2 Tyres
- little bit welding on subframe
- Break pipe through subframe

so not too bad overall!!!!:D:cool::):I

bpirie1000
16th November 2005, 01:13 AM
well If your stuck I have tyres here in aberdeen and I can easy make up a brake pipe and send it down..

Shame..

Not a bad list though I have seen alot lot lot worse.. Like 2 pages worth on an old mini..

Burple
16th November 2005, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

well If your stuck I have tyres here in aberdeen and I can easy make up a brake pipe and send it down..
Shame..
Not a bad list though I have seen alot lot lot worse.. Like 2 pages worth on an old mini..

Like Brizee says... That's nothing!!!
wit till you get one that's spilled over onto the back of the sheet too!
Now front floor and sills, both sides, Front bulkhead rusting at floor, 2 new A-panels, rear suspension doughnut perished, knuckle joints gone, front and back, CV joints and Gaiters, emissions, bent steering arm, leaky rear brake slave cylinders.... you name it, I've sorted it for MOT! :D:D

All that and some more on my first Mini not long after buying it.
*Did* buy it for £180 tho!!
Eventually sold it a year later for £400 :D:D:D

Just watch the subframe for next year if you get it welded just now :)

bpirie1000
16th November 2005, 01:53 AM
aye The Older ones Need More attention Right enough

Same as the Older cars..........

Saying nothing more...

Brave Not Stupid.....

Duncan Stewart
16th November 2005, 10:44 PM
Well Done :approve: You obviously have a good solid one there :D

broken_brian
19th November 2005, 01:13 AM
i would not like too even think what my mini would fail on as it has sat for just over a year now but it still starts though, hooked up the jumpleads and it fired up first time :D:D

Craig
19th November 2005, 01:47 AM
good - get it ready for the trip to Oxford next year, 'cos your not taking an ALFA!!!

broken_brian
20th November 2005, 07:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

good - get it ready for the trip to Oxford next year, 'cos your not taking an ALFA!!!

My car is going to get stripped down and rebuilt as soon as i clean out my garage so i will be going to oxford in the ALFA.

So there :p

Craig
20th November 2005, 07:19 AM
I refer to Crombers comments in the previous Oxford run - nae mini, means no going :approve:

you can hitch a ride wi LnL if he's not forgotten how to drive by then :eek::eek::blackeye::p:approve:

Burple
29th November 2005, 08:18 PM

I refer to Crombers comments in the previous Oxford run - nae mini, means no going :approve:

you can hitch a ride wi LnL if he's not forgotten how to drive by then :eek::eek::blackeye::p:approve:

Oi!! I just spotted this! <slap> on the back of the knees :p:approve:
Countdown is underway.. Car is due Week 51!! Christmas pressie for me!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crombers
29th November 2005, 09:52 PM

Way to go Commander , way to go :approve::p;)

Craig
30th November 2005, 02:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oi!! I just spotted this! <slap> on the back of the knees :p:approve:
Countdown is underway.. Car is due Week 51!! Christmas pressie for me!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:p:approve::D:D:D

see they are making "our colour" end of line soon, so there shouldn't be that many of them on the road...:D

let us know when your getting it, might be able to pop down from work for a wee photo op with the pair of them...:D

Burple
30th November 2005, 06:54 PM
quote:
see they are making "our colour" end of line soon, so there shouldn't be that many of them on the road...:D

let us know when your getting it, might be able to pop down from work for a wee photo op with the pair of them...:D

Good to know I've still got the talent for picking the rarer colours!! :D:D
Photo op sounds like giggle :D:D I'll let you know..
Then maybe I can come through (or you guys are welcome to pop through) for some more of the same when I've had a chance to put the wheels and other toys back on! :D:cool::cool:

Craig
1st December 2005, 03:31 AM
sounds like a plan - you've got my number..;)