PDA

View Full Version : cough splutter air filter

sleepyrascal
5th November 2005, 03:38 AM
HELOOOO.

Fitted my new PiperX filter today. CHEERS EUAN! Thanks for being more organised than me!!

Just one question. I find that when moving just above idle speed, like in Qs n stuff, the car tends to kangaroo a bit.

Could this be an unwanted air restriction? Is this normal?

SR.:question::question:

minimadtez
7th November 2005, 06:29 AM
My car does that too.......i thought nothing of it......never knew better! lol
aint died on me yet :)

ELFMAN
11th November 2005, 01:10 AM
Ewan, not sure about that, remember you're shoving more air in - is your ECU coping with that (ie enough fuel) at low speeds/part throttle? How's it going when you're on the move? Does the MTH conversion compensate for the Induction changes, or is it set up for the standard air box and should it be upgraded to suit the new set-up? Any ideas anyone?

sleepyrascal
11th November 2005, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Ewan, not sure about that, remember you're shoving more air in - is your ECU coping with that (ie enough fuel) at low speeds/part throttle? How's it going when you're on the move? Does the MTH conversion compensate for the Induction changes, or is it set up for the standard air box and should it be upgraded to suit the new set-up? Any ideas anyone?

Hey,

Yeh the map will probably need a wee tweak. But it's only really a problem low down. When im giving it big ones the car sounds and goes great :D