PDA

View Full Version : Wet seat belt

Duncan Stewart
2nd November 2005, 06:10 PM
In the recent heavy rain I found my drivers seat belt was soaking wet, I assumed I had shut it in the door or similar. But this morning after heavy rain last night, I reeled it out and it is wet again! :mad::( The carpets are dry.
Any idea how this could be happening?

GAJ
2nd November 2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe rain getting in through the aerial mount in the roof and running along the inside of the headlining to the seatbelt mount in the B piller?

Mini Me
2nd November 2005, 06:32 PM
we've had this happen Duncan, not sure what the fix was but i can find out.......so you aint alone[v]

Gismo
2nd November 2005, 06:43 PM
I had this problem, two probabilities, either or both the door seal and a spot weld around the door pillar area is missed during building

The Dogfather
2nd November 2005, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I had this problem, two probabilities, either or both the door seal and a spot weld around the door pillar area is missed during building

My car also had this problem but on the passenger side.

Smurf
2nd November 2005, 09:02 PM
I've noticed this in Smurf a few times too...... :(

Cooper_si
2nd November 2005, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

... and a spot weld around the door pillar area is missed during building....

NOW that would be BAD ! :eek:

Crombers
9th November 2005, 10:13 PM
Did you get this one fixed Duncan :question:

Duncan Stewart
11th November 2005, 05:19 AM
Not got round to organising taking it into the dealers. Might just wait until the next service. When it is wet I have kept the seatbelt unreeled by wraping it over the steering wheel. No signs of missed spot welds!!!

weefossy
17th November 2005, 05:51 AM
Those lovable robots missing one of their 4000 spot welds ! I think not. Won't have you blaming my new found friends. Hope you get it sorted OK Duncan