PDA

View Full Version : Police Impound Vehicles

Gismo
1st November 2005, 06:50 AM
I read with interest of a local rule that has been used for the first time here in Montrose :eek:
In order to curb the car ned culture in Montrose the police now have the power to impound cars if they catch anyone in the act of driving illegally :p
There is a fixed penalty to pay of approx £125 to get the car back, for every day the car is not collected a storage charge of £12 is applied

Sheilz
1st November 2005, 07:52 AM
Do you mean for stuff like no insurance, mots etc or speeding and parking offences?

Gismo
1st November 2005, 08:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
Do you mean for stuff like no insurance, mots etc or speeding and parking offences?
This particular instance was for speeding, the well known route down to the beach has become a race track and has become very dangerous, i think this guy was made an example of

Big Col
1st November 2005, 04:47 PM
Hmmm...I dunno if that's a good thing or not.

The Dogfather
1st November 2005, 04:48 PM
Great! They should try that in Turriff.

Monsta Mo Mini
1st November 2005, 08:30 PM
Been doing the same in Kirkcaldy Esplanade - applying ASBOs to them. So far one car has been confiscated as part of a glorified PR stunt - since then - nothing!

S7JGW
2nd November 2005, 01:42 AM
They are havin a crack down in Turriff Bad Dog. Just stoppin abody for spotchecks etc, just like thay did at Banff / Macduff. Noticed the traffic cars been down that way alot aswell recently.
Ps have ye seen the boy with the Metro with K&N and a straight through exhaust. Forced To Laugh.