PDA

View Full Version : Not again!

GAJ
3rd October 2003, 02:07 AM
Just found out today that some b4st4rd has run into the passenger door of my car. I hadn't noticed until somebody at work pointed it out. Not sure when it happened but it wasn't there when I washed it on Monday morning. I had given up walking round the car in the morning, checking for damage a couple of months ago. Looks like I will be starting again. It's about the only exercise I get!

It doesn't look too bad but I just took it to a couple of bodyshops, including my dealers and it is going to be over £500 to get fixed! Apparently MINI don't do door skins and it needs a new door frame. The guy reckons it would still be noticeable if they tried to knock it out and fill it. He said they get loads of MINIs with similair damage and it is really hard to fix as the metal on the doors is very thin and flexible.

To say I am gutted doesn't come close.:disapprove:

macblob
3rd October 2003, 02:14 AM
damm Gaj, sorry to hear that man

Big Gordy
3rd October 2003, 02:19 AM
:( How is it that some people just can't open doors without flinging them open :mad: I feel for you GAJ :blackeye:

Wul
3rd October 2003, 02:47 AM
:disapprove:GAJ - that is a real nightmare! it defo can't be sorted by these people who suck the dents out - dentmaster or sommit like that? might be worth a call before coughing up £500!:blackeye:

GAJ
3rd October 2003, 03:25 AM
I will try dentmaster tomorrow but the guy was explaining today that cos the doors are so flexible it is really hard to sand them totally flat and true. He said that he could do it that way but he was not confident about the result. Another insurance claim on the way I think!

Willie M
3rd October 2003, 03:31 AM
:mad: Oh Gaj, I truly don't believe this has happened to you :( Absolutely gutted for you, Cheryl and the poor wee Guinness mobile :disapprove:

Hope you get things fixed up soon.

Woz
3rd October 2003, 08:19 AM
Unlucky. Makes me think what I would have done if I hadnt been across the road watching when the muppet reversed into me. I know they would have driven off.

Big Col
3rd October 2003, 04:28 PM
Sore one Gaj. I feel for you man as I'd be totally gutted if someone drove into my wee buggy.

3GGG
3rd October 2003, 05:47 PM
Oh No!!! That is really bad news Gaj. That place that repaired my bumper near Perth did a repair to someone's MINI door that had been damaged by a wheelbarrow I seem to think I recall, that was how I found out about the place (after a request here and on MINI2). So unless it is an insurance job, it might be worth shopping around.

GAJ
3rd October 2003, 07:56 PM
I got a couple of quotes - both around £500 so it looks like it will have to be an insurance job.

Not happy.

Linda M
4th October 2003, 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear that Gaj :( A real rotten thing to happen.

minidriver#1
4th October 2003, 12:11 AM
sorry to hear about that man. youd think they would leave a contact detail or something. Hope it gets sorted out soon, and you'll both be feeling better :)

seany
5th October 2003, 04:41 AM
sorry 2 hear about your bad luck.

DNV122
9th October 2003, 06:54 AM
aaargghh

Fancy setting up an alternative to MINI Accident Management ? Maybe watching 'Snatch' recently doesn't put you in the right frame of might for Uninsured Loss Recovery....

K1MUR
14th October 2003, 06:13 PM
I had my first mini race car repaired a few times - speak to either David at Tynecastle Garage 0131 313 2777 or Peter/Martin at MRM as they both have experience of making my mini into the lovely car it was up to the JC Rally where no amount of Catty would repair that !!!

Good luck.

Ian

K1MUR
14th October 2003, 06:14 PM
Sorry MRM's Number is 0131 337 5566.

Ian

GAJ
11th November 2003, 05:20 PM
Only just got round to taking my car into the Bodyshop to get the massive (in financial terms anyway) dent in the door repaired.

I have been given the worse courtesy car in the world - a Suzuki Ignis.:eek:

And wait for it...............................its automatic!!:disapprove:

It is absolutely mingin' by far the worse car in the world. When they said do you mind taking an automatic I visualized a 7 series Beemer, not this!!:I

Willie M
11th November 2003, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I have been given the worse courtesy car in the world - a Suzuki Ignis.:eek:
Awwwww... they're lovely :cool: Is it the one with the 4WD-ish system? If it is you'll be able to get some lovely 4 wheel drift through the corners, in the rain :approve:

Better still, you could have had the Wagon R :approve: (or the Jimny ;))

Linda M
11th November 2003, 10:59 PM
Lucky you....I think the Ignis is a lovely wee car :clown:

GAJ
12th November 2003, 02:01 AM
Feel free to have this one for the next few days - I'm walking!

Willie M
12th November 2003, 04:55 PM
Boooo... nasty Gaj :p
What colour is it Gary? Is it the nice sky blue one? :clown:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?previews/previews_story.php?id=39743 Mmmmmm... it's purty :approve:

GAJ
12th November 2003, 05:14 PM
From what I remember....it is black. It is not the same as the one in your picture. It's 3 door and not got those groovy roof rails. I haven't used it at all since I picked it up and if my car is ready tomorrow as it should be I won't be using it either!

If it isn't ready I'm stuck though as I won't be able to pick it up on Friday so I might have the Suzuki Ignominious over the weekend.:eek:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

euan
12th November 2003, 07:33 PM
Thats a horrid looking motor! Even the Fiat Multipla looks better than that :)

GAJ
12th November 2003, 07:47 PM
Did I mention it is automatic. What a fabulous gearbox it is.

Not!

macblob
13th November 2003, 02:08 AM
Thought it suited ya Gaj lol

GAJ
13th November 2003, 02:47 AM
Did ya now:blackeye::blackeye:

The Guinness mobile is back!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looks OK in the dark but I will have a good look at the door in the daylight which wont be till Saturday unfortunately.

The Ignominious has been returned and I am happy!:)

It really was crap!

Willie M
13th November 2003, 04:33 PM
Good to hear you've got wee 'Guinness' back, hope the door looks good in the light of day :cool:
I'm away off to mourn the departure of the Ignis though :disapprove:;)

GAJ
13th November 2003, 05:29 PM
Willie, is the Ignis your next car then?

Metallic blue with Viper Stripes - it would blow Stouffer away!

Or maybe not!

Gismo
13th November 2003, 06:01 PM
I shared a few precious moments with my congregation today over the sad loss of the Ignis.
We showed great courage in this very sad day, it will forever be etched into our memories :clown:

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
13th November 2003, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Willie, is the Ignis your next car then?
Metallic blue with Viper Stripes
Wow !!! ... there's a thought :cool:

MartinSullivan
13th November 2003, 08:12 PM
Cant find a newignisscotland forum - anyone know where it is??? :)

Gismo
13th November 2003, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Cant find a newignisscotland forum - anyone know where it is??? :)
It'll soon be appearing on Willie's revamped mini-ignisbuzz.co.uk ;) site

Bonnie Scotland

MartinSullivan
14th November 2003, 12:50 AM
Cool, then we can all worship and drool over all the cool things you can do with the ignis!!!!! ;)

Willie M
14th November 2003, 05:04 PM
:D All bow down to the Ignis :approve:
I think you'll find my new site will be called NPKS.co.uk though Alan ;) Mmmmmmm... Perodua Kelisa :p