PDA

View Full Version : Tw@ts at gigs!!

Wul
31st October 2005, 05:45 AM
Why oh why do people think it's cool to chuck pints at gigs/concerts - they are complete and utter to$$ers!!!!:mad::mad:

At the Carling Academy on Saturday night for the cribs/ maximo park/ kaiser chiefs gig - which was excellent.

Me and the missus standing half way up the room, infront of the lighting booth and we got hit twice with flying pints - the first clipped lesley on the shoulder and the second clipped the person behind me before emptying it's contents over my back!

It spolied what was an excellent gig - we both went home soaked in beer and neither of us was drinking!!:(:dead:

If you do it - get a life!:mad::disapprove::dead:

Mini Me
31st October 2005, 05:53 AM
that really pisses me off to Wull [v][v]....happens all the time..
but what i realy don't get is the people who are ON THE PHONE.....how can they possibly hear ????? asssssshhoollleeesssss:p

duncan
31st October 2005, 06:52 AM
Happened at the Shockwaves Tour at the Academy last year, and managed to take out the Keyboard from the Killers set, resulting in them going off for 10 minutes to dry it out.

The Kaisers were on that night too, as the first act on. Cracking set. Bloc Party, and The Futureheads were made to look poor after they were on!

Smitty
31st October 2005, 07:48 AM
Yeh, i go to a lot of gigs and get so pissed off with it! i dont drink at gigs, find it pointless, but if u r gona drink why throw it away!!

its worse at t in the park, so much is gettin thrown...cant tell half the time whether its beer or piss!!

I Want A Works
31st October 2005, 08:06 AM
Totally agree. Was at ATHLETE on Friday night there (hot support act www.gemmahayes.com ) and we were standing about 6 inch from the speakers at the front. Near the end a cup hit the gf's head and some of the "fluid" hit me! :mad:
All I will say was it got matted in the gf's hair so we never even dared to think about what it was. :dead:
We think it came from the bolcony above cos all the bouncers were looking up there not long before.

Those people, if they could catch them, should be banned from entering the venues ever again!

Julz
31st October 2005, 05:12 PM
Be grateful it was beer before consumption and not after! It's when it's warm you wanna start hitting people!:dead:

euan
31st October 2005, 06:05 PM
We go to a lot of gigs but haven't had this too often in London. Actually, the worst we had was at Radiohead at the AECC, the guy (who was about 12) thought we'd had a go at his mate (we hadn't) and decided to pour lager over his shoulder on us. However, as he was drunk, he only managed to cover himself in lager, leaving us in fits. Although, not nearly as funny as the guy at the Charletans gig who had obviously taken something (kept hugging his mate, who looked less than impressed) and then proceded to do some real comedy dancing!

My pet hate is at Brixton academy where people talk at the bar at the back, it just echoes all the way into the gig.

Cazza
31st October 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm glad to say I've not been soaked… yet, cos I'm usually one of the boring ones that are either in the seated area, or stood down the side of the crowd, but beer throwing still really annoys me, as Martin will confirm!!

We were at the Rooster gig in the Music Hall last weekend, and heaps of people were throwing their glow in the dark things at the band, several of them hitting home, which I would say is a funny way of showing your appreciation! Anyway, there was this one guy, p*ssed/high from the start, who spent most of the gig acting like a complete idiot, trying to chat up every skirt unlucky enough to come within 3 feet of him, much to the ‘amusement’ of his girlfriend. He then spent quite a while trying to kiss her, with not much luck, then she walked out, with him tagging along behind about a third of the way thru the main act.

What a waste of money, I doubt he even heard a single song that was sung, going by the state he was in. He certainly missed an excellent gig, by the way! :D:D

GAJ
31st October 2005, 10:46 PM
It's very dangerous behaviour, it could take someone's eye out!:eek:

bpirie1000
31st October 2005, 11:45 PM
also a Waste of Good Beer..

NOT ON... Sort it out...

The Dogfather
1st November 2005, 12:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

also a Waste of Good Beer..

Since when has good beer ever been on sale at gigs :question:;)

Still its bloody 'orrible, a good sharp kick in the knackers would sort the plebs out :evil:

sleepyrascal
1st November 2005, 12:36 AM
I was in London for Oasis's day festival on in 2003. Finsbury Park.

The place was heaving until we were fighting through the crowd and suddenly there was a big open space. In the middle was a guy pissinf into a coke bottle. Shortly after, he launched it into the crowd in front! Then loads of people started doing it. To top it off people were stealing the bottles of mustard and ketchup etc and started throwing that too.

When people started throwing pints it was actually rather pleasant, better than a mix of piss and mustard!

Why throw anything though???? If they must throw something, why cant they throw 10 pound nots or something!