PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the Shed - Day 2

Wul
31st October 2005, 05:38 AM
Well really day 2/3!!

Took the shed through to the Weeg on Saturday night(Kaisers Chiefs Gig) so had the first taste of a real trip.

Good Points:
Good range in 5th gear for cruising and plenty top end poke
Fuel economy

Bad points:
Drivers seat - is it just me or is it too narrow? the bits on the seat back which "hold you in" are too close together so you don't actually rest the flat of your back
Snatchy Clutch - must have stalled the thing at least 6 times on the last few days!

Supermarket trip today - took three attempts to swing into a parking space in tescos:I and it's a nightmare not knowing/seeing where the ends of the car are!:clown:

however got a cable for the aux in on the stereo so my zen touch is now providing me with tunes again! :cool::D

the saga continues.....:p;)

Mini Me
31st October 2005, 06:00 AM
and so continues the diary of Adrian Mole :p

Nae luck san !!!!!:p

Big Col
31st October 2005, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Well really day 2/3!!

Bad points:
Drivers seat - is it just me or is it too narrow? the bits on the seat back which "hold you in" are too close together so you don't actually rest the flat of your back
Snatchy Clutch - must have stalled the thing at least 6 times on the last few days!

Supermarket trip today - took three attempts to swing into a parking space in tescos:I and it's a nightmare not knowing/seeing where the ends of the car are!:clown:

So in summary mate your @rse is too fat for the seats, you cannie drive it without stalling and you cannie park to save your life.

So basically the moral of the story is don't buy a Mondeo, it turns you into a burd! :D;):blackeye:

Wul
31st October 2005, 07:15 PM
Glad to have you back on form Col - knew this thread would sort you out! LOL! :p

Big Gordy
1st November 2005, 05:19 AM
This all coming from a bloke who wants to be called SUSAN :p (and owned/drove a Corolla:dead:)
Can't complain about the old Mundane:approve: Now coming up for 9 years old and its NEVER needed anything outwith the usual stuff that wears out. Takes 4 adults and all their holiday luggage at a cruising speed of 85 down to Cornwall averaging 46 miles to the gallon8) Comes with 140bhp as standard and can lift her skirt and fair shift when she is asked too. BUT its not as much fun to drive as the mini :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
1st November 2005, 06:28 AM
Corolla <snigger> :D

Big Col
1st November 2005, 05:08 PM
Hey don't mock the Corolla! It was all I could afford at the time and what a fantastic car it was for a skint young feller! I never had to do a single thing to it in the 4 years I had it. It started first turn of the key every time with no servicing or even much looking after. It hardly drank any petrol and it didn't get me killed despite a 360 spin on the motorway! Quality car. Dull but quality.

Wul
1st November 2005, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I never had to do a single thing to it in the 4 years I had it.

So that's where your lacksidasical attitude to car maintenance comes from!! :clown:;):p:evil:

The Dogfather
1st November 2005, 06:17 PM
It hardly drank any petrol and it didn't get me killed despite a 360 spin on the motorway! Quality car. Dull but quality.

Corolla <still snigger>

How did you end up doing 360 on the motorway BTW?

Big Col
1st November 2005, 06:48 PM
I hit a patch of diesel going round the flyover corner joining the M74 to Glasgow South from the M73. Big Gordy spun at the same place about 3 days after me. Scary.

Scottie
1st November 2005, 06:55 PM
I hit a patch of diesel going round the flyover corner joining the M74 to Glasgow South from the M73. Big Gordy spun at the same place about 3 days after me. Scary.

but that bit has that anti skid surface stuff on it.:) If I'm wrong just shoot me.:I

Crombers
1st November 2005, 06:56 PM
Never mind the Corolla (we all drove a variety of mingin cars in oor past) , it's the weekend Susan thing that still perturbs me :eek:

Big Col
1st November 2005, 07:09 PM
Does it? I've never noticed. It certainly didn't then I can assure you!

Also the Susan thing is just people being nasty Fi! I had said that if I don't turn up for Arbroath next year people can call me Susan and now they're just picking on me. :(

Burple
1st November 2005, 09:16 PM
Does it? I've never noticed. It certainly didn't then I can assure you!

Also the Susan thing is just people being nasty Fi! I had said that if I don't turn up for Arbroath next year people can call me Susan and now they're just picking on me. :(

Awww.. don't worry <snigger> Susan <snigger>... don't let the big boys pick on you.. <snigger>
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wul
1st November 2005, 10:40 PM
Big Susie....Resident Crocheter and Mrs Nice :)