PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the Shed - Day 1

Wul
29th October 2005, 04:29 AM
Well, tomorrow my MCS leaves me for good :( so today I had the joy of driving home in my hired Shed (Mundano LX 1.8 TDCI) whilst my company shed (Mudano Zetec S 2.0 TDCI) is having a new engine fitted after the last driver blew the turbo 2 days before he was due to change motors!:clown::I

So thought i'd share my wee period of "transition" with you!

Today was so weird! Returning back from the hire depot to the office was scary - turned the steering wheel enough for a 90deg turn in the MINI and the Shed barely deviated from going straight!:clown:8)

And as for body roll - i'm struggling to tell if it is the soggy suspension or the fat tyres!:dead:

to be continued.......

Scottie
29th October 2005, 04:32 AM
:( that's awful:(

A Mudano Zetec well JC from TopGear loves them so that's got to be a plus;)

The Dogfather
29th October 2005, 04:48 AM
I know what you mean I really had a problem with switching between cars when we had the Fester Zetec and the MINI. The fiesta was with us for only 6 months so it should tell you how bad it was. The Mondeo isn't anywhere near as bad as that I hope......

The Omega we have now turns in so much slower than the MINI as well, but if you've got used to it it can handle well (MV6 is lower by 30mm than normal Omegas) you just have to turn more.:p

It can also powerslide as I found out on a wet roundabout which had a bit of diesel :I

Craig
29th October 2005, 06:13 PM
I get to drive a lot of different cars in my job, and the Mundane is not the worst by a long shot. At least it has a pretty good engine and is fairly comfortable. We used to have a Toyota Corolla Diesel and it really was horrid...

Hope you get used to it ;)

euan
30th October 2005, 02:56 AM
I used to get Mondeo's a fair bit as hire cars and had one of the TDCI once - jet black estate! I drove it from Edinburgh to London and was quite impressed, comfortable and could be "hustled" along. The handling, while not mini levels, was pretty good on the A702, at least you knew what the tyres were doing.

I had an Avensis once as a hire car - now THAT was awful.