PDA

View Full Version : Weeds - SkyOne

Wul
28th October 2005, 09:31 PM
Who's watching it?
Do you like it?

I think it's pretty cool - especially the theme TUNE (http://www.bolt.com/music/malvina_reynolds_little_boxes.mp3) at the start!

discuss
:D

euan
28th October 2005, 09:40 PM
Since we moved house I've not been allowed to fit sky :( I'm working on it though....

Freeview was an option but I want to get a PVR.

But in summing up, nope, not watched it and never even heard of it!

duncan
28th October 2005, 10:10 PM
Seen it plugged loads on Sky, but never really fancied it.

Burple
28th October 2005, 11:50 PM
I'm with you Buffmeister!

Seen most of them, managed to miss about the first 10 mins of the first one tho..
It's ok... nothing great so far, it's a bit like Desperate Housewives, a mainstream story about something taboo in society really..

I think if it had been released a few years ago, it would have made a Huge splash... but the sensationalism surrounding Cannabis has dwindled a fair bit recently (except I suppose in some sheltered households ;))
and I feel it's not as outrageous as the ads suggest.. It's for Bubblegum America to make itself feel like it's a bit naughty and part of some subculture.. While the REAL subculture sits back, watches and thinks "That's a bit lame, pass the weed!" :D:D:D

..except for the copius swearing by the kiddies in it :D

It's worth watching if there's nowt else on tho! :D:D

(still prefer Lost by a long way.. just got me mitts on the whole first series matey.. wanna know some more?? ;);):p:p:p)

Wul
29th October 2005, 12:05 AM
It's funny LnL - I just knew you'd post on this thread somehow! ;)

I like it for the bizzare family set-ups and strange goings on like the cargo load of coke landing on the house!! It has it's moments! :)

Burple
29th October 2005, 12:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

It's funny LnL - I just knew you'd post on this thread somehow! ;)

I like it for the bizzare family set-ups and strange goings on like the cargo load of coke landing on the house!! It has it's moments! :)

Don't like to disappoint :p:D
Things with potential like that just happen to grab my attention.. ;)

In some respects ANYTHING is better than ANOTHER reality TV show (seriously - a reality show about HAIRDRESSING????) ** .. even hollyoaks.. and THAT is ONE CRAPPY piece of 'entertainment'...

** Yes.. I am fully aware of the irony in that sentence :p:D