PDA

View Full Version : We've sprung a leak !!!

gill
27th October 2005, 07:14 PM
My wee min has sprung a leak!!!:eek:

Seems to be coming in through the boot lid area around the roof (RHS only). My RHS rear seat is really wet - YUCK!!!

It is booked in to have it looked at - anyone else had similar problem???

Our local dealer say they've never heard of this problem before!

Remember that my min is not a convertible, so no excuses for leaks!:mad:

MartinSullivan
27th October 2005, 07:16 PM
I have heard stories of water getting in round the high level brake light or rear light clusters - but that doesnt normally run down on to the seats

gill
27th October 2005, 07:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I have heard stories of water getting in round the high level brake light or rear light clusters - but that doesnt normally run down on to the seats

Boo Hoo :(

GAJ
27th October 2005, 07:29 PM
Could be around the aerial aperture. Check that too.

The Dogfather
27th October 2005, 07:41 PM
Is there any sign of it running down? Is it the seat back or the seat base?

We had a problem with water coming in and soaking the seat belts mechanism, there was a musty smell on the belts themselves, I believe this is a known fault.

gill
27th October 2005, 08:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Is there any sign of it running down? Is it the seat back or the seat base?

We had a problem with water coming in and soaking the seat belts mechanism, there was a musty smell on the belts themselves, I believe this is a known fault.

It appears to be dripping onto the rear parcel shelf and then running down the very side of the seat (like down the plastic side bitty!) as the top of the seat isn't so wet! Just really wet around the fold in the seat - if you know what I mean:D

KenL
27th October 2005, 09:13 PM
Dealer never heard of it - rubbish:disapprove: Who is it?

In my MINI it had all three rear lights replaced. The high level brake lamp was letting in water and making the bottom of the boot damp.

Many recorded cases also on MINI2 of water getting in through aerial. A lot of people said the water dripped out through the rear view mirror but that may because they were point with nose downhill.

gill
28th October 2005, 12:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
Dealer never heard of it - rubbish:disapprove: Who is it?

In my MINI it had all three rear lights replaced. The high level brake lamp was letting in water and making the bottom of the boot damp.

Many recorded cases also on MINI2 of water getting in through aerial. A lot of people said the water dripped out through the rear view mirror but that may because they were point with nose downhill.

My back lights do suffer from condensation we've noticed. Definately coming from the roof end of the car - parcel shelf wet, boot floor dampish and seat wet! Seems to be dripping down the interior side of the car. :(

In response to your first question our local dealer is Grassicks, Perth.

KenL
28th October 2005, 03:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

My back lights do suffer from condensation we've noticed. Definately coming from the roof end of the car - parcel shelf wet, boot floor dampish and seat wet! Seems to be dripping down the interior side of the car. :(

In response to your first question our local dealer is Grassicks, Perth.

I'm sure minime will be along soon to defend his employer's position :p

I'd firstly have the high brake light unit/seal checked out, that is where I got water in the car, not as much as you though by the sound of it.

Mini Me
28th October 2005, 07:09 AM

i'm pretty sure we have had this problem on ocassion:eek::blackeye::evil:

edited to cover arse:dead:;)

GAJ
28th October 2005, 07:14 AM
My money is still on the aerial!

Mini Me
28th October 2005, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

My money is still on the aerial!

my moneys on another dealer dobbin me in :eek::blackeye::evil::I

Big Col
28th October 2005, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

i'm pretty sure we have had this problem on ocassion:eek::blackeye::evil:

edited to cover arse:dead:;)

Translation : Lying B@stards!!!

Wul
28th October 2005, 04:39 PM
Here col - you'd think he'd 'ave learned his lesson by now!;):p

The Dogfather
28th October 2005, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Stupid is what stupid does......... and does again and again again because he's too stupid to learn :p:p;)

Mini Me
29th October 2005, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

learn :question::question::question::question:,youv'e got the wrong man :evil:;):D

shoppie
29th October 2005, 05:32 AM
I seem to recall one of my previous two MINIS having the same wet parcel shelf prob. Think it was the gold one. Was told the boot door needed adjustment. Whatever was done solved it.:)