PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish MINI Cooper Challenge

Linda M
8th March 2003, 11:14 PM
Right, can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is going ahead or not ?

So far there has been no press or publicity for it. The last I heard was that they hadn't sold enough cars. I got all the pack details for it which was very impressive but there's been no follow up.

The first round is supposed to be April the 27th and I was going to try organise a MINI meet lunch for it but seemingly the restuarant at Knochill is in the process of being taken over by new folks so I can't get a hold of anyone at the moment. So I was knida thinking if it goes ahead I'd try the place we used fo the Festive run then we could have a big MINI parade up to Knockhill.

Julz
9th March 2003, 03:23 AM
I was in John Clarks on thursday and they were saying all 22 of their cooper challenge cars are done now, so next time i'm in, i'll ask what the story is!:p

Linda M
9th March 2003, 10:23 PM
Thank's Julz :)

lightbody
10th March 2003, 05:55 AM
I'm going to be trying to talk to the organiser early this week and will let you all know what he says. We've had it in Mini Clan's event's calendar for months so would look very silly if it wasn't happening now, so it had better be! Either that or we're all going to have to stick some big numbers on our doors and go and present we're the official cars OK???

john
10th March 2003, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

I'm going to be trying to talk to the organiser early this week and will let you all know what he says. We've had it in Mini Clan's event's calendar for months so would look very silly if it wasn't happening now, so it had better be! Either that or we're all going to have to stick some big numbers on our doors and go and present we're the official cars OK???

There are two people in Aberdeen with challenge cars and its definately happening:D

PS if anyone wants to come along and give me some support on the Granite City Rally 19 April then please do its a Great event:D and its the first rally I have done for 7 years:dead:

Monsta Mo Mini
12th March 2003, 09:59 PM
Does that mean you'll be doing the Jim Clarke aswell?

Linda M
13th March 2003, 12:05 AM
I'm still confused about this whole thing ! There's no mention of this event on the SMRC (it's supposed to be run by them) website so I have e-mailed them asking if it is going ahead.

Gismo
13th March 2003, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by john
There are two people in Aberdeen with challenge cars and its definately happening:D
PS if anyone wants to come along and give me some support on the Granite City Rally 19 April then please do its a Great event:D and its the first rally I have done for 7 years:dead:
I'll certainly come along providing i'm not away working.

Bonnie Scotland