PDA

View Full Version : Car history

euan
25th October 2005, 09:46 PM
Thought I'd share some pics I found. I never did get round to sharing pics of my S, or my cooper for that matter.

This is my old cooper:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/1545/coopermedium0ih.jpg

This is my old S:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/681/mysmedium1dd.jpg

And this is a pic of my old S, my brothers old Cooper (sold it for an RX8) and my Dad's old Cooper (which is what I drive when I go back to Aberdeen)
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/873/threeofakindmedium0kx.jpg

Enjoy!

Mini Me
25th October 2005, 10:00 PM
Where you buy your cars ???????:p.....
i know where you don't !, but we can change that my son:p

Burple
25th October 2005, 10:22 PM
Is that a proper Sportspack Cooper, or is it just the arches?
My suspicions go with later arches on an earlier car... ;);)

Looks good with all 3 together!!! :D:D

MartinSullivan
25th October 2005, 10:23 PM
Nice collection of cars :D

euan
26th October 2005, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Is that a proper Sportspack Cooper, or is it just the arches?
My suspicions go with later arches on an earlier car... ;);)

Looks good with all 3 together!!! :D:D

It's an older car with the Sportpack arches, it's on an L plate but I'm not sure of the year. It's a bit wild really as it's got a K&N filter and a very loud exhaust! It also has possibly the largest revesing light you've ever seen, it's the same size as the spotlights at the front! It's also since had John Cooper signatures on the stripes. I love driving it, it's not what you'd call relaxing, but it's great fun (and did I mention it was very loud!)

euan
26th October 2005, 04:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Where you buy your cars ???????:p.....
i know where you don't !, but we can change that my son:p

All my Mini's were bought from Eastern in Edinburgh, as was my brothers who drove from Aberdeen to get it as they had a built slot sooner than JC.

It was a bit mad really, ordered my S and then moved to London, so I flew up on the Thursday night, then went to get my new car and drove it back to London! (ah, the A702 was a fitting welcome to it!!)

Needless to say, should I get another one you'll be the first to know. I do keep weakening and thinking I should get another one, but I now do too many miles for an S to be comfortable, it was killing my back.

Mini Me
26th October 2005, 05:39 PM
Oooooh, the new deeper sports seats.................such a difference

euan
26th October 2005, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Oooooh, the new deeper sports seats.................such a difference

Are they standard or optional extra? And can you retro fit them?

Burple
26th October 2005, 08:45 PM
quote:
It's an older car with the Sportpack arches, it's on an L plate but I'm not sure of the year. It's a bit wild really as it's got a K&N filter and a very loud exhaust! It also has possibly the largest revesing light you've ever seen, it's the same size as the spotlights at the front! It's also since had John Cooper signatures on the stripes. I love driving it, it's not what you'd call relaxing, but it's great fun (and did I mention it was very loud!)

Aha! I'm still a geek :D superb :D
My L plate Cooper had a lovely K&N and a stainless Playmini (big bore) from the Cat back... It's a LOVELY noise! I love those big reversing lights too (not so sure how legal they are ;)) I kept having those crazy ideas like getting one fitted to the Ol' Cooper, and wiring it up to a switch on the dash.. for those 'occaisions' when there's someone behind you with their fog lights or main beam on... driving like a tool... ;):D:cool::cool::cool::cool::evil:

Man I miss that wee car... :( :D

gill
27th October 2005, 04:03 AM
Loving the pics!!!

Did we keep passing you on the Dundee-Aberdeen road a couple of Sundays ago??? Looks very similar to the wee green min that kept trying to blow us away!!:D

Great pics anyway:D