PDA

View Full Version : Movie Premiere and Gala Dinner - Sat 10th Dec

Craig
25th October 2005, 04:50 AM
I Jude had a wee thought (edited to keep the peace) about a run that we could do during the winter months... In the run up to xmas Jude and myself normally make a special effort to go the the movies to see the cheesy xmas movie that they have on and have a meal, so this year we thought we might get a few others and not go it alone :(.

My thought is to have a wee run included, aswell as supporting our friendly independant (and current members) Cinema in Galashiels. I am of course refering to AndyP and Lenore, Neil and Lorna who run the Pavilion Cinema in Gala.

I have been in contact with Andy and he has agreed that we would be made very welcome. He has also very kindly agreed to reduce the entrance price to kids rates (I think he is saying we are all just big kids at heart ;)) which is a bargain at only £3.50 per head (for Runners only:D).

The Date selected is Sat 10th December, not too close to Xmas, but close enough to make it still feel like Xmas ;). Idea is to meet at various locations and rendevous at say Hermiston Gait for the run down to Gala. Aim for the Matinee show in the afternoon and have some Dinner at a local establishment, then make our own way back home before the roads get icy:D

Jude and myself will be going anyway, but I think it would be nice to make a day of it with some friends....;)

Oh, nearly forgot, the 2 films which should be available (AndyP is checking for me) are Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia.

Craig :D

1. Craig & Jude
2. Scottiecoop
3. SleepyRascal & Girlfriend
4. MarkyC
5. Duncan S, Helen & Carol
6. John & Nenah
7. Jason, Lesley & Kerr
8. Weefossy
9. saraandcraig

Meeting Stirling Services @ 10:00hrs

1. Craig & Jude
2. MarkyC
3. Lesley, Jason & Kerr

Rendevous @ Hermiston Gait @ 10:45hrs

1. Weefossy
2. Duncan S, Helen & Carol

sleepyrascal
25th October 2005, 04:53 AM
PLEASE NOT THE CRAPPY CHRONILES OF CRAPNESS!

Scottie
25th October 2005, 04:57 AM
Put me as a maybe but at that time of the year all depends on weather:(

Craig
25th October 2005, 04:59 AM
no probs Fiona, I understand...:D

sleepyrascal
25th October 2005, 05:03 AM
Right, Put me and my Girlfriend down for this one. Again it depends on weather. + I have to wrap up some work stuff around then.

Totally up for it if I can manage!

markyc
25th October 2005, 06:08 AM
MarkyC is a definate, sounds a good day out :D Hope the Pavillion has plently bags of Revels HMMMMMMMM ;):D:D

Mini Me
25th October 2005, 07:25 AM
Hmmmmm ,3 day's before colorado but my wife is dying to see Narnia.

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2005, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

MarkyC is a definate, sounds a good day out :D Hope the Pavillion has plently bags of Revels HMMMMMMMM ;):D:D

revels in abundance! ! :D

phantom
27th October 2005, 03:48 AM
Sorry Craig, I'm in Sheffield seeing Stomp that night.

markyc
27th October 2005, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Hmmmmm ,3 day's before colorado but my wife is dying to see Narnia.

You could even sit in the winchin'seats up the back :eek::eek::eek::blackeye:;)

markyc
27th October 2005, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by markyc

revels in abundance! ! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
27th October 2005, 04:31 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea :D We want to see both films so either suits us. Please add Helen and I to the list, cheers

Neil and Lorna
28th October 2005, 03:13 AM
Hi Craig

I'm sure we could arrange a visit to view the projection room.
For anybody who hasn't seen one.:)

So long as were not to busy.:D

Neil.:cool:

Craig
28th October 2005, 04:04 PM
sounds like a top idea Neil :D:D- promise not to bring my radios and use 'that' phrase :eek::eek::p:p:blackeye::blackeye::approve::approv e:

Nenah
28th October 2005, 08:01 PM
Sounds good - please add John and me to the list too! :D

N12 JLK
29th October 2005, 02:18 AM
is kerr allowed to come or is it adults only:question:

Craig
29th October 2005, 03:43 AM
kerr will be VERY welcome, afterall it is a kids movie we will most probably going to see..:D:D

We will be eating fairly early I would think just after 5, so most places allow kids in at that time.

edited after some info from our cinema guru.;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th October 2005, 03:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

kerr will be VERY welcome, afterall it is a kids movie we will most probably going to see..:D:D

We will be eating fairly early I would think just before or after 6, so most places allow kids in at that time.

Craig, pretty much whatever film you watch it's gonna finish around 4.30 to 5pm at the latest. so a 6pm. dinner may be a bit late. depends on if you had plans to do something between movie and dinner.

N12 JLK
29th October 2005, 07:02 PM
yes we will go undecided on kerr though!

Jason and Lesley for sure:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2005, 07:20 PM
Any particular reason this thread has not been made sticky?

weefossy
30th October 2005, 09:11 PM
Great Idea, would love to see the projection room, if possible:) Prefer H Potter, if I had to choose.

Craig
31st October 2005, 05:09 AM
shall I add you and mum to the list?? - no need to bring the sannies and tea, we shall be dining out ;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2005, 05:12 AM

no need to bring the sannies and tea, we shall be dining out ;)

Lol. Nice try. It won't stop them. :D

N12 JLK
31st October 2005, 06:14 AM
Andy, Lenore any nice hotels in the area, maybe pool sauna ect, might be nice to make a weekend of it!

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2005, 08:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Andy, Lenore any nice hotels in the area, maybe pool sauna ect, might be nice to make a weekend of it!

Best I can think of is the MacDonald Cardrona (http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/cardrona/accommodation/index.htm) which has all of the above. It's a huge hotel with a nice golf course (organised a golf day for some mates earlier this year - lots of fun:D).

I don't know exactly how many stars it has but it's a full blown "country-club" style hotel so it's probably got 4 or 5.:D:cool::D

It's only 16 miles from Gala too.:D

Nothing like it in or nearer to Gala, sorry.:(

weefossy
1st November 2005, 05:15 AM
Yes Craig, add us to the list.

saraandcraig
2nd November 2005, 06:11 AM
put us down as e definate maybe, sara has the night free now but a christmas gig might come in before then, cheers .

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2005, 08:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

put us down as e definate maybe, sara has the night free now but a christmas gig might come in before then, cheers .

You guys won't have far to travel.:);)

saraandcraig
5th November 2005, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

You guys won't have far to travel.:);)
[/quote] 17mins flat from home to cinema seat with popcorn if sara is driving!!

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2005, 07:00 AM
Just replying to this to keep from slipping off the front page, 'cos it still hasn't been mad sticky by a mod. HINT HINT!:D

GAJ
10th November 2005, 07:20 AM
:approve:

Craig
10th November 2005, 04:29 PM
thanks GAJ - it's not true what Andy says about you :eek::eek::p;):D

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2005, 07:48 PM

thanks GAJ - it's not true what Andy says about you :eek::eek::p;):D

Craig, please don't make it worse.:disapprove::disapprove: I can't seem to say anything right.;)

N12 JLK
17th November 2005, 04:49 AM
What about a re-run off The Polar Express from last year Andy and Lenore nice and Christmasy.Looking forward to a good day out. Are you all taking your Minis down or 2nd cars ( got to think of all that nasty salt on the roads) Im happy to take mine!

Craig
17th November 2005, 05:15 AM
will definately be taking the MINI. :D:D

............although if there is snow on the ground, will be Jude's RAV4..;)

Scottie
17th November 2005, 05:32 AM
I'll definately NOT be taking my Mini:(:( wrong time of year need to make it back up the A9 for work on the Monday:(

N12 JLK
17th November 2005, 05:35 AM
I was thinking of bubble wrap for mine if i do take it:D

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2005, 06:11 AM

What about a re-run off The Polar Express from last year Andy and Lenore nice and Christmasy.Looking forward to a good day out. Are you all taking your Minis down or 2nd cars ( got to think of all that nasty salt on the roads) Im happy to take mine!

Great idea Lesley but we can't take a current film off to show Polar Express. Besides, between Narnia and Harry Potter you've got a couple of great choices there. Will also have two other films still running (probably Wallace & Gromit and Nanny McPhee).

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2005, 06:11 AM
I doubt we'll be bringing the Mini but would still like Craig and Mark to change those bulbs for us, so we can bring the MINI also.:D;):D Probably our X5 - which we picked up today!!!! Yiipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!:D:D

Craig
17th November 2005, 04:30 PM
the bulb changing will still happen - frett not young skywalker...;)

Let's hope the weather is kind to us.:D

Scottie
17th November 2005, 06:06 PM

[quote
Besides, between Narnia and Harry Potter you've got a couple of great choices there. Will also have two other films still running (probably Wallace & Gromit and Nanny McPhee).

Can I vote for Harry Potter:kiss::kiss:

If not Nanny McPhee:cool::cool:

Craig
19th November 2005, 04:21 AM
right, following on from Fiona's post (and a wee conversation with Ticket Collector Andy..;)) I would like you to all vote for what film you want...

The choice is Harry Potter or Chronicles of Narnia... There will be other movies, but these are the only definate xmassy ones which we know will be shown..:D

I would like everyone to go to the same movie, but I understand if you absolutely hate the choice and want to go into another. We aim to please.;)

START VOTING!:D:D

weefossy
19th November 2005, 05:13 AM
Weefossys = Harry Potter, please

Scottie
19th November 2005, 05:16 AM
Harry Potter vote x 2 that's one for me and one from Allan:D

Craig
19th November 2005, 05:17 AM
oh aye - me and jude vote for harry potter also, 'cos I've had to stop her going to the pictures this weekend (I am not popular :()

:D:D

N12 JLK
19th November 2005, 06:06 AM
I vote for Saturday Night Fever

N12 JLK
19th November 2005, 06:12 AM
Serious reply from Lesley:disapprove:

We vote for Narnia as we have not seen any Harry Potter films. I know, I know, it's just not our thing! and will HP not be a bit scary for my wee cheeky monkey (Kerr, that is). If it is we can always leave him at home. Good excuse for an adult night oot.

AndyP & Lenore
19th November 2005, 07:59 AM

Serious reply from Lesley:disapprove:

We vote for Narnia as we have not seen any Harry Potter films. I know, I know, it's just not our thing! and will HP not be a bit scary for my wee cheeky monkey (Kerr, that is). If it is we can always leave him at home. Good excuse for an adult night oot.

We watched Harry Potter 4 on Wednesday night. It is scarier that any of the other HP Films, and to be honest it deserves it's 12A certificate. It's a very dark film. But I've seen 10 year olds coming out of less scary films with 5 year olds staying in the hall lapping it up. So how Kerr reacts to it will depend on Kerr's nature. There will always be Narnia, and I think one of the other films will more than likely be Wallace & Grommit.

A.

N12 JLK
20th November 2005, 06:13 AM
list required A+P what grub do you have on offer during the flic, cheesy nachos, hot dogs, ben and jerrys? :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th November 2005, 06:48 AM

list required A+P what grub do you have on offer during the flic, cheesy nachos, hot dogs, ben and jerrys? :D

Cripes!!! None of the above. :(

Busy busy busy with Mr Potter's fans just now. Will post list soon. Watch this space.

Scottie
20th November 2005, 07:19 AM

Busy busy busy with Mr Potter's fans just now. Will post list soon. Watch this space.

Oh Man you've no got cheesy nachos:(:(:p;)

AndyP & Lenore
20th November 2005, 07:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

No, they make a mess of the carpet.:mad:;)

We sell lots of sweets ranging from a 5p drumstick to a pot of Revels/Minstrels/Maltesers, Pringles (small or large), popcorn (sweet, salt or caramel), Haagen Dasz ice cream, Walls ice cream and of course juice.

We don't sell hot dogs as the Borders folk don't seem to like them and when we tried to sell them a while back we were throwing away more than we sold (although Andrew and Neil were eating some of the ones that didn't sell ;):D).

L

Scottie
20th November 2005, 07:30 AM

No, they make a mess of the carpet.:mad:;)

We sell lots of sweets ranging from a 5p drumstick to a pot of Revels/Minstrels/Maltesers, Pringles (small or large), popcorn (sweet, salt or caramel), Haagen Dasz ice cream, Walls ice cream and of course juice.

We don't sell hot dogs as the Borders folk don't seem to like them and when we tried to sell them a while back we were throwing away more than we sold (although Andrew and Neil were eating some of the ones that didn't sell ;):D).

L

pop corn always good what juice is it draft??? coke or pepsi

AndyP & Lenore
20th November 2005, 07:32 AM
SC - it's Coke. We also have bottled water or cartons of Ribena.

Scottie
20th November 2005, 07:36 AM

SC - it's Coke. We also have bottled water or cartons of Ribena.

nope coke fine by me

so that will be pop corn caramal small coke and a tub of minstrels for me.

easy pleased:)

roll on Harry Potter:cool:;)

cannae wai:It

dog sitter is booked ready to go.

N12 JLK
21st November 2005, 04:08 AM
I'll bring a caming stove and set up a stall and split the profits,
£1.50 cheese burger
£1.20 hotdogs
£2.00 chilli burger
:)

Craig
21st November 2005, 04:13 AM
1 Hotdog
1 CheeseBurger

and 2 Diet Cokes fae Andy ;);)

Duncan Stewart
21st November 2005, 04:43 AM
Either film is fine with us.

AndyP & Lenore
21st November 2005, 07:25 PM

I'll bring a caming stove and set up a stall and split the profits,
£1.50 cheese burger
£1.20 hotdogs
£2.00 chilli burger
:)

LOL. There wouldn't be any profits. Borders Folk just don't seem interested in hot food:(. We've tried it twice. Had our "fingers burnt" so to speak - twice;). Also I put on a stone in weight last time:(. So never again:disapprove:.

Although we do sell "Hot and Spicy Nuts", which are hot in spicy and hot in temperature. And they seem to love them. Go figure>>>>...?????:question::question::question:

It's weird 'cos the first thing I do when I go to another cinema, is head for the confectionery counter and buy the largest hot dog on offer.:question::disapprove::eek:;):D

AndyP & Lenore
21st November 2005, 07:26 PM

1 Hotdog
1 CheeseBurger

This your idea of a ballanced meal Craig?;););)

N12 JLK
22nd November 2005, 03:38 AM

1 Hotdog
1 CheeseBurger

This your idea of a ballanced meal Craig?;););)

CANT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS FINE SELECTION OF FOOD:p

Craig
22nd November 2005, 05:41 AM
that's what I was thinking.....but it may ruin our evening meal. Talking of that, have you got any suggestions??:question:

I don't think it has to be anything too fancy, especially as there may be kids along. ? ?:D

I can eat most types of food, so not bothered what it is... - Borders people, over to you..

AndyP & Lenore
22nd November 2005, 06:56 AM

that's what I was thinking.....but it may ruin our evening meal. Talking of that, have you got any suggestions??:question:

I don't think it has to be anything too fancy, especially as there may be kids along. ? ?:D

I can eat most types of food, so not bothered what it is... - Borders people, over to you..

Hmmmmmmm... <thinks>

Abbotsford Arms Hotel (where we had the Borders Run Buffet). They are Child friendly.

There's 2 good Chinese restaurants. One's called the Silver Star and the name of the other one escapes me for the moment. Both are fairly expensive, but very good.

There's a J.D.Witherspoon's. And a Pub/Restaurant called the Foundry, operated by Belhaven breweries. It's basically a smaller version of a Brewer's Fayre type of establishment.

I'll stick my thinking cap on to see if I can come up with anywhere else.

Personally, I'd go for any one of the Chinese's.

A

sleepyrascal
22nd November 2005, 07:18 AM
Hey. My girlfriend can go to this anymore because Audi have drafted her in for an extra weekend. GOD DAM JOHN CLARK!! I'm still going as far as i know though.

Craig
22nd November 2005, 04:31 PM
Andy, thanks for that - anyone not able to have chinese?? any special dietary requirements..??;)

Sleepy, no problem, hope you can still make it.

:D

N12 JLK
25th November 2005, 03:51 AM
just plenty of cold buds required:)

N12 JLK
25th November 2005, 03:53 AM
Whats the vote on the film Narnia or Harry Snotter:question:

Craig
25th November 2005, 04:57 AM
Harry P is winning by a country mile........:D:D

as said before though, we don't all have to go into the same film as the timings of them are very similar...

duncan
25th November 2005, 05:29 AM
I can't go, Dog Sitting, so I went to see HP today.It should have been two films:eek:

weefossy
25th November 2005, 06:31 AM
Chinese will do nicely. No one please mention to Sioban that there is a lack of food at the cinema....she will have "the van" parked up in no time!!:D;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2005, 06:39 AM

Whats the vote on the film Narnia or Harry Snotter:question:

<snigger> Its not Harry Snotter, its Harry Pothead!:D

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2005, 08:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

...... so I went to see HP today.It should have been two films:eek:

What did you think of the film?

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2005, 08:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Chinese will do nicely. No one please mention to Sioban that there is a lack of food at the cinema....she will have "the van" parked up in no time!!:D;)

What's this lack of food nonsense? OK, we don't sell hot food, but our confectionery choice is way bigger than most other cinema's.:D Honest.;)

duncan
25th November 2005, 08:46 AM

...... so I went to see HP today.It should have been two films:eek:

What did you think of the film?

I've read all the books, [yes, I am a sad man], and I've got to say I was a wee bit disappointed in this one. A casual film goer will probably get more out of the film, than a book fanboy will.

There are too many cuts from the book, like The Dursleys (a key fact later in the series), Hogsmeade, and it generally felt rushed.
There were also some pretty sudden scene changes. The flow of the book seemed to have gone.

On the plus side, the actors are improving with age, Mad Eye Moody's eye is well done, and Cho Changs accent is freaking some Americans out over on the IMDB - which is great!

For me, its definately a 2 film book, and seeing as The Order of the Pheonix, and the Half Blood Prince are even longer, it'll be interesting to see how they do the next instalment.

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2005, 09:05 AM
I've read all the books, [yes, I am a sad man], and I've got to say I was a wee bit disappointed in this one. A casual film goer will probably get more out of the film, than a book fanboy will.

There are too many cuts from the book, like The Dursleys (a key fact later in the series), Hogsmeade, and it generally felt rushed.
There were also some pretty sudden scene changes. The flow of the book seemed to have gone.

On the plus side, the actors are improving with age, Mad Eye Moody's eye is well done, and Cho Changs accent is freaking some Americans out over on the IMDB - which is great!

For me, its definately a 2 film book, and seeing as The Order of the Pheonix, and the Half Blood Prince are even longer, it'll be interesting to see how they do the next instalment.

Pretty well agree, Duncan. I've read all but the most recent book - it's in the middle of my TBR pile.

The actors are improving with age, including Daniel Radcliffe - which is just as well, because he's been pretty awful so far, IMHO. But there are massive chunks of the book simply discarded, because they have no other choice in a single movie. And I thought the editing, in particular, was absolutely awful. It's also been shot very dark - almost like they shot the whole film 2 stops lower than usual on the exposure. It makes our job considerably harder in the projection booth.

But bitching aside, it's a really good film, really. Honest.;) Excellent special effects, ultimately a dam good story and very well directed.:D

Should've been two movies though.:eek:;):D:disapprove:

Scottie
25th November 2005, 06:05 PM

Pretty well agree, Duncan. I've read all but the most recent book - it's in the middle of my TBR pile.

The actors are improving with age, including Daniel Radcliffe - which is just as well, because he's been pretty awful so far, IMHO. But there are massive chunks of the book simply discarded, because they have no other choice in a single movie. And I thought the editing, in particular, was absolutely awful. It's also been shot very dark - almost like they shot the whole film 2 stops lower than usual on the exposure. It makes our job considerably harder in the projection booth.

But bitching aside, it's a really good film, really. Honest.;) Excellent special effects, ultimately a dam good story and very well directed.:D

Should've been two movies though.:eek:;):D:disapprove:

Hey great STOP TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE I've not seen yet :mad::mad::blackeye::p:)

Craig
26th November 2005, 12:49 AM
aye, seconded - Jude will cut yer bits off if you keep talking about it before she has seen it :eek::approve:

duncan
26th November 2005, 01:30 AM

aye, seconded - Jude will cut yer bits off if you keep talking about it before she has seen it :eek::approve:

Has she read the books?

Craig
26th November 2005, 01:50 AM
yeah, all of them, but she claims that the films are completely different to the books... I can't comment as I don't read books, but I do have to live with her, so STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!

thanks ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th November 2005, 01:56 AM
The times for Narnia and Potter are now available:

Narnia will be at 12:20pm (finishing at 3:00pm) or the next show is at 4:20pm (finishing at 7:00pm).

Potter will be at 12:30pm (finishing at 3:20pm) or the next show is at 4:10pm (finishing at 7:00pm).

Hope this helps with your decisions.:D

L

sleepyrascal
29th November 2005, 04:45 AM
Sorry. I'm startig to make this a habbit, but i'm having to pull out of this one. Sorry!

Craig
29th November 2005, 04:50 AM

The times for Narnia and Potter are now available:

Narnia will be at 12:20pm (finishing at 3:00pm) or the next show is at 4:20pm (finishing at 7:00pm).

Potter will be at 12:30pm (finishing at 3:20pm) or the next show is at 4:10pm (finishing at 7:00pm).

Hope this helps with your decisions.:D

L

From my point of view, I would prefer to go for the earlier showing and have dinner a bit earlier than normal, so that people have time to get back up the road before the weather turns really cold....

Craig

what does everyone else think ? ?

N12 JLK
29th November 2005, 05:25 AM
im up for that , early piccy and early din dins:). Hope its ok with everyone if me,Les and Kerr see Narnia, old Harold Snotter may be to scary for the young one;)
What about meeting at the Beancross Farm carpark sould be central for most!

Oh how about we bring along Christmas crackers and party poppers for the meal to make it festive:p

Craig
29th November 2005, 07:10 AM
talking of the meal, we want to book the restaurant, mostly because a lot of people will be having nights out and we want to make sure we get into the restaurant.

The current favourite is Chinese. If this is NOT ok for anyone going, can you let me know by Wednesday so that I can let Andy know to book the table.

Thanks

Craig

Scottie
29th November 2005, 07:33 AM

talking of the meal, we want to book the restaurant, mostly because a lot of people will be having nights out and we want to make sure we get into the restaurant.

The current favourite is Chinese. If this is NOT ok for anyone going, can you let me know by Wednesday so that I can let Andy know to book the table.

Thanks

Craig

I'm ok with the early time for the movie

also I'm ok with the food;)

however I will only know the Friday night before if I'm a definate it's all weather depending for me.:(

john
29th November 2005, 08:38 AM
OK I have not been keeping up with this thread:clown:sorry:)

Could you tell me (cos I'm too lazy to read it all):D

Where and when?:)

Craig
29th November 2005, 04:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

OK I have not been keeping up with this thread:clown:sorry:)

Could you tell me (cos I'm too lazy to read it all):D

Where and when?:)

Where - Gala (Borders..;))
When - Sat 10th Dec. The Film will start just after lunchtime (12ish), then Dinner afterwards in what looks like being a local chinese....

N12 JLK
30th November 2005, 05:29 AM
chinese is fine with us:cool: bring on the aromatic crispy duck and pancakes!!!! mmmmmm

Craig
30th November 2005, 04:39 PM
well it looks like Chinese for the meal as I've had no objections.... (not heard from Duncan S though...)

Andy - just go ahead and book a table/tables. There are 15 people listed, plus yourself and Lenore and also if Neil and Lorna are joining us for T.;)

Any probs, give me a ring or email.

Cheers

Craig:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2005, 04:51 AM

well it looks like Chinese for the meal as I've had no objections.... (not heard from Duncan S though...)

Andy - just go ahead and book a table/tables. There are 15 people listed, plus yourself and Lenore and also if Neil and Lorna are joining us for T.;)

Any probs, give me a ring or email.

Cheers

Will sort that out Mr D.

I'm off to a conference tomorrow, so I'll pop in on Friday and book a huge table.:D

N12 JLK
1st December 2005, 05:22 AM
hope its the 5 times table its my favorite!:)

Duncan Stewart
1st December 2005, 06:54 PM
Chinese fine for us. The will be 3 of us - Helen, Me and my daughter Carol. Cheers :D

Craig
2nd December 2005, 02:32 AM
no problem Duncan - Andy is sorting out the HUGE table tommorrow...:D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd December 2005, 08:53 AM

no problem Duncan - Andy is sorting out the HUGE table tommorrow...:D

Huge table booked. Well. Two moderately large tables actually. They can't fit 20 round one table. But we'll be close together. Only booked for 19 'cos I didn't know about Duncan's daughter, so I'll give them a shout tomorrow to let them know the table count is up one.

The owner (Angela) asked for a £5 per head deposit, but I tipped my head to one side:), winked;), put on a sexy smile:D and she agreed not to charge the fiver - "seeing as it's me":approve:

It's now imperative that if anyone drops out for any reason they post here as soon as possible so I can adjust the table numbers accordingly.

Ta.

AndyP

saraandcraig
3rd December 2005, 11:22 AM
sara has booked the night off so we will be there, chinese is good for us and will go with majority for which film and whatever time only takes us 20mins to get to gala.

weefossy
5th December 2005, 06:35 AM
So it's Harry P, then a Chinese. Sounds good to us. Sioban and I will be there in one car and I think it may be Neil and friend in another car, but will confirm the young ones asap. Does that cause any problems? What are the times / meeting places? Or is it somewhere on here and I have missed it?

Craig
5th December 2005, 04:28 PM
Not worked out the timings yet, that will be done very soon ;).

Meeting places will be Stirling Services and Hermiston Gait, then we will be going round the bypass and straight down the A7. No back roads due to time of the year and possibility of ice on untreated roads. (don't want any wee accidents..;))

If you could let me know asap if anyone else is coming for Dinner as we need to give definate numbers to the chinese restaurant. (they have been very kind in not taking a deposit from AndyP...:D:D)

Neil and Lorna
5th December 2005, 11:51 PM

(they have been very kind in not taking a deposit from AndyP...:D:D)

Getting money out of little bro AndyP is near on impossible.;);)

Neil:D

Scottie
6th December 2005, 04:02 AM
OMG OMG OMG the 10th is this weekend coming thought it was the following weekend. OMG i need to phone my dog sitter. will be back in a minute

Scottie
6th December 2005, 04:48 AM

OMG OMG OMG the 10th is this weekend coming thought it was the following weekend. OMG i need to phone my dog sitter. will be back in a minute

That's Granny booked:D:cool:

Right is everyone taking their Mini?????

What time for Stirling services.

Craig
6th December 2005, 06:22 AM
MEETING TIMES!

Meet at Stirling Services at 10:00hrs, leaving at 10:15hrs at the latest.

Rendevous at Hermiston Gait at 10:45hrs, we will just be driving in and picking up anybody that will be meeting there, ie not stopping for a chat. (Duncan S, John & Nenah??)

We can meet the Weefossy's down on the A7 around Dobbies/Butterfly world if that suits?? - just let me know, or if you want to come to Hermiston Gait that is fine...:D

We should hopefully be down in Gala for approx 11:30 - 11:45hrs. This will give us enough time to get up to the cinema and buy our wholesome snacks for the movies (they start at 12:20 and 12:30hrs).

Again, can I just ask if there is anyone who is definately not going to make it, please let me know so that we can cancel dinner for you.

If you could let me know where you are joining the convoy.

Cheers

AndyP & Lenore
6th December 2005, 06:27 AM

We can meet the Weefossy's down on the A7 around Dobbies/Butterfly world if that suits?? - just let me know, or if you want to come to Hermiston Gait that is fine...:D

Craig, just a wee observation....

Dobbies will be frikkin absolutely godamm really mobbed on the third last Saturday before Christmas. Hermiston Gait sounds a better prospect for getting parked to meet.;)

Craig
6th December 2005, 04:22 PM

Craig, just a wee observation....

Dobbies will be frikkin absolutely godamm really mobbed on the third last Saturday before Christmas. Hermiston Gait sounds a better prospect for getting parked to meet.;)

yeah, I know, I was hoping not to have to go in, but just phone them as we approached and they could join in the convoy....

N12 JLK
7th December 2005, 05:46 AM
cant wait , yes mini will attend all clean for 10 minutes, mmmmm large pepsi and loads of chocolate!!!!!!

weefossy
7th December 2005, 07:03 AM
Hermiston Gait is fine for us.... we'll meet you there

weefossy
7th December 2005, 07:44 AM
Just found out that Neil has to work on Saturday, so it will only be Sioban and i for the run / chinese. Once again, sorry to mess you about.
See you all at Hermiston Gait.

AndyP & Lenore
7th December 2005, 08:13 AM

cant wait , yes mini will attend all clean for 10 minutes, mmmmm large pepsi and loads of chocolate!!!!!!

Chocolate = Yes.
Pepsi = No.
Coke = Yes.

;)

Actually we've just signed a new 18 month deal with Coke.

A.

Craig
7th December 2005, 04:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Just found out that Neil has to work on Saturday, so it will only be Sioban and i for the run / chinese. Once again, sorry to mess you about.
See you all at Hermiston Gait.

not a problem, see you on Sat..:D

remember nae sarnies required ;)

AndyP & Lenore
9th December 2005, 03:32 AM
Weather looks to be fine and dandy for the weekend. Nice and warm on Saturday - between 11 degC & 8 degC. :cool::cool::cool:

Scottie
9th December 2005, 03:42 AM
sorry guys. cannae make it anymore:( :disapprove:

Colleague at work her father has passed away so I'm having to cover her this weekend.

Duncan Stewart
9th December 2005, 05:36 AM
We will meet you at Hermiston Gait then. canny wait :D

Craig
9th December 2005, 05:41 AM

sorry guys. cannae make it anymore:( :disapprove:

Colleague at work her father has passed away so I'm having to cover her this weekend.

Sorry to hear that Fiona, see you some other time. Let me know the next time your down this way, I have something to drop over to you.:D

Craig
9th December 2005, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

We will meet you at Hermiston Gait then. canny wait :D

See you there Duncan.

Crombers
9th December 2005, 11:05 PM
You guys have a great day , unfortunately my football will be on :( so I wont make it. Had hoped to be a late entry !!! but nae luck

john
10th December 2005, 02:28 PM
Sadly we cannot make it either:(
This was to be my first run in my new car but its now 5:30 and Nenah has been up since 4am being sick and has a burning fever.
sorry to be cancelling but some things just cannot be helped:(

I hope everyone has a great time,and we will see you all at the next event.

Craig
10th December 2005, 05:11 PM
no probs John, hope Nenah feels better soon.

See you next time.

<right, must go and wash the car...>

See you all soon;):D:D

N12 JLK
10th December 2005, 11:22 PM
Hope you all had a great day , sorry Craig for calling you at the last minute to cancel as explained Kerr was sick during the night and seemed ok this morning but when I was away getting some antibiotics for my synus problem he spewed again at 9.30:(. Cleaned the car this morning too and Kerr was so looking forward to seeing everyone and his best pal Markyc. Need to all meet up again soon even for just a chat and hope you enjoyed your breakfast Craig;).

Scottie
11th December 2005, 05:16 AM
Well anyone home yet???? How was the day?? what did I miss???

Looked in the garage this morning and my mini looked right sad sitting there with her Santa Antenna topper and tinsel round the dash
all dressed up and nowhere to go:(:(

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2005, 05:18 AM
Good to see everyone today.:cool: Hope you all had a good time.

Highlight of the night, Siobahn (mum) being called "lady".:D:D:D:D;);)

Hope to see you all soon (and we know whats coming "lady").:eek:

Thanks to Malcolm for the advent calendar.

Craig, not sure how the police did not pull us all over for a check on our cars.;);)

Thanks also to Craig and Mark for our bulbs and for changing them - they look the business.:D

Craig
11th December 2005, 07:18 AM

Well anyone home yet???? How was the day?? what did I miss???

Looked in the garage this morning and my mini looked right sad sitting there with her Santa Antenna topper and tinsel round the dash
all dressed up and nowhere to go:(:(

well, made it back from Gala in under 1hr 15mins, not bad..... the traffic was much better on the way home.:D:D

Thanks so much to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for their hospitality, the tour was amazing and it just goes to show how little work it is running a cinema....:eek::blackeye:;):D <only kidding>

Seriously, I'm amazed that you all still get along with working such long hours together..:D

The film was great (told to say that by Jude) and the chinese meal was very good indeed. I'm sure "M'Lady" enjoyed it also..:D

Sorry you couldn't make it fiona, remember and let me know next time yer back down this way and I'll pop over for 5 mins.

Andy - glad you like the lights, Neil will be after a set now...;) as for the polis, they know who to pull over and who not too;), but that women looked a bit pi$$ed off...

Craig
11th December 2005, 07:23 AM

Hope you all had a great day , sorry Craig for calling you at the last minute to cancel as explained Kerr was sick during the night and seemed ok this morning but when I was away getting some antibiotics for my synus problem he spewed again at 9.30:(. Cleaned the car this morning too and Kerr was so looking forward to seeing everyone and his best pal Markyc. Need to all meet up again soon even for just a chat and hope you enjoyed your breakfast Craig;).

jason, not a problem mate, nobody knows when they will be ill, it can't be helped. Hope Kerr is ok now, pm me your address as I have a wee gift to pass on to him from the movie moguls themselves...:D

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2005, 07:49 AM
Hey Lesley/Jason...

What does this remind you of? :D:D
http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/puke.gif

N12 JLK
11th December 2005, 05:34 PM
Had to hire a carpet cleaner for his room:dead:, the smell was unbelievable. After all the spewing he still wanted to go so did I (Mr selfish:() kept saying Im all better now dad.
How mas the meal:question:

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2005, 07:12 PM
The meal was excellent. Chicken with cashew nuts, water chestnuts and chilly sauce... MMMmmmmmmmm:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
12th December 2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks to everyone for a great day out :D. Very impressed with the Cinema. Chinese meal was excellent. Managed to take a wrong turn leaving Gala and ended up oon the Peebles road :clown: but had fun on a B road getting back to the A7 ;):p

saraandcraig
12th December 2005, 12:34 AM
had a great day chinese was great and pretty cool to see behind the scenes at the cinema.

weefossy
14th December 2005, 08:04 AM
Excellent day out; so many thanks to everyone.:D:D
Duncan, think we took that wrong turn as well, hope it wasn't our failt you ended up wrong:I
"Lady" enjoyed "one's self" as well. "Mom" just isn't good enough now:evil:;)
Did the restaurant owner look like Amelda Marcos?? or is it my imagination?
With the state of my face, I'm glad there were no pictures taken. I've heard of removing red eye, but red nose!! It's now 3 times worse than Saturday and I'm now off work and on penicillin. What a mess.:( Me, with my good looks to worry about.:cool:8)
Thanks again to the Pavillion staff and management and to Graig for all their efforts.

weefossy
14th December 2005, 08:29 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Ruddolf.jpg
Lady-Sioban, just sent me a Crimbo card. wasn't that nice!!!