PDA

View Full Version : Wheels!!

KAH
24th October 2005, 05:59 PM
I'll me ordering my 'Cooper S' soon :D:D:D but I cant decide on what wheels to get. I've always fancied S-spokes cause I think they look perfect for the car but I seen a Cooper'S' Convertible the other day with a the newish Style Web Spoke split Rims ...they looked great and I've not seen many cars with them so far. What would all you aficionado's:D pick??

euan
24th October 2005, 06:25 PM
Hey there. I assume your talking about the R90's?

I had them on my S, they looked great but I'd be wary as quite a few of the R90's had corrosion issues, including mine. Which when they cost 2K is a bit of a problem!

They is a newer design, I think Col has them on his car, you get them in antharcite which looks brilliant. I saw them on the dealers demo car (as it cut me up!) and I'd get them anytime!

Heather
24th October 2005, 07:31 PM
Has to be webspokes, as sported by myself and Col:D S spokes come a close second for me.

Burple
24th October 2005, 07:34 PM
I third the motion... (or something...) :D

THe webspokes are awesome... Only reason I didn't order 'em is cos I got a different set (non MINI) for much cheapness! :D

The Dogfather
24th October 2005, 07:49 PM
Order the car with the cheapest 17" option (S-spokes?) then you can go for a set of aftermarket ones :D.

There's loads of choice my favourite is the Kahns sported by Kinghorn's mota.

Big Col
24th October 2005, 08:05 PM
I loooooooove my webspokes! I think they look amazing. :D

Big Col
24th October 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan
They is a newer design, I think Col has them on his car, you get them in antharcite which looks brilliant. I saw them on the dealers demo car (as it cut me up!) and I'd get them anytime!

Just to clarify, they don't come as an option from the manufacturer in anthracite. I had to get them powder coated meself:approve:. The ones that were on the dealer's demo car weren't the webs I think they were the R90s which do come with anthracite as an option.

KAH
24th October 2005, 08:16 PM
It's not the R90's Its the new ones that look kind of like the Horseshoe style that come on the Checkmate but are Split Rim...sorry for the vague decription:I

KAH
24th October 2005, 08:19 PM
Ok got a few reply's while writting that :I:I!!!!. Seems to be quite unanamous for the Webspokes then. Are there any pic's of your motors with them on here?????

Crombers
24th October 2005, 08:31 PM
'S' spokes for me. That was one of the main reasons I bought the Coop in the first place. Passing by the window of Henry Bros in early 2004 saw a liquid yellow MINI Coop sitting on 'S' spokes & I said there & then that I was getting a new MINI.

Must admit I like Fiona's new wheels (somebody know what they are again ?)

Heather
24th October 2005, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Kahns sported by Kinghorn's mota.

Kahns are way too soft, turn square hitting even small potholes. GAJ will concur.
My webspokes
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-10-01%2011.52.48%20-0700/Image-6877390432AC11DA.jpg
Col's are different, but I am sure he will post his too.

GAJ
24th October 2005, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heather
Kahns are way too soft, turn square hitting even small potholes. GAJ will concur.

I concur! My Kahns were consigned to the council recycling bin a few weeks ago. The inside rims looked like ten bob bits when I took the tyres off! :(

euan
24th October 2005, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

quote:Originally posted by euan

Just to clarify, they don't come as an option from the manufacturer in anthracite. I had to get them powder coated meself:approve:. The ones that were on the dealer's demo car weren't the webs I think they were the R90s which do come with anthracite as an option.

It was the webspokes I saw on the dealer in Wimbledon ;) so he/she must have got them done, unless minime knows different?

I have to admit, I like S spokes a lot, but for the webspokes are rare, so that's what I'd get if I had an option!

Big Col
24th October 2005, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Col's are different, but I am sure he will post his too.

Any chance to show off. :D

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6106/phwoar4bq2wi.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7233/rims8jo5ts.jpg

KAH
24th October 2005, 08:49 PM
They look great on the car!!!!! .....this is all making the desicion harder. I always wanted S-spokes on my Cooper and thought that when i got another MINI i'd definatley get them.....then I saw the WebSpokes!!!!!!.....at least its a win win situation....the car will look good either way!

Craig
25th October 2005, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

'S' spokes for me. That was one of the main reasons I bought the Coop in the first place. Passing by the window of Henry Bros in early 2004 saw a liquid yellow MINI Coop sitting on 'S' spokes & I said there & then that I was getting a new MINI.

They are the new JCW Wheels - polished outside with black highlights on the spokes.

Mini Me
25th October 2005, 01:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

They look great on the car!!!!! .....this is all making the desicion harder. I always wanted S-spokes on my Cooper and thought that when i got another MINI i'd definatley get them.....then I saw the WebSpokes!!!!!!.....at least its a win win situation....the car will look good either way!

Ahem, have you placed your order yet :question::question::question::question:;)

I think we need to talk my good friend......your friendly NMS sponser and dealer :evil:

Scottie
25th October 2005, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

quote:Originally posted by crombers

They are the new JCW Wheels - polished outside with black highlights on the spokes.

would that be these ones:D:D:cool:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/200505059.jpg

markyc
25th October 2005, 06:20 AM
Love the webspokes ;) but the JCW wheels like on Fiona's car are gorgeous :D:D:D

bpirie1000
25th October 2005, 04:44 PM
All looking good..

Think the Conclusion is that Any wheels on the Minis are Ace...

There Hope that hasn't confused you to much..

KAH
25th October 2005, 06:32 PM
Me???? confused!!!!!!!! Definately!!!!!!
You're right they do all look good!!!!!!

Minime....I'll give you a shout when the time comes:)

T6 KFR
27th October 2005, 04:11 AM
I love the new polished rims however arent you cheaper buying aftermarket wheels?

Mini charges more than most companies dont they?

Duncan Stewart
27th October 2005, 04:19 PM
I also had problems with poor quality aftermarket wheels :( (there is a reason why they are cheaper ) so be careful if going aftermarket. You often see brand new genuine Mini wheel & tyres sets for sale on ebay at low prices due the owners of new Minis changing them straight away or Mini dealers may have some sets for the same reason. Hope this helps and enjoy your new Mini :p

euan
27th October 2005, 04:32 PM
I sold (kind of) my S spokes back to the dealer as I had the R90's fitted when I picked up the car, so I'd agree with Duncan. And my R90's were not cheap, but I wouldn't call them great quality after the corrosion!

zoot
2nd November 2005, 12:30 AM
RC design... RC11, surface like chrome.... 18 inch, 7.5 wide... 35ET great stuff!!!!