PDA

View Full Version : would you stop or not..

bpirie1000
21st October 2005, 10:59 PM
Yesterday my workmate and I were coming back from a meeting across town and turning left at a major roundabout onto dual carriageway we spotted (what we think was) an Airedale Terrier wandering about alone at the side of the road .

There was absolutely no sign of an owner anywhere and we decided to go round the block and stop and catch the dog and take it to the police station near by. By the time we got round the dog had proceeded to cross over into the road and there was now two lanes of traffic stopped and honking their horns at the poor thing.

Once we managed to get it off the road we saw that it had recently had an operation on it's leg and was in fact limping. NO COLLAR!! We lifted into the car and took it round to the cop shop. We were greeted by the on duty police woman who didn't seem that interested in looking after the dog until the dog warden came but still managed to produce a dog lead/chain from under the front desk

Anyway, I got a nice call from the owner last night to thank us. Apparently they had been out for a walk about a mile away and turned their heads for a matter of seconds and the dog was away!

So, really my question is....... would you stop for a lost dog......... or for that matter some person in distress? Or does nobody care anymore?

Big Col
21st October 2005, 11:01 PM
I have done before and would do again. Good on you mate.

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 11:02 PM
Yes, I would and have done before on a couple of occasions.

Good on you Bri BTW!:approve:

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 11:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I have done before and would do again. Good on you mate.

Copy cat!;) Now that was spooky!

Big Col
21st October 2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah you're not very original are you mate. :D

sleepyrascal
21st October 2005, 11:21 PM
i would stop to pick up a dog. In fact I did when I was in the states on a 5 lane motorway.

GAJ
22nd October 2005, 12:23 AM
Rescued and returned a King Charles spaniel to a very relieved old queen a couple of months ago!:)

Smurf
22nd October 2005, 02:47 AM
I would stop - but probably not a good thing for a girly on her own to do........

The Dogfather
22nd October 2005, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

i would stop to pick up a dog. In fact I did when I was in the states on a 5 lane motorway.

Not sure I would in certain countries, what with rabies and that :(

AndyP & Lenore
22nd October 2005, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Rescued and returned a King Charles spaniel to a very relieved old queen a couple of months ago!:)

If you returned it to the Queen, wouldn't that have been a Corgi?;)

gill
22nd October 2005, 04:43 AM
I would stop too !!!

Well done to you :D

minimadtez
22nd October 2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah I'd stop!
I rescued a horse wandering along the road a while back......luckily i had my horses headcollar in my car! I couldnt just let it wander about. Found the owner who was extremely relieved.....it had got out of its field.....the woman hadnt yet noticed though!

Burple
22nd October 2005, 10:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Was he happy?? ;):D:p:p

But I'll echo you guys too.. done it before, and I'll do it again! :D:D