PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Mobile phone to PC

sw
21st October 2005, 09:33 PM
I have a Nokia 6101 and relevant data cable. Downloaded some software but it fails to connect with phone. Anyone help as I can't get the thing to work.

What software is available & where do I get it (for free obviously)

Ta

Wul
21st October 2005, 09:49 PM
www.nokia.com

This has the most up to date drivers - you need to install them in the order they say - i'm sure it was the driver, then nokia pc suite.

PC suite is very tempramental and sometimes just doesn't detect your phone.

I'd start from scratch - uninstall pc suite, install the DKU(cable) driver then PC suite. Switch off your phone remove the battery and then switch back on to fully reset the phone. plug in the phone and see if windows detects it, then open pc suite and go to connection manager to configure your connection to the right port (usb) and then hopefully you should be sorted.

After this it will occassionally require a reset of your phone to allow the pc to detect it.

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 10:04 PM
Is the cable usb or com port? If its com port do you have the software set to look on the correct port? If its usb do you have the latest usb drivers installed for the phone?

sw
23rd October 2005, 05:49 AM
Cheers will give it a go.

sw
24th October 2005, 09:41 PM
I have the wrong cable:mad:, got correct one on the way from ebay....

duncan
25th October 2005, 01:20 AM
I much prefer the Infrared connection that I bought when I had a Nokia 6210.
It maybe slower to connect to the phone, but its saved me buying a different cable everytime i get a new phone

euan
25th October 2005, 01:25 AM
Infrared is pretty good, I use it all the time to transfer pictures to my laptop. My laptop has bluetooth but it's so ropey to connect that it's not worth the pain. I suspect it's the laptop more than the bluetooth as I know a couple of folk who have bluetooth dongles that work a treat.