PDA

View Full Version : Black

KINGHORN
21st October 2005, 08:14 PM
ok wahed my car the other day and realised its looking really swirly, whats the best way to sort it in you oppinion Wul, if all else fails looks like a full respray will be coming

Wul
21st October 2005, 09:43 PM
Well this could take some time!! LOL!

I'm on my second black MINI and as a result i have learned a few tips!

Start with prevention.

Bin any sponges you use to wash the car and invest in a lambswool wash mitt and a second wash bucket - wash using the 2 bucket method with the mitt to prevent scratching while washing the car. Wash in straight lines - ie front to back on horizontal surfaces and upand down on the vertical surfaces. Don't use the same cloths/mitts on your wheels as you do on paint - brake dust is very abrasive funnily enough! :clown:

I'm sure i don't need to tell you when a scratch/swirl is too deep to polish out - if you can feel it with your nail your gonna struggle to polish it out.

For light scratches/swirls I like using Sonus paint cleanser or megs clear coat body scrub followed by megs scratch X on any residual ones left over. Followed up with a coat of NXT tech wax and then #16 mirror glaze.

Also recommended is Klasse AIO (all-in-one) follwed by P21S.

If you need more specifics, please ask.

Also check out THESE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5371) useful links for more pointers.
:)

KINGHORN
21st October 2005, 10:09 PM
ta,

will get to it at some point

sh@z
21st October 2005, 11:16 PM
Full respray is a bit drastic, im sure a good bodyshop can take care of the scratches etc with machine polishing etc etc if what Wul recommends doesnt do it

KINGHORN
22nd October 2005, 03:01 AM
done the machine pollishing a few times lol,

full respray aint that bad

The Dogfather
22nd October 2005, 03:23 AM
Yeah its easy when you have a bodyshop to call on ;)

gill
22nd October 2005, 04:33 AM
We had a black subaru impreza a while back and the 'Zymol' stuff worked a treat on it!

Use the car wax stuff - they have a website if you want to check it out.

www.vertar.com

Made our black shine like new!!! Lovely jubbly! :D

N12 JLK
22nd October 2005, 06:42 AM
i use a lambswool glove with a very small amount of mer shampoo, chamois off and then add a wee bit meguires tech wax, very good stuff, havnt used a sponge on the car since i got it in may and always looks showroom condition

KINGHORN
22nd October 2005, 06:13 PM
think im gonna zymol it this time, il just steall the kit from the bodyshop for the weekend, lol,

oh if any one wants zymol, i can sort ya out

Adam MCS
2nd November 2005, 06:27 AM
This zymol stuff sounds good! Is it just put on like polish? My car has a few swirls (probably because my favorite method to get bird crap off my paintwork is to use a shovel) on it so I may have to give it some tlc. P.S - got that exhaust on yet kinghorn?