PDA

View Full Version : MINI2 Thread - BMW warranty and modifications

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 01:50 AM
Just spotted this on mini2, looks like someone has finally got the definitive answer from BMW about how modifications effect warranty cover.:D

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102342

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 02:17 AM
It has been stated before - but it is worth knowing. It is however sometimes all too easy for them to blame something else.

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 02:24 AM
I know a certain dealer has stated it but it's the first time that I've heard it come direct from MINI :D Its a bit of a relief that someone has it in writing especially after the LPG conversion.

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 02:25 AM
Sorry should have reworded that - it has been stated on Mini2 direct from Mini previously

As an example this one (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost.php?p=907515&postcount=1) - this states that warrenty is ok but TLC would be voided. Myself and several other people have never had issue with TLC service either.

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Sorry should have reworded that - it has been stated on Mini2 direct from Mini previously

Oh, the thread sounded like it was a new development. Oops! :I

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 02:32 AM
Not a problem - its good to keep bringing it to the front as a lot of people are "scared" to modify because they feel they will invalidate their warrenty, some dealers have even told people that this will be the case.

Julz
21st October 2005, 04:10 PM
Hmmm, I can see a grumpy letter being conjured up in my head right now!!:mad::mad::mad:

Dear Mr Clark........:sleepy:

Big Col
21st October 2005, 04:52 PM
I can see a response from Mr. Clark being conjoured up in my head right now,

Dear Gullible chick.......:p;):clown:

gill
22nd October 2005, 04:31 AM
Handy to know - cheers !! :D

The Dogfather
22nd October 2005, 04:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I can see a response from Mr. Clark being conjoured up in my head right now,