PDA

View Full Version : Rattle - problem no. 9million

Adam MCS
21st October 2005, 12:29 AM
Just got my car back from Dastek - its only putting out 194bhp:mad:. They did fix it however so thats a plus. Just before I got home though, I noticed my car seemed to get a lot louder for a bit and there was a fair rattle coming from under the handbrake/gearknob area. It seems rattle at low revs when I'm pulling away. Could it be a heat shield or my exhaust or something??

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 12:52 AM
Could be , bring it round one afternoon at the weekend and we can have a look at it. Did they carry out all repairs free of charge?

Are they just going to stick at 194bhp or are they going to do anything else to the car? I take it their dyno is working now?

Adam MCS
21st October 2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah they did everything for free, which was good of them. I spoke to the mechanic today and he said my car didn't have a leaking idler tensioner - even though they said it did originally - so someone is telling porkies. Paul said I only got 194bhp because every car tunes differently, but I did buy the K&N on the grounds that that would give about 5bhp extra too. Also, it is advertised as a 200bhp conversion without the K&N so I'mnot too happy.

I'll give you a shout over the weekend then Martin if I can manage to get up to yours.

Thanks