PDA

View Full Version : help please

seagull
20th October 2005, 04:13 AM
just been to see and test drive, a superb looking jcw mini in a showroom in pumpherston in livingston.it had your website details in the rear window.the car has been modded with a pale blue flaked paint, coilover suspension ,intercooler , stailess exhaust, performance manifold, pale blue leather interior,and additional ecu mapping, etc. the dealer is claiming 275 bhp.
unfortunately the dealer has no history with the car although he says it was featured in a mini magazine 7 page spread earlier this year. the car was originally purchased in inverness.the car can be seen on the dealers website www.brdwd.co.uk
i wondered if anyone or even the previous owner could supply me with any info on the car?
and if any one can tell me which magazine and which issue?
all info greatly appreciated as it looks like my new car.wey hey hey!

Heather
20th October 2005, 04:16 AM
I think the previous owner of that car is currently on her hols:D

The Dogfather
20th October 2005, 04:34 AM
The car is an awesome mota! Well known to most people on this site :D

There are some photos of the car in the gallery with silver vipers before the designer respray.

MartinSullivan
20th October 2005, 04:44 AM
As stated previously the car is well known to people on this site :D, it was feature car in Go Mini a while back - cant remember the exact issue but will try and find out, unfortunately the last ever issue of Go Mini is due out this month and they have taken their website down already.

The bodykit and interior retrim are done by Zeemax, and the car was upgraded by an independant tuner to 275Bhp.

seagull
20th October 2005, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

I think the previous owner of that car is currently on her hols:D
cheers .if you could ask her to get in touch with a list of the mods as i need them for insurance, i would be most greatful

seagull
20th October 2005, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

The car is an awesome mota! Well known to most people on this site :D

There are some photos of the car in the gallery with silver vipers before the designer respray.
cheers your right it is awesome car had great fun on the test drive thought it must be well known

MartinSullivan
20th October 2005, 05:09 AM
It was in Junes Go Mini - I wll see if I have a copy of it kicking about, if I do Ill send you a copy

seagull
20th October 2005, 05:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

It was in Junes Go Mini - I wll see if I have a copy of it kicking about, if I do Ill send you a copy
cheers for the info will try and track down the mag had already tried the website wondered why it wasnt working. would gladly pay for a copy (with change for a drink) if you have one or know anyone else with one.:D

MartinSullivan
20th October 2005, 05:15 AM
Right found my copy - I can scan it and email it to you tomorrow. Drop me an email to mjsullivan29@hotmail.com. I am sure Fiona will fill in any missing details on her return, but it will be a good starting point for you.

T6 KFR
20th October 2005, 04:40 PM
Well smart...buy it and you will be grinning for the next 10 years.

One of the best I have ever seen.

Good luck .

Crombers
20th October 2005, 05:55 PM
Followed Fi's MINI on many a run , AWSOME mowta :approve: go buy it now sir:approve:

seagull
21st October 2005, 01:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Followed Fi's MINI on many a run , AWSOME mowta :approve: go buy it now sir:approve:
cheers picking it up next friday cant wait , by the way im mell
(definitely female) x

Bignorm
21st October 2005, 01:27 AM
hey mell the car was down at menzies it had every1 looking at it its got to be the smartest mini i have seen so far

seagull
21st October 2005, 01:39 AM

Right found my copy - I can scan it and email it to you tomorrow. Drop me an email to m*****@hotmail.com. I am sure Fiona will fill in any missing details on her return, but it will be a good starting point for you.
hi martin have tried to e mail you but for some reason the computer wont do it !would be greatfull if you could send it to m******@yahoo.co.uk afraid im as new to computers as i am minis
really appreciate your help
kind regards
mell x

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 02:18 AM
Mell - email on its way with pdf file for you to look at. I have removed our email addresses from the thread too ;)

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 02:20 AM

Right found my copy - I can scan it and email it to you tomorrow. Drop me an email to m******@hotmail.com. I am sure Fiona will fill in any missing details on her return, but it will be a good starting point for you.

sleepyrascal
21st October 2005, 02:47 AM
Mel, that car is awsome!!

Hey, you could have been a bloke.. Mel Gibson! Hes a bloke isn't he? lol.

You do realise that now you have bought that MINI, it is your duty to come on a run with her!!

Crombers
21st October 2005, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by seagull

cheers picking it up next friday cant wait , by the way im mell
(definitely female) x

Oops , sorry :I:clown:

& as mentioned it is now your duty to report back up North on a future run , let us (& her former parents) see how she's doing & welcome you into NMSland :approve:

Crombers
21st October 2005, 06:05 PM
Preston eh!

Well what do you know , have you noticed The Trip to the Mothership -Friday 11 November 2005 on the MINI Meets forum :approve:. We are passing your way 11am ish , why not pop by & say hello.

We will be stopping at Huntleys of Samlesbury (http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk/)

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 06:15 PM
Preston? Whoo Hoo! Another Lancastrian on the site :D!

Big Col
21st October 2005, 07:15 PM

You don't expect a bloke to buy SCs old car do you Crombers mate? :kiss:

MartinSullivan
21st October 2005, 07:31 PM
why's this no working :question:

Because you spelt it wrong - I have fixed it in your original post and deleted the other ones to tidy up ;)

Crombers
21st October 2005, 10:41 PM

why's this no working :question:

Because you spelt it wrong - I have fixed it in your original post and deleted the other ones to tidy up ;)

Cheers mate , but is Samlesbury not Amlesury - me confused :I

Crombers
21st October 2005, 10:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

You don't expect a bloke to buy SCs old car do you Crombers mate? :kiss:

Mmmm you've got a point there :clown:

seagull
22nd October 2005, 08:15 PM

Preston eh!

Well what do you know , have you noticed The Trip to the Mothership -Friday 11 November 2005 on the MINI Meets forum :approve:. We are passing your way 11am ish , why not pop by & say hello.

We will be stopping at Huntleys of Amlesbury (http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk/)
not sure where iam to look to see the details but salmesbury very near so would be great to meet up wi some of you nms folk

seagull
22nd October 2005, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Preston? Whoo Hoo! Another Lancastrian on the site :D!

A scot by birth but removed as a wee bairn but definitely a northern lass about to commence her first mini adventure, so good to know their is local help and support around He HE .
would be interested in hearing bout others motors and challenges and successs in modding or general
kind regards mell
p.s. have you had any dealings with powerzone in padiham, been told they are our local place to go?

Scottie
23rd October 2005, 03:05 AM
Hello,

Yes it was my old Mini and you have done well to buy her as you can see I spent a fair bit on her.:D

I am so happy you liked her enough to buy the car it was all very personal the colour scheme etc etc She started life as a JCW but once I started modding I forgot to stop. However all good things have to come to a end I out grew the car as I entered mid age and wanted to start again with a much more sedate mini.;)

Yes 275 bhp is the quoted horse power but would not put her near a rolling road for that to be made fact.

Most of the engine upgrade was done by Minispeed last year powerflow back box , playmini manifold / exhaust, and leda suspension (which has been raised) to go over those speed bumps with gas bump and rebound. Powerflex bushes all over. 9 x 18" Alloys to fill those arches.

I dare say there is a lot I've forgotton about that has been done to the car.

Was only a fair weather car and stored every winter.
As you can tell for a two year old car not done a lot of miles.

A more polished and looked after car it wanted for nothing and was a bit spoilt please take car of her and let me know how you get on and some pics. I hope you have as much fun as we did with the car.:D

Crombers
24th October 2005, 09:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by seagull

Preston eh!

We will be stopping at Huntleys of Amlesbury (http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk/)
not sure where iam to look to see the details but salmesbury very near so would be great to meet up wi some of you nms folk

We will be turning off the M6 at J31 following the signs for Blackburn along the A59 (Huntley Gate Farm is on the left hand side.
It would be good to see the old girl again (the car ;)) & you could meet up with us all (including the prevous Mum & Dad :))

seagull
25th October 2005, 02:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Hello,

Yes it was my old Mini and you have done well to buy her as you can see I spent a fair bit on her.:D

I am so happy you liked her enough to buy the car it was all very personal the colour scheme etc etc She started life as a JCW but once I started modding I forgot to stop. However all good things have to come to a end I out grew the car as I entered mid age and wanted to start again with a much more sedate mini.;)

Yes 275 bhp is the quoted horse power but would not put her near a rolling road for that to be made fact.

Most of the engine upgrade was done by Minispeed last year powerflow back box , playmini manifold / exhaust, and leda suspension (which has been raised) to go over those speed bumps with gas bump and rebound. Powerflex bushes all over. 9 x 18" Alloys to fill those arches.

I dare say there is a lot I've forgotton about that has been done to the car.

Was only a fair weather car and stored every winter.
As you can tell for a two year old car not done a lot of miles.

A more polished and looked after car it wanted for nothing and was a bit spoilt please take car of her and let me know how you get on and some pics. I hope you have as much fun as we did with the car.:D

Hi Fiona, wanted you to know your car was 99% dream motor, but ive decided the bodykits just a bit too big, so ive pulled out of the deal.Its still the coolest mini ive ever seen,and you did your self proud!Thankyou for the experience,thanx for the information also. A BIG MASSIVE THANX, to all who ive talked too these past couple of days, and for there help and support. To be honest im really gutted about the whole thing, but i know for me its the right decision.Best wishes and good luck to you all.Mellx p.s i am convinced that the new mini is the car for me,and seriously thincking about getting a brand new one from my local dealer! HAPPY MOTORING

Mini Me
25th October 2005, 03:19 AM
Local dealer my ar5e...:p.
We have all the best stock.............01786 449370 (ask for Iain)

The Dogfather
25th October 2005, 05:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Local dealer my ar5e...:p.
We have all the best stock.............01786 449370 (ask for Iain)

Or you could ask for Clare instead:eek:

markyc
25th October 2005, 06:28 AM
The best Mini dealer in the land :eek::D Now what was it i was going to ask Claire or Iain for :question::question::question::question:;):)

Mini Me
25th October 2005, 04:54 PM
;)Remember i have your address Mr C.:eek::blackeye::evil:
Anyway Clare's the MINI Mis-spec expert:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::p.

You just know she's on ma pc changin aw ma passwords for that one :(