PDA

View Full Version : QUICK HELP ABOUT SEATS

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know how much a standard cooper s seat weighs? in kilos?

I thought 10k each. maybe thats a bit much though.

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:25 AM
Post 8 of this thread (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1177751&postcount=8) quotes 18kg each with air bags and mountings

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Post 8 of this thread (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1177751&postcount=8) quotes 18kg each with air bags and mountings

CRIKEY!!!!!!! A chap down south is sending me a set of new cooper s seats you see. based on the seats weighing 20k, the postage was £41. But now it will be even more!:(

Anyone going to London soon? Or does anyone know of any cheap ways to transport two seats from LONDON to ABERDEEN?

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:39 AM
Ouch, I assume he has taken the sub frames off which will save a bit on weight - but I reckon they will still be 14/15 Kilos , if the initial 18 Kilo figure was right.

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:40 AM

Ouch, I assume he has taken the sub frames off which will save a bit on weight - but I reckon they will still be 14/15 Kilos , if the initial 18 Kilo figure was right.

Sub frames.. I thought I would need them. I'm guessing 05 cooper S seats will fit in an 02 cooper?

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:42 AM
You normally swap the frames off your existing seats onto the new ones, as far as I know the mountings havent changed (but dont quote me on that).

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:43 AM

You normally swap the frames off your existing seats onto the new ones, as far as I know the mountings havent changed (but dont quote me on that).

mmm yeh i guess.

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:50 AM
Depends what the source of the seat is - if he has taken them out to fit jcw or some other aftermarket set he might well have recycled the subframes to fit the new seats. If its a scrapper then they will probably be complete, by my reckoning the subframes wont weigh too much (in the grand scheme of things) but might save you a little.

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:54 AM

Depends what the source of the seat is - if he has taken them out to fit jcw or some other aftermarket set he might well have recycled the subframes to fit the new seats. If its a scrapper then they will probably be complete, by my reckoning the subframes wont weigh too much (in the grand scheme of things) but might save you a little.

He just emailed to say that he is reusing the sub frames for his JCWs.

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

He just emailed to say that he is reusing the sub frames for his JCWs.

;)

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:55 AM
PS its not a guy called leemini or something like that is it?????

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:57 AM

PS its not a guy called leemini or something like that is it?????

Yes it is... you phsycic wierdo ;):D

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 03:57 AM
mmmm, ok good luck ;)

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 03:59 AM

mmmm, ok good luck ;)

doesnt sound good Mart... whats up? :eek:

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 04:00 AM
I'm on MSN if you dont want to post...

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 04:03 AM
they have been on mini2 several times , along with some door cards. they have been on miniaddiction a few times and several times on ebay - just seemed odd to me that they havent sold in nearly 6 months (just checked they were first listed by him in May).

When he originally listed them on mini2 I wanted the door cards, and we were in negotiations to buy them and then he stopped replying to my emails.

Might just be sour grapes on my part ;) LOL

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 04:08 AM

they have been on mini2 several times , along with some door cards. they have been on miniaddiction a few times and several times on ebay - just seemed odd to me that they havent sold in over nearly 6 months (just checked they were first listed by him in May).

When he originally listed them on mini2 I wanted the door cards, and we were in negotiations to buy them and then he stopped replying to my emails.

Might just be sour grapes on my part ;) LOL

Well I offered him £50 under his asking price and he seems really keen. You could chip in for the door cards of you want them. I wasn't to bothered about them. It's just the postage. Its a killer.

MartinSullivan
19th October 2005, 04:09 AM
If he will throw the door cards in - I'll help with the postage costs :D

sleepyrascal
19th October 2005, 04:19 AM
Mart,

I have sent him an offer for seats and cards as a package.

MartinSullivan
24th October 2005, 07:28 PM
Anything happen with this Sleepy ?

sleepyrascal
24th October 2005, 07:33 PM

Anything happen with this Sleepy ?

Yeh sorry Martin, I meant to email you, i'll go do it now:D