PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay

zoot
18th October 2005, 07:17 PM
We (my wife and i) are planning a holiday to Scotland next spring (with the mini of course). Does anybody know a good and not to expensive place to rent? One week somewhere on the west, and one week on the east side.... B&B, a small cottage or a caravan....:cool:

T6 KFR
18th October 2005, 07:45 PM
Hey,

My wife 's parents have a Bed and Breakfast in Scotland. Very nice little town. And I know the rates are very good price. If you are interested , I can send you their email address and website.

zoot
18th October 2005, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Hey,

My wife 's parents have a Bed and Breakfast in Scotland. Very nice little town. And I know the rates are very good price. If you are interested , I can send you their email address and website.

that would be very nice indeed.... thanks:)

Craig
18th October 2005, 09:11 PM
Tralee Bay just outside Oban on the west coast is very nice. They have a website - a google search should find it. They have caravans and lodges...:D

zoot
19th October 2005, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Tralee Bay just outside Oban on the west coast is very nice. They have a website - a google search should find it. They have caravans and lodges...:D

thanks for the tip:cool:

zoot
23rd October 2005, 01:23 AM
must be some more places to stay......

Scottie
23rd October 2005, 03:16 AM
are you looking for a remote type location or more near a town tourist location.

Which part of the west are we talking South West Aryshire Argyll North West ??? same for the East which part.

For me I would keep away from Argyll and anywhere down that coast like Campbeltown Tarbert etc etc only one road in and one road out with not to much to do.

zoot
23rd October 2005, 04:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

are you looking for a remote type location or more near a town tourist location.

Which part of the west are we talking South West Aryshire Argyll North West ??? same for the East which part.

For me I would keep away from Argyll and anywhere down that coast like Campbeltown Tarbert etc etc only one road in and one road out with not to much to do.

Well, it will be the first time to Scotland for us. So we have no idea where the interesting places are... But we do not like crowded places. And our interests lie in hiking, nature, mountains and a good pub in the neighbourhood:)

Neil and Lorna
23rd October 2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Zoot

Have you been to this website loads of info on Scotland http://www.visitscotland.com/

If your going to do a lot of driving about,dont base yourself in one place.There is an abudance of good b&bs all over Scotland. We sometimes just head for a particular town then find somwhere to stay.
This is ok so long as theres not school holidays when your here.

If its mountains your looking for then the towns to go to are,

Fort William, for Ben Nevis Highest mountain in Scotland.
Aviemore, for the Cairgorms.
Braemar, Ballater Anywhere along the Dee valley,
The drive along the North coast is just spectacular.

I could sit here all day and suggest places But i've run out of time got to go to work.:eek:

Neil :D:D

zoot
24th October 2005, 03:27 AM
ok helps a lot... thanks for the tips...:cool:

The Dogfather
24th October 2005, 03:40 AM
Zoot

Have a look round this website www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk probably the best website for visitors coming to Scotland. Also the Rough Guide to Scotland is pretty good www.roughguides.co.uk

The Dogfather
24th October 2005, 03:44 AM
If you're looking for scenery then you have to have trip along the north coast and down through Ullapool and Gairloch, the mountains are the most spectacular in Scotland.......

zoot
25th October 2005, 05:42 PM
thanks for all this interesting advice and tips... :D

zoot
12th December 2005, 03:24 AM
The date is set... May 24 2006 till June 5 2006.
The ferry is booked... Zeebrugge-Hull and back again....
An inn is booked... Kirkton Inn Dalrymple....
A cottage for a week is booked.... Leac Cottage Aberchalder near Invergarry....
Looking good so far....
Feel free to visit us any time....:cool:

pete
15th December 2005, 06:18 AM
You got to check out Gairloch up the West coast and round the east and Tongue
Lovely scenes
Ace beaches that would only be described as stunning

I am planning a trip round that way
2-5th June

Pm me if you want to meet up on route
on one of the days

zoot
18th December 2005, 05:51 PM
will do, will do.... see you next year somewhere up there...:cool:

Neil and Lorna
19th December 2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Zoot

I believe our classic friends from "The Mini Clan" have their annual Thistle run the last Sunday in May which is the 28th next year.
I might be wrong with the date but no doubt somebody from The Clan will confirm.

Here's a link to 2005 run thread it will give you more info to what we get up to.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4072

We didn't attend this run due to other commitments and were gutted.
We definitely intend to attend in 2006.Which apparently is from Edinburgh to Eyemouth on the east coast.

No doubt other people will read this and recommend the run.

140 classic and New Minis is quite a sight.Not to be missed.

Cheers.

Neil and Lorna.:D

zoot
19th December 2005, 03:15 PM
ok thanks, if i know their route, we will certainly meet them somewhere along the way.....:cool:

zoot
23rd March 2006, 02:52 AM
coming closer:cool:

Neil and Lorna
24th March 2006, 04:19 AM
Hi Zoot

Theres a run on the 4th June up the Angus glens when your over as well.

Check it out below.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6785

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:24 AM
Yup come & join us :approve:

Neil and Lorna
22nd May 2006, 03:29 AM
Not long now.:D:D

Neil and Lorna.

zoot
22nd May 2006, 12:48 PM
two days to go.....:cool:

zoot
16th June 2006, 08:48 PM
been there, seen it, tasted it, drove in it, liked it, loved it, very, very, very, very nice country indeed!!!!!

Craig
16th June 2006, 09:04 PM
thanks very much :approve::approve:

that's why we normally put up with the horrid weather...;) not recently mind.. :eek::approve::approve::approve::approve: