PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Reading..

Burple
18th October 2005, 06:55 PM
How many people are caught 'speeding' every day by faulty equipment?

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/07/713.asp

"No Officer, I wasn't speeding, it twas the road doing 33mph.."

And I'm quite sure the Police forces won't be breaking their piggy banks (no pun intended ;)) to fix this 'problem'....

How often are these laser guns innacurate? Do officers go through training to use them? Training which teaches them the Zen art of 'not moving their hands any more than the thickness of a human hair'?

:clown::clown::p:p

Mini Me
18th October 2005, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't like to run into that wall :p.......ouch

Smurf
18th October 2005, 08:14 PM
The beam "slipping" from the windscreen to the grille could cause the speed to be 8MPH different!!!

In a 30 limit, that means the difference between being legal, and getting slapped with loadsa points!

Shocking.....:eek:

Big Col
18th October 2005, 08:21 PM
LTI = Legally Tenuous Income.

gill
18th October 2005, 09:40 PM
Shocking reading, eh???

Wouldn't want the policeman with the shaky hands to be out when we're out!!!:D

Cooper_si
19th October 2005, 12:18 AM
good find !! thats amazing ! Lucky for me i have 0 points , but ive prob just jinxed myself saying that

The Dogfather
19th October 2005, 02:02 AM
I would seriously consider fighting any speeding conviction regardless of what speed I was actually doing, just because there will be a huge backlash against these machines and you might just get lucky.

monkimagic
19th October 2005, 03:47 AM
There is a huge battle going on with a biker in Birmingham , MCN are backing him . He insists he was doing 30 ect, ect.... speed guns used on a bike can be so far off it looks very possible this guy will win. MCN are very political and are calling for anyone with a speeding fine on a bike to jump on this band wagon if the guy wins.

Monki

Neil and Lorna
21st October 2005, 02:59 AM
Ok i got the dreaded letter the other day.:mad:

55 in 40 limit area, mobile unit. A8 Ratho station.

Wondering if its worthwile contesting. like the biker i'm sure I wasn't doing 55.Plus I was behind at least 4 other vehicles.

I wasn't even in the Mini I was in my Lexus RX 300 SEL-l (awaits a torrent of abuse from 4x4 haters)

Going to ask for the photo evidence anyway.

Whats your thoughts folks.

Neil

GAJ
21st October 2005, 03:12 AM
If you've been offered a 3 point £60 fixed penalty, I would accept it. Doubt very much you will be able to get off with it.

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 04:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

If you've been offered a 3 point £60 fixed penalty, I would accept it. Doubt very much you will be able to get off with it.

Have to agree with Gaj about the likely outcome :(, however I'd have a go at getting off, but that's only because I don't have any points. Touch wood