PDA

View Full Version : Worst Nightmare tonight.... Photo's now up.

craigcooperSworks
17th October 2005, 08:28 AM
Well folks, sadly i have to say that i wrote off my wee mini tonight, rolled it, snapped a tree in half and walked out of it totally unhurt.

I cant believe my first mini adventure is over!!:(

Watch this space for the sequel though.

Will post photo's tommorow as soon as i find out how to.

:disapprove:
Craig.

sleepyrascal
17th October 2005, 08:56 AM
That sucks man!!!!!! A MINI is like a Voodoo doll. That explains the pains I was feeling earlier tonight!!

Smurf
17th October 2005, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear that. Glad you are OK - the car is replaceable, you're not.
Take care.

Big Col
17th October 2005, 03:54 PM
Awww man that totally blows! Glad you walked out unhurt.

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 04:08 PM
Bad news! Mini totalled:(

Good news! You're OK :D

MartinSullivan
17th October 2005, 04:09 PM
Jeez Craig - thats not good, email me pics and Ill post them for you if you like.

You both ok?

KINGHORN
17th October 2005, 04:59 PM
not so good buddy, hope you both are ok, just seen it the other night when the wife was driving it,

where was you??

bpirie1000
17th October 2005, 05:16 PM
oh dear.

Where abouts were you?? Slid on mud??

Cars are can be replaced You can't

Good to know you were alright and the car Took the impact..

Maybe your next one won't be a works tehn mr insurance might put an end to that

Cooper_si
17th October 2005, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigcooperSworks

Well folks, sadly i have to say that i wrote off my wee mini tonight, rolled it, snapped a tree in half and walked out of it totally unhurt.

I cant believe my first mini adventure is over!!:(

Watch this space for the sequel though.

Will post photo's tommorow as soon as i find out how to.

:disapprove:
Craig.

OMG Craig im glad your OK !

euan
17th October 2005, 05:54 PM
Yup, scary stuff, good to hear your ok though.

Mini Martyn
17th October 2005, 06:43 PM
Glad your OK, wow that must have been scary, I think their is an option for a roll cage from JCW?

Hope your back on the road soon!!

Julz
17th October 2005, 06:56 PM
Yikes!:( Like everyone says though, cars are replaceable, you're not!:) Tree must be in a bit of pain though!;)

gill
17th October 2005, 06:59 PM
Glad to hear you're OK - shame about the min though!!!:(

Keep us all posted on shopping for a new one!:D

T6 KFR
17th October 2005, 09:33 PM
my god thats not good mate. Hope you are ok.

Shame about car, never good to right one off........more so when its a Mini.

Was it you at the Alford day with the mini satnav?

Sorry just cant remember if thats you:I

MartinSullivan
17th October 2005, 10:41 PM
Craig has just sent me some pics and asked me to post them - looks a mess :(

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000385.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000384.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000383.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000382.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000381.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000380.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000379.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000378.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000377.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000376.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/IM000375.jpg

euan
17th October 2005, 10:42 PM
Blimey, that is a mess. Looks like it would have been pretty scary too.

macblob
17th October 2005, 10:59 PM
God damm, thats one trashed Mini.
As everyone else has said though, main thing is you are ok and no one got hurt. The car can always be replaced.

craigcooperSworks
17th October 2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the photo's MS,
Just away to go to the garage and get my remaining wheels and stereo out the car.

I still can't believe i did this to my poor wee car, but as every one says a car can be replaced- i cant, Thanks for all the comments.

Oh and Kirsty (the wife) was at home when i did it so no casualtys thankfully!
:(

Burple
17th October 2005, 11:06 PM
Wuff! That's a sore one! :disapprove:
Glad to hear you're ok tho, it could have been MUCH worse!

are you keeping the bits of Tree?

Car looks like it stood up to the damage pretty well considering, there's plenty of other cars out there which wuld have crumpled and caused you a lot more harm! :blackeye::eek:

Scenery 1 - Mini - 0 :(

KenL
17th October 2005, 11:08 PM
Ouch, looks like you were pretty fortunate to come out of it un-harmed.

What happened?

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 11:12 PM
Lucky escape mate :eek:

How did it happen?

T6 KFR
17th October 2005, 11:45 PM
oh my my....

I think i say your car yesterday pre crash at the roundabout beside BP garage and bridge over to Torry / Altens..

Shame, it ws nice car

Crombers
18th October 2005, 12:08 AM
OUCH !! , long as you are in one piece the insurance can sort the rest out. What the heck happened :question:

sh@z
18th October 2005, 12:27 AM
OW that looks painful, how did it happen :( glad you are unharmed, the car did its job in the given situation, hope you get it all sorted out as soon as

KINGHORN
18th October 2005, 12:27 AM
not good mate, i know of a bodyshop that could fix it but it defo looks like an insurance right off,

glad to hear you wasnt hurt,

guess u dont need that pads fitted, sorry the tone needed lightend somehow

Mini Me
18th October 2005, 03:26 AM
ouch, with a capital O....Really glad your ok tho(if you need a new mowta,let me know)........[v]

Soz folks, only trying to help:p

3GGG
18th October 2005, 03:35 AM
Craig, glad you are OK.

sh@z
18th October 2005, 03:53 AM
Shame on you minime!

colink
18th October 2005, 04:23 AM
That is a nasty one, mate. But at least you are OK. Testimony to the strength of the MINI, huh?

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2005, 05:44 AM
Glad you are OK. Shame about the car (but it can always be replaced:)).

craigcooperSworks
18th October 2005, 07:05 AM
Righty-o folks, here's what happened on my mini adventure....

I was driving up the road (Gt Southern Road for those who know it) approaching a slight left hand bend, road was greasy and tyres were newly wet 'n' black'd about 3 minutes before this happened.

On the left hand bend the rear of the car started to step out but i caught it in time, then the weight distribution through the car sideways again and i went up the kerb with the drivers side of the car in travel direction (prob about 120degrees angle to the left.)

I Then remember looking out my drivers window and see a tree coming straight towards my side, hit the tree and snapped it, then rolled the car once- lots of noise, dust and swearing etc etc and then silence...

I smelled burning (which afterwards i realised was the airbags deploying) and decided to jump out the now smashed drivers window as initial burning smells aint good in this situation!

I just kinda stood there a bit pi$$ed off at the shape of my newly cleaned car then had to climb back through the window to grab my missing trainer, phone and my ciggies.

Got the recovery service out, the polis drove past and obviously stopped, i got breathalysed and told them what happened so on and so on.

All in all a pretty poor end to an otherwise pretty decent weekend.

Like everyone has said though the main thing is that i have only got a small graze on my elbow and i could have been alot worse.

Fingers sore with typing now so will leave it at that peeps.

Craig.

Cooper_si
18th October 2005, 03:52 PM
In some ways your one lucky guy !! that sounds pretty scary !! :(

KenL
18th October 2005, 03:54 PM
Eh!, what speed were you doing?

bpirie1000
18th October 2005, 04:29 PM
Oh Dear. Not a Good One.

Full marks For Your Spin though Every Panel Damaged and Even managed to Rip the Wheel Clean off..

How annoying That you just cleaned it... What Kind Of Tyre slick do/Did you use??

Shame Nothing Worse... Infact Would be kicking yourself if you had just filled it with Petrol..

Anyways.. YOur Alright and You Know the Limit of the Car now..

Go Bye yourself a Lottery Tickets. Things can't get any worse...

craigcooperSworks
18th October 2005, 04:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

30 MPH Officer...:evil: honest.

quote:How annoying That you just cleaned it... What Kind Of Tyre slick do/Did you use??

Shame Nothing Worse... Infact Would be kicking yourself if you had just filled it with Petrol..

It was Turtle wax wet n black aerosol spray type stuff- wont be using that again-lol. And ironically i DID fill the car with petrol on the saturday just before it happened on the sunday, oh well another £35 down the tubes aint really bothering me just now.:sleepy:

KenL
18th October 2005, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigcooperSworks

30 MPH Officer...:evil: honest.

I can only imagine that you must have been going a lot faster than the 30mph limit to slide a car, mount a kerb, break a tree and then roll your car. :blackeye:

What did the police say, "you're nicked my son" :eek:

john
18th October 2005, 05:43 PM
Just had a look at it before it got loaded up for its journey to the salvage yard:dead:

Its one of the shiny'est wrecks I've seen;)

Big Col
18th October 2005, 05:51 PM
I can only imagine that you must have been going a lot faster than the 30mph limit to slide a car, mount a kerb, break a tree and then roll your car. :blackeye:

Dad is that you:question::question::question:

3GGG
18th October 2005, 06:07 PM
Out of interest did you have DSC and was it switched on?

The Dogfather
18th October 2005, 06:07 PM

What did the police say, "you're nicked my son" :eek:

That would depend on the road surface, conditions at the time, size of the curb, location and size of the tree. Even at 30 wet leaves can cause a car to slide.

Given that only Craig was involved I doubt the police will take any action.

bpirie1000
18th October 2005, 08:02 PM
Nice addition to your Signature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02 MCS Works,18" Dare X4s,-30mm springs,Dark silver,Sat Nav,Leather,Xenons,Re-map. RIP 16/10/05

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it Still got the Sense of Humor.. Well done.

Big Col
18th October 2005, 08:11 PM
Here! I just had a thought. Sorry to be a graverobber mate but are you selling any bits from it?

craigcooperSworks
18th October 2005, 08:26 PM
As a matter of fact i actually have brand new EBC Greenstuff front brake pads for sale- obiously never fitted and i also will have a crank pulley arriving shortly that i will have no need for, any of those two items are good to go at the right price...

Craig.

Big Col
18th October 2005, 08:28 PM
I was just asking because you've had the works kit fitted so wont there be some tasty wee bits left untouched in the engine that some scrappy will punt for a fortune?

craigcooperSworks
18th October 2005, 08:35 PM
KenL- yes i was doing over 30, can't deny that for a minute but believe it or not, as BDM says, the road was greasy and did have leaves on it- the police have confirmed that at the scene so i wasn't doing the sort of speed you would imagine.

Also i did have the ASC button on, not sure whether this is the same as DSC though.

The police did their bit and i got breathalysed etc, they basically said because there was no one else involved and no property such as a lamppost or bus shelter damaged then that would prob be the last i heard from them, i never even got a seven day ticket!

Craig:)

craigcooperSworks
18th October 2005, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I was just asking because you've had the works kit fitted so wont there be some tasty wee bits left untouched in the engine that some scrappy will punt for a fortune?

The car has gone to a salvage yard called S I Thompson in Galashiels, so anyone looking for bits would be able to find them there in a couple of days, the majority of the exhaust is probably untouched, supercharger maybe ok and intercooler etc. Sat Nav system is still working but i didn't notice if the little arrow on the screen went upside down as the car rolled:clown:

weefossy
18th October 2005, 09:42 PM
Craig, glad to hear you are OK. I put my week old BMW in a field, back in February and I was not going fast. It all happens so quickly and once it goes, there aint a lot you can do, despite all the theory.
Might be wise to keep the " questions and answers" to a minimum on an open website, until insurance etc. is all sorted. (Dad by name, Dad by nature!!)
What colour for the new motor?

3GGG
18th October 2005, 10:11 PM
OK on the ASC being on Craig, no it isn't quite the same as DSC which is supposed to counter tail end spins etc by applying brakes independently to each wheel as necessary - whether it would have helped in this case is difficult to say.

I remember ending up in a ditch with my mother's Austin 1100 shortly after I passed my test - mud on the road on a hairpin which I thought was only a 90 degree bend at night - it leaves an indelible impression on you when you realise how easily these things can happen and lucky you were to escape serious injury.

monkimagic
19th October 2005, 12:08 AM
Real bad news Craig, your car was a really nice motor ( one of the smartest ), and its such a shame it happened, hope all works out for you,

Monki

john
19th October 2005, 10:11 AM
More to the point,what about the tree?:)

Big Col
19th October 2005, 03:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

More to the point,what about the tree?:)

It'll probably get fixed under insurance mate. www.treesure.com :D:clown::p:dead:

Scottie
22nd October 2005, 06:37 AM
my that's just awful:(:( glad your ok and afterall it is only a car as they say:( on a postive note good the hear the mini left you un hurt.