PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New MINI Cornwall!

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
17th October 2005, 02:24 AM
Hello from waaaay down South :D

I wanted to make contact because some of our members are planning a round Britain Run for late October 2006 and we will be visiting Scotland, around the Isle of Mull and Glencoe to be exact.

It might be good to arrange an interclub meet as we are up there, what do you say?

Please visit www.newminicornwall.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=123 for more information about out trip, and www.newminicornwall.com to visit the main part of our site.

Tigger.

Membership Sec

New MINI Cornwall

GAJ
17th October 2005, 04:04 AM
Hi and welcome to the site. A couple of us were down in Cornwall a few months ago; didn't know anything about newminicornwall then. A wee joint run when you guys are up here sounds llike a good idea to me.

sleepyrascal
17th October 2005, 04:38 AM
HEY!!

MartinSullivan
17th October 2005, 05:12 AM
Welcome to the site

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 06:51 AM
Welcome to NMS.

I noticed that you're planning to travel over the Hardknot/Wrynose Pass on your way up, its a great road as long as you don't meet anything coming down as your going up. :eek: I once did it in winter in snow, scariest drive of my life :eek:

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
17th October 2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone:D

I'll ask EMZ and Nigel(Owners of the infamous "Daisy" and organisers of this particular trip)to get in touch about a meet up.

GAJ, sorry you didn't know about us when you came down. But, if you're ever back down this way, please get in touch!

bad dog mini; love your collie! Meet Jack:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4761/dsc00390formini25ai.th.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00390formini25ai.jpg

I know this looks cruel, but don't worry! Infact, he's very happy to be in the boot; if we go out in our estate car, he actually prefers to curl up in the front footwell! Strange dog!

I did the Hardknott Wrynose Pass 19 years ago in a 1.6 Montego estate (86bhp, from memory). That felt underpowered at the best of times and it only just made it through. I'm hoping that the MINI will be easier. As for doing it in the snow!!!!

Tigger.

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 04:26 PM
Jack looks a lot like Elliott but just with tan markings. how old is he though?

Our dog curls up in the footwell of our Omega, he also trys to do that in the MINI behind my seat but we have to move him as he shuffles and thumps the seat back. At the moment he sits on the back seat with a harness. The boot is no longer an option for us as that's where the LPG tank is.

One summer we went over Hardknot in a 950cc Fiesta, it blew it's radiator at the steepest bit, we also found out the handbrake couldn't support the weight of the car on the slope :eek:. I mananged to find a stream to refill the radiator but the restart was a bit hairy as you had to hold the footbrake on with your heel whilst reving the engine with your toes enough to get a proper hillstart. Needless to say the car got sold not long after :D

gill
17th October 2005, 07:14 PM
Run sounds great!

Welcome to the site. :D

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
17th October 2005, 07:57 PM
Jack is coming up to 12 years old now. Like most collies, he has an obsession. His is water, especially being splashed with it! We only live about 10 miles from the sea, so he's pretty happy.

I think I'm the only one from New MINI Cornwall that's ever been over the H-R Pass, so I'm looking forward to see how the others react to these sorts of stories :D

Tigger.

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 08:15 PM
Elliott is 4 year old, he hates being splashed with water but loves swimming, and people say Collie's are the brightest dogs! Not ours!

Keep us informed of when you're coming up we usually travel down to Lancashire to visit my parents in August, we might be able join you on the run over Hard Knott, if thats OK with you:question:

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
17th October 2005, 08:44 PM
If Elliot is 4 I guess he is still in the "Hyper" state :D Jack's a lot of fun still, but felling a bit knackered these days!

I'm going to ask EMZ to join us here so she can look at making some specific arrangements (it's her run!)but I'm sure it would be great fun to go over the pass together. It's so long since I've been; is there a good place to park up at one, or both, of the summits?

Tigger.

The Dogfather
17th October 2005, 10:04 PM
There is a spot on Wrynose, but not sure about Hard Knot, there's a largish valley between the two where it would be a good place to regroup as well.

EMZ
18th October 2005, 01:14 AM
Hi All,

I see Tigger has made himself at home here already:D You'll have to watch him he's never off line;)
Really pleased some of you are up for meeting us on our little run:)
I haven't done the Pass yet although I did do the DE Stelvio Pass in Italy, back in June with other mini nuts from www.mini-gt.com! Have been to Scotland though. My sister in law lives near Perth. We love it and can't wait til next summer.
I will keep in touch as things develope. Please visit us on www.newminicornwall.com:D

Emz and Daisy(car)

phantom
18th October 2005, 03:23 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :cool::cool::cool:

bishjnr
9th November 2005, 08:25 AM
let another one of us new mini cornwallers butting in herethought i might as well check out some of you lot since we are coming up to your turf Merlin is looking forward to seeing you lot up north

john
9th November 2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome:)

Crombers
9th November 2005, 06:42 PM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

Look forward to another run with our neighbours ;)

monkimagic
12th November 2005, 12:11 AM
howday and welcome

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
12th November 2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks a lot for the welcome everyone :D

Hope to see some of you next summer!

Tigger.

Tigger Eeyore and Roo
15th November 2005, 05:13 AM
I just wanted to say how nice it was to bump into people from New MINI Scotland at the MINI2 production racing event (;))in Milton Keynes on Saturday. I hope to see you again at some point next summer :D

Tigger.

bishjnr
16th November 2005, 03:24 AM
ditto here was nice meeting some of you lot sat shame i had to use my works van hopefully there won't be any losses on the way up to you lot next year

The Dogfather
16th November 2005, 03:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by bishjnr

ditto here was nice meeting some of you lot sat shame i had to use my works van hopefully there won't be any losses on the way up to you lot next year

Who did you meet:question:

Gismo
16th November 2005, 04:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Who did you meet:question:
He drove behind me all the way through the Mini2 run in his wee white van :) not sure if he met mon the fish or not ;)

bishjnr
17th November 2005, 03:39 AM
i met mon the fish briefly but as you said spent most of the time behind you

N12 JLK
20th November 2005, 06:23 AM
come up and see Scotland you'll not want to go home

bishjnr
20th November 2005, 11:24 PM
not so sure about not wanting to leave again cos cornwall is also a lovly place mind you i've only seen a few places up there cos of work such as glasgow and alloa

EMZ
20th November 2005, 11:52 PM
Hi All in Scotland,
I for one can't wait for our run next summer! We come up every other year to visit my sister inlaw who lives near Perth. Cornwall is home at the moment but we have seriously considered moving to Bonny Scotland when my girls are older!
I too had the pleasure of Bish driving behind me once but then he put his foot down.......just to say he got home first but Daisy had a full tank still:)

Craig
21st November 2005, 01:15 AM
let us know when you are coming up, 'cos there may be a run on, or at the very least we could meet up for a chat and a bit of grub.:D

EMZ
21st November 2005, 01:39 AM
Where are you in Scotland?
I'll be up with Tigger and Bish in August so won't e making it to Perth this year. Love it up there apart from the A9 which seems to go on forever with speed cameras everywhere.

bishjnr
22nd November 2005, 05:18 AM
better let you know what merlins all about
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/bishjnr/Picture5.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/bishjnr/DSC00013.jpg

Craig
22nd November 2005, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by EMZ

Where are you in Scotland?
I'll be up with Tigger and Bish in August so won't e making it to Perth this year. Love it up there apart from the A9 which seems to go on forever with speed cameras everywhere.

I'm in central scotland, near Stirling, but there are people on here from all over, so regardless of where you are visiting, there will always be a MINI friend to have a pint with ;)