PDA

View Full Version : Air Con A Necessity?

morrisminiminor
30th September 2003, 04:49 AM
I notice on the Mini2 website that Air con would appear to be a necessity south of the border. Is this the case here. I'd have thought that the visibility pack would have been a better bet due to the frost.

morrisminiminor

macblob
30th September 2003, 04:55 AM
I dont have air con , thats what windows are for :D

Burple
30th September 2003, 04:56 AM
Dunno about a necessity, but it would be nice to have!!
whatever you decide on, I can vouch that the heated seats option is Awesome!
was down at Bristol at the weekend an it was bloody cold on Sat Morning!! Just what you need when you're camping!! ;)

The heaters are spot on too...
and if you get too hot... just open the window!!;):D:D

weefossy
30th September 2003, 05:36 AM
In my book aircon is a must have, especially on long journeys at motorway speed (and upwards towards infininty)!! Keep losing the wig when I open the windy.

macblob
30th September 2003, 05:53 AM
heated seats low, ya big pooooof lol

weefossy
30th September 2003, 05:58 AM
heated seats are really posh:cool::cool:
do they not cause piles? sorry typo "cost piles":evil:

GAJ
30th September 2003, 06:13 AM
Another air con fan here!
I know that this is Scotland but it is nice to have it during our new sunny summers.:cool:
It is also ace for demisting in the winter as the A/C dehumidifies the air.

Burple
30th September 2003, 06:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

heated seats low, ya big pooooof lol

ha ha ha... Me no care!!
nothing like a nice warm botty on those chilly mornings!! :D
(fnar....)

And after standing about at the Leeds festival for 3 days... there's nothing like a nice warm heated seat to sort out a stiff back!! :D:D:D

Just make sure you don't put them on if you're bustin' for a pee!!:I;)

KenL
30th September 2003, 06:35 AM
Air con for me is not a must have, especially in Scotland. If you want to spend an extra £600 on an option and you want it then go for it.

It probably depends as well on what model you're buying. On a ONE there will be lots of them without AC but I'd think a very high percentage of Cooper S have AC.

KenL
30th September 2003, 06:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
I know that this is Scotland but it is nice to have it during our new sunny summers.:cool:

Gaj - Is your memory failing you? :p We've had one good summer (this one) in the last five or so :)

johnlewis99
30th September 2003, 01:15 PM
In U.S. Mini's its not an option..your only choice is basic contols or the fancy model with the thermostat. I use the model "2-70" most of the time (two windows down, 70mph) but when you get stuck in stop and go traffic and its above 35C, A/C is verry nice! I was in Germany for the heatwave (2nd/3rd week of AUG) and it hit 38C!! and hotter if you were in an Ikea store(buying toberlone in its new liquid form) I was really glad the 328I we rented had A/C